Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

No, I think you're correct. The don't worry baby bit is called the Middle 8? Or is that another word for bridge? Am I getting confused too? :P

I think that's another word for bridge. Because the part which is in this case don't worry baby is usually referred to as the bridge. But then again I've never heard of Middle 8 and I've never been good at music theory

I really like love but it feels safe and almost watered down (almost like some songs on btd) I hope the rest of the album isn't like this because if it is this will be the first album from Lana that I won't enjoy all they way. I do think it's a good one off track though. I watched theneedledrop's video were he mentioned the track and I kind of agree with what he said about the production.

I really like love but it feels safe and almost watered down (almost like some songs on btd) I hope the rest of the album isn't like this because if it is this will be the first album from Lana that I won't enjoy all they way. I do think it's a good one off track though. I watched theneedledrop's video were he mentioned the track and I kind of agree with what he said about the production.

I agree with you, although it's a lovely (pun most shamelessly intended ;) ) song it is 'safe'. However this is the single therefore it is made to appeal to the widest audience. I think the rest of the album will be much more abstract and Lana esque. A bit like HBTB, I really liked it but to me it felt a bit safe, but if you compare it to the slow jazy sounds of the album, you can see why it was chosen as the main single for commercial appeal.

Honeymoon is my favorite album.. it sounds so mature and I can relate to it so much.. like to me it seems like a big growing point for her. And I also love that it almost has this like Italian vacation feel- especially in Salvatore (duh) and Terrence loves you. It's just such a beautiful and poetic album.  

I was expecting more on love, the only time I really loved a lead single was in the UV era but I was desperate for a new song

the best tracks aren't released as singles (my English got a negative score here I'm so sorry)

• money power glory, Salvatore, the blackest day, this is what makes us girls, lucky ones (......there's more.....) are here to prove it

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

love is a really good song, but im hoping that the rest of the upcoming album doesnt sound too similar to it, or similar to any of her past albums

if its gonna be born to die / paradise 2.0 like most people are saying then i dont know how i feel about that since btd has my least favorite production of any lana album... it was way too overly produced, 90% of the songs were repetitive, and there were random yelling noises throughout the whole album. if thats what some people consider "lana becoming more mature" then...  :biblio:

but its not like im gonna unstan her or anything. not every song is gonna be a hit for every person

pNjWdpc.png

Salvatore is a terribly boring song. Her italian accent is terrible and the song in general is just too cheesy plus I can't get over the fact that she fuking sings "calciatore" (football player) at one point :facepalm: worse than dark blueee

giphy.gif

Ride > West Coast = Love > High By The Beach > Video Games  :w8ing:

Salvatore is a terribly boring song. Her italian accent is terrible and the song in general is just too cheesy plus I can't get over the fact that she fuking sings "calciatore" (football player) at one point :facepalm: worse than dark blueee

True. The chorus is literally ladadadada + [insert random Italian word]. The only good part is the bridge.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

Out of lead singles, for me it's

West Coast > Ride = HBTB > Love > Video Games

Am I the only person that likes Summertime Sadness and BTD more than video games? VG honestly didn't do that much to me, but the SS and BTD videos OMG

If I'm just talking about videos for lead singles

Love > Ride > Video Games > WC > HBTB

Lana's voice at its most exciting & beautiful in all of Honeymoon & you guys hate on the lyrics. Lucky Ones teas.  :crossed:

Salvatore is beautiful! Picturesque! It has the best bridge on Honeymoon & one of the best choruses too. щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

She could ladadadada and hum and moan all day & I'm sold. I guess you guys hate her voice ( ̄(エ) ̄) 

:candy:

i love cheesy lana  :deadbanana:

it's such a romantic song!! where are the romance loons :defeated:

14417469274.gif

Out of lead singles, for me it's

West Coast > Ride = HBTB > Love > Video Games

Am I the only person that likes Summertime Sadness and BTD more than video games? VG honestly didn't do that much to me, but the SS and BTD videos OMG

No, me too. I actually like most of her songs more than Video Games. It's still great, though.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

HER ACCENT IS TERRIBLE HORRIBLE AWFUL she should have some italian lessons before singing the damn song

Lana's voice at its most exciting & beautiful in all of Honeymoon & you guys hate on the lyrics. Lucky Ones teas.  :crossed:

Salvatore is beautiful! Picturesque! It has the best bridge on Honeymoon & one of the best choruses too. щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

She could ladadadada and hum and moan all day & I'm sold. I guess you guys hate her voice ( ̄(エ) ̄) 

:candy:

i love cheesy lana  :deadbanana:

it's such a romantic song!! where are the romance loons :defeated:

the bridge is the best part of salvatore

i won a underrated member lipster award im dog im nice don't come for me or i will eat u

Freak is my favourite track from HM and yeah I know the lyrics are sub par. The instrumental and her vocals are the only reasons why I love it so much.

If was worked on properly lyrics wise it would've been such an awesome track. The first verse though is amazing....

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

Freak is my favourite track from HM and yeah I know the lyrics are sub par. The instrumental and her vocals are the only reasons why I love it so much.

If was worked on properly lyrics wise it would've been such an awesome track. The first verse though is amazing....

Exactly! Nail on the head.

tumblr_n9t9baKLaK1sj5r1lo1_500.gif

I feel like Honeymoon (the title track) is really emotional, but in a very subtle way. I know and get how people can dismiss it as monotonous, and it's certainly not as immediately striking as, say, Off To The Races or West Coast, but it has its own pull. To me, when I listen to it, there's a lot of things going on at once: sadness, hopefulness, desire, romance, and a little bit of resignation, all mixed in with some dark undercurrents (especially coming from those cinematic strings). 

But that's just me.