shadesofblue

10th Anniversary of Ultraviolence - June 13th

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

ok, but I wonder what happend to Tropico and if this was the album her label didn't like at first

It's kind of an iteration of what Ultraviolence was before it changed. There definitely were changes in the process of UV, as there are any of Lana's albums truthfully. Specifically, Blue Banisters was known for this - it had like 5 or 6 other songs that were being considered and was called Rock Candy Sweet before the title change

The leaks really were what changed Tripico to Ultraviolence I think. When the Untouchable 5 leaked, she came out and said she didn't know what to do with the new music at the time because it's already out there, with a statement that sounded to some like she was quitting because of the leaks being an invasion of privacy and then also the executive thing. 

This album was pivotal to the LDR we have today. The way she releases music and creates music when she wants, the music she wants to make, and the release schedule and timing is pinpointed to this era directly. If things didn't happen the way they did, she might've never been given the freedom and ability to create how she currently does. She actually mentioned it recently, how she's always been able to follow her heart first when creating with Ben and Ed being her management. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

she absolutely is nawt gonna do an anniversary edition with outtakes for UV if she didn’t for BTD, but the least she could do is a worldwide release of flipside + is this happiness, she could even add syth if she was feeling crazy! 

2 minutes ago, Pantene123 said:

The way black beauty leak changed everything 

an iconic leak and an important song

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Just now, brandon said:

she absolutely is nawt gonna do an anniversary edition with outtakes for UV if she didn’t for BTD, but the least she could do is a worldwide release of flipside + is this happiness, she could even add syth if she was feeling crazy! 

she'd have to do fine china too since it's the sister track to SYTH (in my mind at least sksksk)

giphy.gif

UV's 10th anniversary is more important to me than BTD's 10th anniversary. UV was the true game-changer. While BTD was an introduction, UV was the one which literally changed the world. My top 3! This album is probably her most unique album ever, it's like an island its own. Every track means the world to me. It's going to be 10 years since her first no.1 album in the US as well! Ultraviolence was the album which paved way for the "sad grunge Tumblr" community with AM, Pure Heroine and The NBHD's I Love You. When I became a full-time fan, Ultraviolence was definitely an album that was really difficult for me to get into but once you get into it you can't escape it because it's a fucking mesmerizing masterpiece! It brought psychedelic rock and blues rock back to life in an era where EDM and maximalistic pop beats dominated the charts then. What I love the most about this album is how jazz music was blended with rock music.

Every track is so cinematic, the lyrics tell its own story. West Coast on repeat forever, my favorite song from the album. Everything about this song is so perfect, the lyrics, the production. It's like a whole new dimension. Is This Happiness and Flipside are my another favorites, they're really underrated outside the fandom but they're amazing, the storytelling and the production. It's so addictive to listen to these songs. I NEED THESE SONGS ON SPOTIFY!!! Brooklyn Baby, Shades Of Cool, the title track, Black Beauty...another hits, everything about these are so incredible - these songs also have one of her best vocal performances ever. Cruel World, one of the best intros ever, it was life changing for me when this song started hitting differently. Pretty When You Cry, Old Money, Money Power Glory, Sad Girl, FMWUTT, The Other Woman, Florida Kilos, Guns & Roses (a very underrated song!) - look at those songs, everything about these are perfect as well, from the story to the production. I loved the lyrics in it because it simply described her feelings and emotions how she went through, that's why many people can relate to this album. The production was genius - Lana, Dan Auerbach, Dan Heath, Blake and Rick Nowels were truly a dream team, everything they composed was so unique and new, making timeless songs for eternity. The perfect blend of jazz and rock, the sweet psychedelia, the amazing soaring guitar solos, heartwrenching orchestras, the melancholic drums, every pattern of it was just so spectacular that no one, NO ONE in this world could recreate it. It's like a magic, a lightning in the bottle that can be never recreated again.

This album and era made also Neil Krug famous again, can we talk about his photography and art for this era as well? These photographs were truly gorgeous, captured the era's colors and aesthetics perfectly, the album cover - as simple as it looks - it captured the album's complex mood perfectly and it was truly a game-changer for the people in Tumblr. One of her best album covers! And the music videos, these music videos were so stunning, I loved the cinematography so much, Lana was truly beautiful in those videos. Shades Of Cool was phenomenal because it felt like a movie I could watch forever and ever. 

