Elle

Lana Del Rey's wedding as she marries Jeremy Dufrene in Des Allemands, LA - September 26th, 2024

6 minutes ago, jealous girl said:

I’m sorry but it feels a bit icky to me to distance yourself from her fandom because she got married? Does your admiration of her work really rely on an illusion of her being “available”? Does she stop being her own person once she’s married? Would you do that for a male artist marrying a woman or for any other artist for that matter?

Sorry if this offends anyone, I’m not saying this opinion applies to everyone saying this but at a glance it doesn’t look good

I don’t think it has anything to do with her being “available” for 99% of people who feel this way. It’s her marrying (not just associating, being friends, or even dating) a Trump supporter who liked/reposted some pretty nasty stuff that I don’t agree with at all. Everyone has their own right to feel how they feel about someone’s morals and political opinions and I’m tired of everyone on this site telling people that’s wrong. I think the healthiest thing to do is take a step back if you feel like you can’t support someone fully anymore, rather than staying an obsessive fan but at the same time feeling upset over everything she does. 

Also yes- I would feel this way if any artist I greatly admired married someone with these views. 

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 minutes ago, jealous girl said:

I’m sorry but it feels a bit icky to me to distance yourself from her fandom because she got married? Does your admiration of her work really rely on an illusion of her being “available”? Does she stop being her own person once she’s married? Would you do that for a male artist marrying a woman or for any other artist for that matter?

Sorry if this offends anyone, I’m not saying this opinion applies to everyone saying this but at a glance it doesn’t look good

it's not about the fact that she's married in general, it's about her husband's politics

remember, i'll always love you, bye

not her getting married at a swamp :eartha: it's giving Shrek.

Not gonna lie, tho. Her marrying a Trump supporter makes me sick, and question everything she stands for. Yes, you love the person, but the person you decided to share a life with has beliefs and ideologies you are accepting or even identifying with...

1 minute ago, Morningcrow said:

This absolutely disgusts me. I don’t believe Jeremy has changed his views on this in the last three years considering he is still liking and reposting very conservative content. I’m sure Lana is aware of his political views, but I doubt she’s seen this…

giphy.gif
   ⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚𝒅𝒐𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 ‧₊°  

6 minutes ago, jealous girl said:

I don’t listen to male artists who aren’t gay so I can’t speak to that but I don’t think anyone is mad she got married, it just maybe makes gay and trans fans like myself a little bummed she is married to someone who shared anti trans sentiments in the past 

I can’t befriend anyone personally who is a trump supporter because of what he stands for- if you’re conservative then that’s whatever, but a specific vote for someone who initiated women’s rights being taken away even in cases where abortion would lead to them not dying, said outright racist views and raped women(confirmed in court proceedings) is not right.

10 minutes ago, Morningcrow said:

what the fuckkkkk. lana sure knows how to pick her men. we can only hope he won’t be toxic to her.

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

5 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

what the fuckkkkk. lana sure knows how to pick her men. we can only hope he won’t be toxic to her.

If that dm from deuxmoi is true (about a fan asking to take a picture with Lana, but she said no because Jeremy doesn’t like it), it already seems like he’s controlling. This is just speculation, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a fan of Andrew Tate…

giphy.gif
   ⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚𝒅𝒐𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 ‧₊°  

dad overheard me tell my mum that lana married a trump supporter and we had a massive argument bc he defended trump and policies that i pointed out :rip: Im fuming, we don’t even live in the US and he’s been infected by right wing propaganda. such a meat head

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif

17 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I don’t think it has anything to do with her being “available” for 99% of people who feel this way. It’s her marrying (not just associating, being friends, or even dating) a Trump supporter who liked/reposted some pretty nasty stuff that I don’t agree with at all. Everyone has their own right to feel how they feel about someone’s morals and political opinions and I’m tired of everyone on this site telling people that’s wrong. I think the healthiest thing to do is take a step back if you feel like you can’t support someone fully anymore, rather than staying an obsessive fan but at the same time feeling upset over everything she does. 

Also yes- I would feel this way if any artist I greatly admired married someone with these views. 

You say this now but you will be foaming at the mouth the second she posts a teaser for new music. Stop being so melodramatic.

2 minutes ago, Cherry Blossom said:

dad overheard me tell my mum that lana married a trump supporter and we had a massive argument bc he defended trump and policies that i pointed out :rip: Im fuming, we don’t even live in the US and he’s been infected by right wing propaganda. such a meat head

Yep it’s infected the morons here in the Uk too- what exact policies of trumps are even defendable? The economy in the US wasn’t exactly booming with Trump and Kids were still being shot in schools with a healthcare system that doesn’t work.

although i've been generally positive... here are my thoughts on it all

i am very, very happy for her, it's clear that being married is something she's always wanted, and i can only imagine how wonderful she must feel right now, and i would like to believe she knows what she's doing and that she's making the correct choice, but i do find it concerning that she's marrying someone who clearly doesn't hold the best views, it really isn't about him being conservative, or being southern or whatever (also, hating on him for being southern, being some regular dude, or being more rugged is gross AF and very close-minded) and i know not every single trump supporter is automatically hateful or bad, some trump supporters probably aren't even that well-informed on politics and don't even know what they're supporting (i would know lol :eyeroll3:) and i can't know exactly how he feels, or exactly why he supports him, but the hateful views he holds are very concerning, and i would find it quite disappointing if she knew about them, but didn't care, or felt that she could look past them

at the end of the day, she's going to be sharing her life with him, in so many different ways, they will share finances, their living space, sleep in the same bed, and possibly have children, and you cannot do that with just anybody, especially not someone who doesn't believe in your right to have an abortion if you need one, because, what if she got pregnant and something went wrong? sure, some conservative men perhaps will make exceptions for their wives, even if they don't believe others should have the right to it, but we don't know what he's like, and although OFC lana's not transgender, and maybe they don't know many or any transgender individuals, she's still with someone who clearly doesn't like them at all and has even promoted violence towards them, i wouldn't want to be with someone, especially so closely, knowing that they feel that way, it's not okay, and i doubt that she would genuinely be okay with that, at least, i hope not, i'm hoping for the best, but i hope that if anything comes up, and she's not okay with it, that she will be able to leave and come out of it unscathed, although i'm sure it would really hurt for her to have to go through that, considering how important it must be for her to get married, and to possibly have children, she is 39, and when you get older, having children can become more difficult, so i can understand why she just wants to find the right thing and to be able to have those opportunities, i just hope it works out for her

remember, i'll always love you, bye

5 minutes ago, Creyk said:

You say this now but you will be foaming at the mouth the second she posts a teaser for new music. Stop being so melodramatic.

I will love her music and be excited for it no matter what lmao I don’t know what you think you’re doing with this comment. All I’m saying is I’m stepping away from the intense fandom into more casual. 

975879ca71d01ef914728e1d913db9c8ebe35e197a6779948f76453c1c7c3d67249eb70c2144a45946bb601b85b9a0ea979662afb98515387a76cc16

˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 hour ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

Getting hitched in the bayou bayou 🐊

Kith softly in the rain :hooker:

Not that smart 🧠

But she’s full on married! 🤵👰

pontoon.jpg

That sign missed a trick to say “how sweet it is to be loved bayou”

like a dream, you glide on the water 

IMG-7034.gif

and like a star, I shine from the shore