Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

did you just leave the whole video and called it senseless and pointed to the most random senseless part of it AKA bambi?

Ye, of course! Bambi was the only glimpse of something unexpected and original over the whole trailer... Which of all the beach related, California vibed, Lana-fooling-with-her-friends scenes had not been seen along her career already?

Cinnamon Girl sounds stale af already. It might be one of her most overrated songs, and it hasn't even been released in full yet.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Cinnamon Girl sounds stale af already. It might be one of her most overrated songs, and it hasn't even been released in full yet.

smh

giphy.gif

smh

White Mustang teas

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

not unpopular at all but ugh I agree. the typography is just fucking terrible I don’t know what they were thinking

all my wounds are due to love, to love, love, love

Cherry is her worst released song, and just one of her worst in general. It's just as laughably bad as tracks like Scarface and I was in a bad way. 

cherry slander is not tolerated

giphy.gif

It is something straight out of the bowels of hell. No wonder Ben demanded a second cover shot. Lana may be a great singer and songwriter but she's shit when it comes image and album art. 

it's actually great? like it's kitsch as fuck and so messy that idk I love it 

Honeymoon is her weakest output, with lazy, repetitive lyricism and vocals. The second half especially just seems so uninspired. I think if you cut out half the tracks, it would have been a solid EP with:

Burnt norton (intro )

Honeymoon

High by the beach

Music to watch boys to

Terrence loves you (best song on the record and I will die on this hill)

God knows I tried

Swan song

I don’t know, Honeymoon has the same problems with cohesiveness as LFL (which certainly has its own garbage tracks), but to me all of LFL at least comes off as being born out of genuine inspiration. This is all just personal opinion tho ❤

Even if Honeymoon is my favourite album by Lana -and one of my favourite albums from any artist-, I think I kind of understand the way you feel about it. I felt the same way -or a similar one- about it when I first listened it by 2015. But, luckily, I gave it another chance last year and fell crazily in love with it. I learned to see it not as a repetitive project, but as some kind of artistic -and musical, specifically- microclima, a very big, ambicious and quite hermetic atmosphere where all of the songs belong to a certain aesthetic (her languid, overexposed and tragically romantic view of the world -taken in the album to it's maximum expression, what makes it quite oppressive sometimes-), but all of the songs still achieve to not be fillers, but a necessary step on the path that the album came to be for me. Even HBTB and Freak ended up fitting in it, when I couldn't stand any of them at first listens. I have learned to listen to the album as I was attending to some kind of interior movie where some of the songs are inflection points (mostly the ones you've chosen as the ones you think should be on the album, and I'd add The Blackest Day, Religion and Salvatore) and the other ones just help the narrative to develop itself. If it may help you, listening to the instrumental allowed me to have a wider perspective on the album itself and to understand it as a deeper, broader opus than I thought it was on first instances.