Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

During Honeymoon's leak and release I felt completely in love with it and kept listening to it on repeat. But now after days have gone by I feel like it's going to be an album I place on the shelf and only listen to when I'm reminded about it. Sure, it's Lana's most mature work so far but for me UV is still her best. Honeymoon is beautiful and less autobiographical but I feel like it's missing those monotone Lana cliches that I love (you have to admit she is very monotone lol). IDK this album is missing her Lana razzle-dazzle. It's slightly boring compared to the rest of her work but it's definitely a stride in the right direction. Still a very impactful album but certainly not her best. I guess I have to go back to listening to Sirens, UV, and her unreleased   :hooker:

Life imitates art 

Swan Song is simply thrilling. It's amazing, it's enthralling, it's everything I'd look for in a song. I feel incredibly mesmerized whenever I finish listening to it. One of the better songs of the album, surely.

obUZKpb.gif

Swan Song is simply thrilling. It's amazing, it's enthralling, it's everything I'd look for in a song. I feel incredibly mesmerized whenever I finish listening to it. One of the better songs of the album, surely.

Same. At first it was my clear least favourite but now it's really up there

FzytWEW.png

This will maybe more fit the category of personal, non-biased statement, but I really like the sax in Art Deco, it is sexy, sensual, yet eerie and extraterrestrial. Its oriental, evocative melisma and almost antrophomorphic soundscape of the dancing and swirling ghost reminds me of spooky, morose instrumentals of Angelo Badalamenti in Twin Peaks, precisely, this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLTiKC13sfY

It is like TP's exotic, cocktail, poolside, bellydance, steamy, neon and magmatically fervid version. Like the other side of the Moon with sax as a red thread or cobra rising from the basket that connects both worlds.

Also, I have flashes of reminiscence to this Portishead song (except here sax is more jazzy and defined):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Heejpc5GI

tumblr_nbg6blFb0d1trud11o2_250.gif1e5408c919ff19d8ea5d8b3240bf67ed.jpggiphy.gif

I don't think there's anything cute or "legit" in acting like a total jerk just because you meet your icon. Do you really think it's polite or respectful to scream like you're killed and cry like a little child? Meeting your icon and being starstruck is one thing, but this stan-culture is annoying af. Lana actually willed to talk in a casual way but people decided to just cry and scream like little babys.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I don't think there's anything cute or "legit" in acting like a total jerk just because you meet your icon. Do you really think it's polite or respectful to scream like you're killed and cry like a little child? Meeting your icon and being starstruck is one thing, but this stan-culture is annoying af. Lana actually willed to talk in a casual way but people decided to just cry and scream like little babys.

Did a certain thing happen to make you say that? Like, with the crying and so on? Would like a link.

obUZKpb.gif

Did a certain thing happen to make you say that? Like, with the crying and so on? Would like a link.

Just look at all those M&G videos ... instead of enjoying a conversation with your icon, they are all crying and so proud of images of them being vomforted by Lanz ...

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Just look at all those M&G videos ... instead of enjoying a conversation with your icon, they are all crying and so proud of images of them being vomforted by Lanz ...

Oh well, that did in fact happen last time as well. It's cringe, unnecessary and rather silly to do that right in front of your idol. Worst thing is that these people are generally the ones who brag like there's no tomorrow and are a massive nuisance to the whole community. 

obUZKpb.gif

I feel like Honeymoon was a great album for the already existent fanbase who know her sound and enjoy her lyrics, but a bad album for those who have never listened to her before. The record is too coherent and can be labeled as boring if you don't give it a chance. I don't know about you guys, but when I discover new artists they have to spark my interest from the start. To me it was the hardest album to get into, but once I went through it about 5 times in a row it really caught my attention. It's like this geode rock - you have to crack it open to discover the gem that's hidden on the inside. 

Born To Die is still her best album so far though  :blush2:

1olt2g.jpg