It was a hit album and did great in charts and sales then but since the pandemic years it kind of had a new life when Brooklyn Baby, West Coast and The Other Woman went viral in TikTok. While the audiences there can be really annoying, I'm really glad that Ultraviolence became very popular outside the fandom again because I think with this album people finally understood Lana's vision and her range in music. I'll never shut up about this, what a fucking brilliant album, ahead of its time! Happy 10th Anniversary, dear Ultraviolence, I love you forever, love you forever! :crying5:

url%5D

5 minutes ago, Pantene123 said:

The way black beauty leak changed everything 

and the fake concept demo can change everything again! :trisha:

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

5 minutes ago, brandon said:

also the way this would require nearly no effort to do

My brain explodes every time I listen to this album. How powerful is this album :pray2:

url%5D

Even 10 years later this album is STILL so ahead. No one had ever done something like this before and no one has since!!!! I love how Embach said the album is like an island, it really is. I think I could write about it for hours, it’s such a cohesive and incredible body of work. Been my fav album for a decade and I genuinely don’t think anything will ever come close to topping it. Start to finish it is just mindblowing- every single fucking time

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

33 minutes ago, Embach said:

UV's 10th anniversary is more important to me than BTD's 10th anniversary. UV was the true game-changer. While BTD was an introduction, UV was the one which literally changed the world. My top 3! This album is probably her most unique album ever, it's like an island its own. Every track means the world to me. It's going to be 10 years since her first no.1 album in the US as well! Ultraviolence was the album which paved way for the "sad grunge Tumblr" community with AM, Pure Heroine and The NBHD's I Love You. When I became a full-time fan, Ultraviolence was definitely an album that was really difficult for me to get into but once you get into it you can't escape it because it's a fucking mesmerizing masterpiece! It brought psychedelic rock and blues rock back to life in an era where EDM and maximalistic pop beats dominated the charts then. What I love the most about this album is how jazz music was blended with rock music.

Every track is so cinematic, the lyrics tell its own story. West Coast on repeat forever, my favorite song from the album. Everything about this song is so perfect, the lyrics, the production. It's like a whole new dimension. Is This Happiness and Flipside are my another favorites, they're really underrated outside the fandom but they're amazing, the storytelling and the production. It's so addictive to listen to these songs. I NEED THESE SONGS ON SPOTIFY!!! Brooklyn Baby, Shades Of Cool, the title track, Black Beauty...another hits, everything about these are so incredible - these songs also have one of her best vocal performances ever. Cruel World, one of the best intros ever, it was life changing for me when this song started hitting differently. Pretty When You Cry, Old Money, Money Power Glory, Sad Girl, FMWUTT, The Other Woman, Florida Kilos, Guns & Roses (a very underrated song!) - look at those songs, everything about these are perfect as well, from the story to the production. I loved the lyrics in it because it simply described her feelings and emotions how she went through, that's why many people can relate to this album. The production was genius - Lana, Dan Auerbach, Dan Heath, Blake and Rick Nowels were truly a dream team, everything they composed was so unique and new, making timeless songs for eternity. The perfect blend of jazz and rock, the sweet psychedelia, the amazing soaring guitar solos, heartwrenching orchestras, the melancholic drums, every pattern of it was just so spectacular that no one, NO ONE in this world could recreate it. It's like a magic, a lightning in the bottle that can be never recreated again.

This album and era made also Neil Krug famous again, can we talk about his photography and art for this era as well? These photographs were truly gorgeous, captured the era's colors and aesthetics perfectly, the album cover - as simple as it looks - it captured the album's complex mood perfectly and it was truly a game-changer for the people in Tumblr. One of her best album covers! And the music videos, these music videos were so stunning, I loved the cinematography so much, Lana was truly beautiful in those videos. Shades Of Cool was phenomenal because it felt like a movie I could watch forever and ever. 

It was a hit album and did great in charts and sales then but since the pandemic years it kind of had a new life when Brooklyn Baby, West Coast and The Other Woman went viral in TikTok. While the audiences there can be really annoying, I'm really glad that Ultraviolence became very popular outside the fandom again because I think with this album people finally understood Lana's vision and her range in music. I'll never shut up about this, what a fucking brilliant album, ahead of its time! Happy 10th Anniversary, dear Ultraviolence, I love you forever, love you forever! :crying5:

Somethings Last a Long time babe

i know we say 'something shifted' and 'she remembered who she was and the game changed' but (and i say this with sincerity) this was THEE biggest cultural shift and she truly DID remember who she was and the game changed

like to convey that amount of melancholy, slvttiness and for lack of a better word, etherial-ism is beyond the realms of what the girls are doing, even today and all the girls are trying to replicate ha efforts now

like she truly struck gold and kept on digging with this record and it is still thee best piece of work ever recorded. thank you, dan auerbach

and the visuals my GAWDDD like talk about timeless beauty. nicholas krug we love you

COME ON DAHN TO FLARIDARRRR

I GAWT SUMIN FOR YERRRR

SIX-925-F28-EF-3396-4432-B041-EEFD43-EF3

Spoiler

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Just now, Pantene123 said:

image.jpeg

I feel like im gonna regret this

omgg what is this???

Music Video Butterfly GIF by Beats4LA