9. Freak
10. Art Deco
11. Religion
12. Salvatore
13. The Blackest Day
14. 24

The order I want :3

giphy.gif

OMG Paradixo, American is not only one of my favorites, it has one of the five most important Lana direct meaning quotes in it-

EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO FAST

BUT THEY DON'T COMPARE

I DON'T REALLY WANT THE REST

ONLY YOU CAN TAKE ME THERE

I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING

BUT I'M PRAYING...

:biblio:

I LOVE the verses in GKIT, but the chorus really loses me. "God knows I ..." is SO trite and boring. I really wish there was some variety in the song because it has such good instrumentation and her vocals are amazing.

I love Honeymoon but I'm underwhelmed and I think it's because there's not as many tracks on it as there was on UV... It doesn't feel like a full album to me it kinda just feels as though we got a batch of high quality unreleased song leaks, idk it's hard to explain

RVhKIwP.gif

In my opinion, Yayo it's the most horrible song in the world. It's boring as fuck. I have nothing against her slow songs, I mean, she has some slow songs that are beautiful and I like it, but this song ... It's horrible, I can't listen to it. Makes me wanna die. The only thing I want her to do is delete this song from the existence.

Hi Hunnymoon, interesting sig you have with that girl walking down the corridor.. reminds me of something, not sure,

whats that from?

:)

paradixo-

LOL

but it makes perfect sense

that quote and the one in Ride in the bridge it is as if she is singing my life.

it's hard to explain.

I guess you gotta be there.

I have listened to American in repeat once for 2 hours.

(and the music double entendre references (house, Crystal Meth, Bruce, Elvis (and it could be either Costello or Presley as both fit)

not to mention it isn't but it could be in a corny sort of way about President Obama if one wants to make it about President Obama (and its how I feel about him).

no problem if no one agrees with me, it's my personal opinion.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Here is what will probably be an unpopular opinion-

From the BBC interview/ three songs she just did, there is a quick line in it about how her agreement with the record company gives he time to record often. (YEAH!!!

I 100% want Lana to release a new album every 15 months or sooner, and perhaps a new song uploaded to her personal youtube every single month of the year (maybe every three weeks.

I want music, music, music

and every year a short tour if SHE WANTS to do it.

But I don't care if she doesn't do promo, if she doesn't do American tv shows , USA interviewers ask such stupid questions to start off with.

(and the one from the week before the BBC one, in France I think it was, the guy didn't know she did movie themes. )

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

the girl walking down the corrider reminds me of Robert Downey Jr. mouthing the words in the video to Elton John's I want love.

(Elton was the first person to give Downey a job after his lowest point in rehab).

see youtube for that video.

God Knows I Tried has such a nice production, instrumental and great vocals. But the chorus really makes it worse than it would actualyl be ;/

I often really feel ... connected to the verses, but as soon as the chorus kicks in everything becomes meh.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

God Knows I Tried has such a nice production, instrumental and great vocals. But the chorus really makes it worse than it would actualyl be ;/

I often really feel ... connected to the verses, but as soon as the chorus kicks in everything becomes meh.

But it's actually one of the best song on the album. 

OMG Paradixo, American is not only one of my favorites, it has one of the five most important Lana direct meaning quotes in it-

EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO FAST

BUT THEY DON'T COMPARE

I DON'T REALLY WANT THE REST

ONLY YOU CAN TAKE ME THERE

I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING

BUT I'M PRAYING...

literally one of her worst lyrics/bridges EVER. takes me right out of the song. you don't know what you're saying? that is lazy ass writing.

honeymoon could be perfect if it had more interesting lyrics, tbh. i've grown to love it a lot more but it's missing that. there's little emotional connection, except in songs like the blackest day, TLY, & swan song...

let me be who i'm meant to be

strangeweather-

no I disagree. It means she cannot put into words how she is feeling that, she feels it so much.

It is clever and unique way to write and I put it in the same (oh no he is going to go back to the 60s for a reference here)

with Petula Clark's Charlie Chaplin written "My song"

where Chaplin wrote the phrase in a way that most would have written different

"I care not what the world may say, without you there is no day" 

that wording anyone else would have written, I don't care what anyone may say, but it is so beautiful romantic written "I care not what the world may say"

Lana is saying that in "I don't really know what I'm saying" in saying it such a feeling that words cannot describe. It is poetic. It is beauty itself. It is love. It is timeless love

at least in my opinion.

(note- Petula Clark was always my favorite female singer prior to Lana,and its been 50 years now, though Pet never wrote nor had anything to do with the arrangements or producing of her own records, just singing.)

I love Honeymoon but I'm underwhelmed and I think it's because there's not as many tracks on it as there was on UV... It doesn't feel like a full album to me it kinda just feels as though we got a batch of high quality unreleased song leaks, idk it's hard to explain

I agree, its like most of her actual unreleased songs are better than the one's she put on the album :eek: