Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

For some reason I get the impression it's the video her fans obsess over the most (aside from maybe the Born to Die video).

Video Games is probably the most-loved and most-mentioned imo

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Tropico is boring, cheesy and horribly edited. Unnecesary slo-mo scenes(basically the whole film was in slow motion) and the monologues made it even worse. Everything is laughable.

Tropico was such a flop that I think that has lasting consequences on her videography. Ride was button pushing yes, cheesy sometimes but at least was well executed visually and had some coherence conceptually. Tropico had a bad script (besides a few good ideas and I think that this is Lana's fault) and was very poorly directed (Mandler's fault). And that horrible screen ratio...I hated the Speedy Ortiz front woman's piece about Tropico at that time but she was right about it: 3 videos for 3 great songs instead of one "Frankenstein" it would have been much better

If you like neither Tropico nor UV, you don't like extremes in music videos, because they are at opposite ends of a continuum for what MVs can be (e.g., big, ambitious, pretentious, intellectual, whatever vs. small, understated, personal, emotional, whatever). So if I were to express this as an unpopular opinion I would say I like the way she explores extremes in her art. I think she does this mostly in songs (both within and between albums), and I like that it makes her seem unpredictable.

Ride is one of my least favorite songs...

And I think Lana overuses the whole gangsta/dangerous/addict vibe. It makes for an interesting persona but it gets tiring after a while and it seems really forced.

C7EJSFg.gif

@@GLOW, yes I agree to an extent. Don't care for ride either.. its just ehh okay for me..not one of my favs that I live for, of hers..

and the themes, yes, they get boring after awhile..the thing is she can't change her style too much, or it will change her entire persona..

so its kinda weird that way.. I like artists like springsteen (that type of writing, not so much the songs/sounds necessarily), where you can write about many different topics of life, and not be a one trick pony.. Lana could do both upbeat stuff, as well as low and heavy, and it would work great for her, cause she is so deep.

I will be excited to hear the song in full completed version, and the rest to follow..

@@GLOW, yes I agree to an extent. Don't care for ride either.. its just ehh okay for me..not one of my favs that I live for, of hers..

and the themes, yes, they get boring after awhile..the thing is she can't change her style too much, or it will change her entire persona..

so its kinda weird that way.. I like artists like springsteen (that type of writing, not so much the songs/sounds necessarily), where you can write about many different topics of life, and not be a one trick pony.. Lana could do both upbeat stuff, as well as low and heavy, and it would work great for her, cause she is so deep.

I will be excited to hear the song in full completed version, and the rest to follow..

One question I have is: what does she do besides recording and touring? Where does she go? How does she get inspiration? I wish she was an avid traveler and that she'd get inspired more by what she sees/learns from other cultures and other ways of living. Something that would challenge her perception.

Imho, her poetry would be deeper, more powerful if she would get inspired based on living many different experiences rather than being inspired by other artists work, or a specific era.

When she was younger, she put herself in unusual situations where she learned a lot and wrote a lot about. But now?

Too scared to post this elsewhere -

The song Honeymoon is repetitive and the production is boring. It would not do well as a single, because it just isn't catchy and it has some bizarre risqué lyrics. It's not my favourite song at all.

Don't kill me.

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

Too scared to post this elsewhere -

The song Honeymoon is repetitive and the production is boring. It would not do well as a single, because it just isn't catchy and it has some bizarre risqué lyrics. It's not my favourite song at all.

Don't kill me.

where did you hear the whole song 

She did part of it live

she did it a Capella so how can you say it has bad production when you haven't heard the real thing? 

I'm so lucky I love sunbathing and moonbathing