Sign in to follow this  
AllHisCandyNecklaces

Lana Del Rey interviewed by BBC News about Taylor and the success of “The Eras Tour”

14 minutes ago, taco truck said:

We aren’t safe in our thread either😭 Some of you guys (specifically you and a few others) are insanely obsessed with her in a  weird hater way that I will never understand. I hate the pull out the misogynistic card but the way you guys act about Taylor specifically is very weird. And the fact you guys think Lana is constantly showing shade at Taylor is weird. Lana just talks like that. And I don’t think there is anything wrong with wanting it. 

nobody here HAS to like her, and we should be able to express our opinions, especially when they're clearly warranted, this is lanaboards, not taylorboards or anotherotherartistboards so we honestly should have the right and the ability to express our thoughts freely on other artists, however we see fit, as we aren't on a platform dedicated to them

i can agree that for the most part that just simply going into a random artist's thread and talking shit about them for no reason isn't really good form, but the last time we did that was when she was releasing 390294092 versions of her album just simply because she couldn't fathom another artist (another female artist at that) being at the top for ONCE

she's very clearly money-hungry, greedy, and selfish, and it's especially egregious considering the state of the world right now, i'm not saying she's the worst of the worst, and i can't act like every artist i listen to are magnificent people, i mean, nobody is anyway, but we have every right not to like her and we have every right to call her out on it, especially so since so many people practically worship her

10 minutes ago, taco truck said:

We aren’t safe in our thread either😭 Some of you guys (specifically you and a few others) are insanely obsessed with her in a  weird hater way that I will never understand. I hate to pull out the misogynistic card but the way you guys act about Taylor specifically is very weird. And the fact you guys think Lana is constantly showing shade at Taylor is weird. Lana just talks like that. And I don’t think there is anything wrong with wanting it. 

and I’m not gonna say anything else cause you guys just get really mean when it comes to Taylor and her fans on this forum:toofunny:

i- I’ve posted in there dragging her maybe half a dozen times or so and it’s always been when she’s dropping bloated albums or another one of her many million variants… 

like- insanely obsessed? I’d argue it’s the other way round babes. Going out of your way to defend her & her money hungry tactics while she continues to force feed her fans her next 30 track record or re-recording with 500 variants

AND stays *selectively* silent on certain issues in the world rn mind you, and consistently tries to block her fellow artists; just to name a handful of things.

TLDR; you thought you ate that

edit to clarify; it’s all love irdc it ain’t serious, but yknow I think majority of the criticism abt her is 100% valid and I feel like most of the drama to do with pointing that out comes from obsessed & overly defensive fans

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

Me personally I just wish they'd only interview Lana when they wanna talk about Lana :whatever2: This is like when she was at the Met Gala and they asked her what her favorite song off Taylor's album is

imageproxy.jpg

6 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

i- I’ve posted in there dragging her maybe half a dozen times or so and it’s always been when she’s dropping bloated albums or another one of her many million variants… 

like- insanely obsessed? I’d argue it’s the other way round babes. Going out of your way to defend her & her money hungry tactics while she continues to force feed her fans her next 30 track record or re-recording with 500 variants

AND stays *selectively* silent on certain issues in the world rn mind you, and consistently tries to block her fellow artists; just to name a handful of things.

TLDR; you thought you ate that

I’m a fan of Taylor but I’m not gonna defend her on everything, and I don’t. You specifically call her dumb Stan Twitter insults and are always one of the first ones to comment on threads like this. That’s what I’m talking about. You also have gone into that thread multiple times just to talk shit which I find weird. That’s why I called out you specifically cause I don’t really mind the people just sharing their critiques even if I agree or disagree. I wish you guys would just be a bit nicer to her FANS on this website, even if you don’t like Taylor. As I like a lot of you but you just start being very mean once Taylor is brought up !!!

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I’m a fan of Taylor but I’m not gonna defend her on everything, and I don’t. You specifically call her dumb Stan Twitter insults and are always one of the first ones to comment on threads like this. That’s what I’m talking about. You also have gone into that thread multiple times just to talk shit which I find weird. 

I can guarantee that 90% of the time you have seen one of my few posts in the TS thread it has been in response to something ridiculous she’s done and me rightfully criticising it/her

anyway, like I said- obsessed lol

If it’s against the rules to go into a thread of an artist yall don’t like and say smth, girl… the mods gonna be ON my ass again tonight :deadbanana:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

This is not Disney channel! There are no happy endings here! The public has SPOKEN, the era of Taymid tolerance has gone on long enough… I have to listen to Out of the Woods and Look What You Made Me Do like 3 times a week at work. Frankly at this point i want financial and emotional compensation.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

Just now, Psychedelic Pussy said:

I can guarantee that 90% of the time you have seen one of my few posts in the TS thread it has been in response to something ridiculous she’s done and me rightfully criticising it/her

anyway, like I said- obsessed lol

Ok well I’m not gonna argue with you anymore

Mind you this is the woman that times the release of her 1728393th exclusive variant at the same time as other big releases to make sure she keeps on topping charts with her mediocre double album--so Lana's comment makes total sense. :blush3:

I think it's hilarious how Swifties cannot fathom that:

1. Taylor Swift is not the humble girl's girl that supports other women, and a valid critique of her conniving, self-serving, hypercapitalist ways IS NOT an attack on feminism;

2. We are NOT obsessed with her, we are being force fed content and updates on all fronts, like we are certainly not asking Lana these uninteresting questions.

7 minutes ago, drugsdesire said:

can yall stop talking about taylor this is embarrassing 

lana del rey when BCC news asked her about taylor's career and success instead of asking her about her own career and success

To be fair, it’s true that like 90% of haters (for any artist) just hate because its trendy and talk shit without actually listening to the music. But for Taylor it’s become a special case for the reasons laid out above 👆. This reaction is warrented, especially given the context with the Lana interview. And i personally listened to every Taymid album back to back. Even Tortured Tiktok deparment Anthology Max Stream Time edition, and yeah its safe to say negative opinions of Taylor are definitely understandable.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

i cant believe taylor directly told lana she wants fame more than anyone else :rip: i mean we knew that but at least try to be humble?  

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

29 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

edit to clarify; it’s all love irdc it ain’t serious, but yknow I think majority of the criticism abt her is 100% valid and I feel like most of the drama to do with pointing that out comes from obsessed & overly defensive fans

Ok I just saw this and I want to say I appreciate this. I think it is totally fine to think the criticism is valid (even though I personally don’t think a lot of it is). And honestly I can agree with you and say I do get really defensive. I think a lot of it has to do with sometimes I wake up and the FIRST thing I see on Lanaboards is a thread like this or in the Taylor thread people are critiquing, and it can get really heated. It stresses me out and I feel the need to defend Taylor cause I feel like you guys dislike me for being a big Taylor fan sometimes😭. It sounds ridiculous but I do think of this website as a community, so it can be upsetting to me idk. I do the same thing for Lana too and I think a lot of you guys feel the same way about Lana so hopefully you can understand where I’m coming from a bit.