National Anthem

Favourite Lana Songs

Yayo, Mermaid Motel, Raise Me Up, Queen Of The Gas Station, Elvis, Pin Up Galore, Driving In Cars With Boys, West Coast, Ride, Cola, Bel Air, Million Dollar Man, You Can Be The Boss, National Anthem, Fordham Road, Daytona Math, Noir

Hmmm.

Unreleased:

I really love Serial Killer because, it's easy to play on guitar and a great metaphor. I mean I doubt that she was actually a serial killer it's obviously a metaphor for something along the lines of being obsessed with someone which is evident in a lot of her songs.

Prom Song Gone Wrong, Gogo Dancer, Never Let Me Go, Driving In Cars With Boys (demo version) some of my other favorite unreleased tracks from her.

Born to Die:

My favorite on her debut album as Lana Del Rey has to be Lolita. It's a great jam to shake your booty to and it got me through a lot of dirty dishes when it was time to clean house. I really love the idea of the song as well. It's dangerous and obviously we all know what a Lolita is and that she's referencing the book she was so in love with. Which makes in even more awesome.

Dark Paradise, and Blue Jeans make my top three but, I love the whole record.

Paradise:

I'm obsessed with Body Electric and if you are too maybe you did the same thing I did and googled the meaning of the term.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Sing_the_Body_Electric (if you're curious) it's yet another reference to a fantastic writting piece.

I also love the references she makes in this song. Elvis, Marylin, Witman (the writter of the poems), Monaco (a lux place) it's just so beautifully written.

American, and Gods and Monsters make my top three but, the whole thing is fantastic as well.

Ultraviolence:

So far my favorite is Ultraviolence but, I've only heard the live version. It's dark like she promised. Shades of Cool is also amazing but, I'm not in love with West Coast although I do like it. I think I overplayed it and it will come back to me when Ultraviolence comes out.

243qd5f.jpg

Unreleased: Get Drunk, Hollywood, Velver Crowbar, Noir, Angels Forever, Disco

AKA: Kill Kill, Raise Me Up, Gramma

BTD: Carmen, Blue Jeans

Paradise: Body Electric, Gods and Monsters

Ultraviolence: Ultraviolence, West Coast

Covers: Goodbye Kiss, Chelsea Hotel No. 2

Damn you, Noir, Angels Forever, Queen Of The Gas Station, Summertime Sadness, Yayo, Blue Velvet, Florida Kilos, Money Power Glory, Dark Paradise, Radio

tumblr_inline_mpffqy8PP21ruk3rs.gif

Daytona Meth

Daytona Meth completely pile-drived Hundred Dollar Bill out of the way for my #1 favorite when it leaked. 

I have seriously never heard such an amazing song in terms of lyrics, melody, hypnotic vocals... and the fact that it's a gritty laptop demo makes it even more appealing, tbh. The way that buzzing noise starts the song off, that godly drum beat.. The way she goes "ooh ooh ooh" and just  :crai:  and then the LYRICS. 

It's like a Hollywood movie

The black & white waves sparkling truly

My man likes to watch me while I watch TV

While he's t-t-touchin' me

I was immediately in love. I still am. For me, her music doesn't get any better than this. I don't think she will ever top this song and that's perfectly ok. 

The way her voice layers and soars when she says "we're forever young in paradise" literally gave me goosebumps the first time I heard it. 

Baby, you know mama never had much money

But I plan on using this face to pay, honey

Gimme gimme gimme gimme, you're so funny

Love you 'til I die

:crai:  :crai:  :crai:  :crai:  :crai:  :crai:  :crai:  :crai:  :crai:  :crai:  :crai:

14417469274.gif