Elle

Lana Del Rey's wedding as she marries Jeremy Dufrene in Des Allemands, LA - September 26th, 2024

2 hours ago, West Coast said:

Wishing for the demise or her relationship when she's not even been married for 24 hours is weird, no matter what we think of the guy. Let her be happy with her ''problematic'' man, damn. :takeitdoen:

some people are just completely bitter, miserable, and judgmental to the core

it costs absolutely nothing and takes zero effort to say something positive and to keep other thoughts to yourself 

remember, i'll always love you, bye

10 minutes ago, domandapiano said:

This feels like the perfect moment to take a step back into a more casual enjoyment of her art. I’ve been a fan since pre born to die, and her music’s impact will always inform the comings and goings of my life. 

Glad she’s happy, hope all the things he seems to champion aren’t true, and if they are… no one said great artists have to be great people I guess. :thirst:

I don’t fuck w anti trans ppl tho they’re trash and ill say it louder for any mutha fucker who tries to give me shit for feeling that way  :smokes5:

I agree honestly and people are gonna give you shit for it because apparently we are supposed to be happy no matter what otherwise we are parasocial jobless losers, but jeez this really just takes the magic out of everything for me. I hate to think that the entire journey she’s gone through in her music leads to her randomly marrying a trump supporter who said he would beat up trans women like wtf. I don’t know I want to be happy for her but I’m just not. I’m also thinking of stepping back because I just can’t support it.

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

4 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Some of the comments here make me uncomfortable, maybe it’s because I’m a woman, I don’t know. They sound so insensitive. I wouldn’t like it if people discussed my sex life or guess whether I’m pregnant or not. Assuming that she will retire because she’s married sounds like some old-fashioned thought that she’ll become a 50’s tradwife and give up her career.

If she decides to write personal lyrics again like we’ve heard in her most recent albums, this chapter in her life will undoubtedly affect her music. But I think it’s wrong to assume she’ll quit music forever, even if she decides to move from LA.

yeah i don’t get why so many people have jumped straight to saying she’s going to retire. apparently a woman can’t have a successful career and get married at the same time.

Jenny jumped into the pool, she was swimmin' with Nikki Lane
She said, "Most men don't want a woman with a legacy, it's of age"
She said, "You can't be a muse and be happy, too
You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy"
And that scared me

putting this man’s problematic ideologies aside, at the very least i hope he respects Lana’s career as an artist

He probably asked her not to take pictures with people when they're around in Louisiana because maybe he doesn't want people to find their locations? I'm just assuming, this may be a reason.. considering they are going to live together, most likely in Louisiana, they'll want to keep a low profile? 

I'm not justifying anything just having a thought :tea:

tumblr-m8pd6uijos1qgawlzo1-500.gif

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I agree honestly and people are gonna give you shit for it because apparently we are supposed to be happy no matter what otherwise we are parasocial jobless losers, but jeez this really just takes the magic out of everything for me. I hate to think that the entire journey she’s gone through in her music leads to her randomly marrying a trump supporter who said he would beat up trans women like wtf. I don’t know I want to be happy for her but I’m just not. I’m also thinking of stepping back because I just can’t support it.

Yeah me too. Like someone else said on here, supporting Lana now means supporting this guy financially as well. I don’t think I can justify buying her records anymore, and I will probably stick to giving her new music a few streams on Spotify. I know that she will still have plenty of fans and make a lot of money but this just crossed a line for me. 

20 minutes ago, Beautiful Loser said:

Some of the comments here make me uncomfortable, maybe it’s because I’m a woman, I don’t know. They sound so insensitive. I wouldn’t like it if people discussed my sex life or guess whether I’m pregnant or not. Assuming that she will retire because she’s married sounds like some old-fashioned thought that she’ll become a 50’s tradwife and give up her career.

If she decides to write personal lyrics again like we’ve heard in her most recent albums, this chapter in her life will undoubtedly affect her music. But I think it’s wrong to assume she’ll quit music forever, even if she decides to move from LA.

yes, THANK YOU, it's bothering me so much that people are automatically assuming she's going to retire, or that she's only getting married because she must be pregnant :eyeroll: we literally have no idea what's going on in her personal life besides the now-obvious, and we have no idea how she feels about anything, this is LANA DEL REY, she is NOT going to just stop making music and completely quit just because she's married, music is all she wanted to do, she worked so hard to get to where she is, and she sincerely doesn't seem like the type to give everything up just because she's married, i can only hope jeremy can be understanding of her career and her fame, i want to remain positive about it all, but i really hope her being famous and married to somebody who isn't won't cause any issues or conflict

but, regardless, she isn't spineless and she isn't going to let anybody get in the way of her art, or what she wants to do, even if she doesn't tour, or show up for events, i really do believe she will always work on and release music, she'll always be around somehow

remember, i'll always love you, bye

I’m understanding the negativity more now. i wasn’t aware of all the things he’s said (i expected/knew he’d be a conservative but i didn’t expect how hateful he’d be), liking thirst traps, n now not allowing her to take pics with fans. i still think she’s a grown woman that can make her own choices but i understand not wanting to support her anymore since they’re financially tied.

49 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

lasso better be good bitch

the rumours are confirmed. lasso is southern gothic rather than country. Lana Del Rey feat. Ethel Cain single coming soon to all streaming platforms. :smokes:

in my delulu era.

9 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

yeah i don’t get why so many people have jumped straight to saying she’s going to retire. apparently a woman can’t have a successful career and get married at the same time.

Jenny jumped into the pool, she was swimmin' with Nikki Lane
She said, "Most men don't want a woman with a legacy, it's of age"
She said, "You can't be a muse and be happy, too
You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy"
And that scared me

putting this man’s problematic ideologies aside, at the very least i hope he respects Lana’s career as an artist

i completely agree with this 100% i just personally questioned if she may retire because i feel like she was intentionally taking a step back (before ocean blvd and that tour) and just from snippets she had said throughout her career, it’s just never seemed to me like she would be an artist who wanted to stay in the limelight forever. and especially with marrying someone who lives a much quieter life in regards to that. i just thought of the quote she said during the ivors, something like, “i was looking to get married not work on my 10th album”. that’s the reason i was wondering ❤️

1 minute ago, Fuck Our Generation said:

Can somebody tell me why is everyone hating on Jeremy? I don't know if he has said or done anything, but why cricticise him so bad when you don't know him personally?

Im not sure what else, but i think People just dont like him because he's a Trumpie

4 minutes ago, Fuck Our Generation said:

Can somebody tell me why is everyone hating on Jeremy? I don't know if he has said or done anything, but why cricticise him so bad when you don't know him personally?

2 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Im not sure what else, but i think People just dont like him because he's a Trumpie

It’s his social media presence where he’s liking and reposting things such as beating trans women.

4 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Well personally, I wouldn't hate on someone because of their political opinions, when I know that everyone is the same shit and the situation's getting worse and worse, at least in my country.