Elle

Lana Del Rey's wedding as she marries Jeremy Dufrene in Des Allemands, LA - September 26th, 2024

You know I’m really confused about people saying he has relatives who have been convicted of DV,

a) half of you cheer for an album that conceptualised DV. 

B) are we this desperate we’re gonna persecute her based on his relatives? Her mother is evidently a narcissistic abuser, are we gonna start condemning Chuck for being related to Patty?

10 minutes ago, J03 said:

You know I’m really confused about people saying he has relatives who have been convicted of DV,

a) half of you cheer for an album that conceptualised DV. 

B) are we this desperate we’re gonna persecute her based on his relatives? Her mother is evidently a narcissistic abuser, are we gonna start condemning Chuck for being related to Patty?

An artist writing about her abuse is valid. It's her own experience after all and she wasn't the abuser so it's not the same.

I agree with your second point tho, it makes no sense to put the blame on Lana for what her husband's relatives did.

I do think her marrying a shitty person is valid criticism tho... cause that's her own decision and doing.

At the end of the day I don’t think it matters that much unless you're really invested in Lana as a person or see her as a role model but it's understandable that people are somewhat annoyed 

giphy.gif

Swamp moms in confederate thongs are part of the alligator tour community culture i’d imagine

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

Honestly I've found this whole situation so hard to wrap my head around.

Obviously we don't really know Lana but like many others have mentioned, we do know her on some level because she has chosen to share a lot of herself both through her art and the way that she communicates her feelings. A lot of us spend a significant amount of time on a forum dedicated to Lana, so of course we feel invested in both her artistic and personal endeavors. That doesn't mean we get to have a say in what she does, but it does mean that we care about the directions she chooses to go.

Something feels very strange about all this. Personally I've never felt that any of Lana's past controversies were really problematic, but more so a combination of misunderstanding and overblown drama. This does feel different this time. I just can't really fathom how she could not only align herself so closely, but also marry someone who holds views like Jeremy does. Especially so close an election where the stakes are so high. She has been so clear in her stance against Trump in the past, and it's just disheartening to see her ignore all that for a marriage that seemingly came out of nowhere to a person who holds deeply concerning values. I know we don't know Jeremy, and I'm sure there are positive qualities to him, but it's hard not to feel uncomfortable about the whole thing.

I wish nothing but the best for her and want her to be happy, but I genuinely hope she's okay. There are reasons to feel a bit of concern.

2 minutes ago, DCooper said:

Honestly I've found this whole situation so hard to wrap my head around.

Obviously we don't really know Lana but like many others have mentioned, we do know her on some level because she has chosen to share a lot of herself both through her art and the way that she communicates her feelings. A lot of us spend a significant amount of time on a forum dedicated to Lana, so of course we feel invested in both her artistic and personal endeavors. That doesn't mean we get to have a say in what she does, but it does mean that we care about the directions she chooses to go.

Something feels very strange about all this. Personally I've never felt that any of Lana's past controversies were really problematic, but more so a combination of misunderstanding and overblown drama. This does feel different this time. I just can't really fathom how she could not only align herself so closely, but also marry someone who holds views like Jeremy does. Especially so close an election where the stakes are so high. She has been so clear in her stance against Trump in the past, and it's just disheartening to see her ignore all that for a marriage that seemingly came out of nowhere to a person who holds deeply concerning values. I know we don't know Jeremy, and I'm sure there are positive qualities to him, but it's hard not to feel uncomfortable about the whole thing.

I wish nothing but the best for her and want her to be happy, but I genuinely hope she's okay. There are reasons to feel a bit of concern.

Yes..  This. What I honestly think is there are priorities for her now (family.. marriage..).. and the topics that some of us care deeply about are just not one of them for her now.. (she would look past them) I guess after so many unstable relationships and maybe guys who didn't want to commit she found one that aligned with ther priorities... 

We don’t know if patty was an actual abuser tbh- I can’t name one parent who hasn’t done verbal abuse- it just depends on the context and the length of time in the occurrence- she’s not in the wedding pics so I’m guessing she was at arms length.

From what it sounds like-Lana was a very difficult child based on the information provided such as crashing a car at 15 in BTD interviews and her alcohol addiction.

1 minute ago, dexter said:

Him and Emma Roberts are also friends with Jeremy why does he have so many celebrity connections 

Seems like he meets a lot of celebs during his swamp boat tours. I believe I saw a picture of him with Kate Hudson as well. 

6 minutes ago, grandpas glass said:

The only positive aspect I see is that Lana can help the daughters to get on the right track and lead a better life. Perhaps she did the whole thing for charitable reasons, who knows. :um2:

No one marries for charitable reasons

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d

On 9/27/2024 at 4:59 PM, Dark Angel said:

i just know they're in the woods, wearing camo, and cooking up some frog legs right now

Idk personally I feel lana on this

i've been with a man that I didn't rlly connect with and had 100% op morals, just because I wanted to be loved

˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚ Still waiting for Put me in a movie Studio Recording * ˚ ✦

25 minutes ago, dexter said:

Him and Emma Roberts are also friends with Jeremy why does he have so many celebrity connections 

He disappears bodies for them in the swamps.

16 minutes ago, jaesana said:

No one marries for charitable reasons

except you're "one of the last ones with good intentions".

she could have any (good-looking) man, so why did she choose that poor swamp family? perhaps we will never understand it