Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

High By The Beach is a basic ass song with a basic beat. Its like Lana has lost her sound and writing skills. The beat sounds like something a teen would make for fun. I don't understand how people can compare this song to anything from Born To Die

High By The Beach sounds like a cheap imitation of a hip hop beat 

Agreed. High By The Beach gets skipped, and skipped, and skipped... When I first heard it I was like  :smokes2:,but it quickly went all  :smokes3:. Even though it appeals more to the masses in its simplicity, it's the most boring track on the entire album. It's a song a pissed off fourteen year old girl would send to her cheating boyfriend in a passive aggressive way. 

1olt2g.jpg

after hearing Sam Smith's just released last night Bond song, well, 24 hours or Big Eyes would have been more Bond

Sam's song is interesting, however, it is like a copy of Elton John's masterpiece "Tonight" (if only had he hit that last note in the very end that he fumbled).

Sam will have a #1 song though, the way the industry is.

Just think, a piano player and singer, makes me wonder why they never asked Elton to sing a Bond song. (Maybe it was a record label thing, and Elton wouldn't have been allowed to record it).

then again, I would rather Lana play Bond Jamie Bond in the next James Bond.

If I were the Bond people, I would have gone for a duet of both of them. Being that Sam is so Lana to begin with

(Remember when he went on SNL stood still next to a piano and did exactly what Lana did on SNL yet the critics loved him and hater her???

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

I used to think that Ultraviolence was a sleep inducing album

but Honeymoon tops it

Honeymoon is a musical sedative

lanaboards in 2016 tbh:

I used to think that Honeymoon was a sleep inducing album

but Divorce tops it

Divorce is a musical sedative

fullsizeoutput-3494.png

In my opinion, Yayo it's the most horrible song in the world. It's boring as fuck. I have nothing against her slow songs, I mean, she has some slow songs that are beautiful and I like it, but this song ... It's horrible, I can't listen to it. Makes me wanna die. The only thing I want her to do is delete this song from the existence.

tumblr_m5ui30G0B61r1peixo1_500.gif

OMG Paradixo, American is not only one of my favorites, it has one of the five most important Lana direct meaning quotes in it-

EVERYBODY WANTS TO GO FAST

BUT THEY DON'T COMPARE

I DON'T REALLY WANT THE REST

ONLY YOU CAN TAKE ME THERE

I DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT I'M SAYING

BUT I'M PRAYING...

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

Apparently this is an unpopular opinon, but I love American, it's one of the more encapsulating songs of Paradise. It, Blue Velvet, and Bel Air give it the heavenly quality.

YAS I FEEL THE SAME. Paradise is such a perfect album every songs is lovely in its own way

maybe except for Yayo and Burning Desire

HM not makes me crazy, I'm beginning to think that there isn't more the young Lana (of BTD era). Everyone denigrate BTD, and I really can't understand the reason. UV is a good album, but I think that someone is starting to overrate it. (I am not saying that UV is overrated.)

The only complaint I have with Honeymoon is how she stuck all the longest tracks (except Honeymoon) at the end of the track list. Given that the album is meant to be listened to in order (and I'm more of a shuffle person, but some songs sound bad on shuffle - like Art Deco), having to go through +26min just to end with DLMBM (that I love - but is just a short slow cover song) feels anticlimactic to me, so I'm just like "let me skip" amazing songs like Religion, The Blackest Day, 24 and Swan Song (I haven't listened to Swan Song properly because of this - also I would never skip Salvatore so that's why it's not on the list :hooker: ). It's not that I could rearrange the track list because I think it's perfect as it is and this is the way it was meant to be, but yeah. :poordat:

Also

Burnt Norton (Interlude) >>>> Born to Die (song)

the tracklist to born to die makes no sense and i hate it.......but i can't bring myself to change it cause even me, a BTD hater, can agree it is quite an iconic album for lana