National Anthem

Favourite Lana Songs

Hawaiian Tropic, dark and a bottle of Jack

In the Cadillac as I drive down the highway

You aren't coming back and I know that now

So I let the wind hit me in my face

:bop:  :dance:

Oh, this is too hard ... It would be a toss up between Born To Die, Yayo, Bel Air, Young And Beautiful, Old Money, Oh Say Can You See, National Anthem ... ;) It changes from day to day, based on my mood.  I relate to her sad songs the most, because she seems to question the same things I question -- but I do admit a special place in my heart to "Paris" which I think must be her ONE truly happy song. 

If I had to pick JUST ONE it would probably be Born To Die. 

Oh my god I finally found the full version of Television Heaven and its destroying me completely. :cumming2:  :cumming: The chorus is probably my favorite of Lana's ever - I love the lyrics and the production and how its different form the versus and ugh. I'll have this one on repeat for days.  :smile:

Why does Lana always happen when I'm trying to explore other artists.  :creep: But damn if finds like this aren't the reason I love her so much. 

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

Guest Dot

Oh my god I finally found the full version of Television Heaven and its destroying me completely. :cumming2: :cumming: The chorus is probably my favorite of Lana's ever - I love the lyrics and the production and how its different form the versus and ugh. I'll have this one on repeat for days. :smile:

Why does Lana always happen when I'm trying to explore other artists. :creep: But damn if finds like this aren't the reason I love her so much.

Oh! I adore Television Heaven! You should listen to "Coca Cola" tbh. It's an a capella concept demo of TH and it's magical! One of her best acapellas imo.

SIRENS: For K (Drive By), A Star For Nick and Out With A Bang

AKA LIZZY GRANT: Yayo, Put Me In A Movie, Pawn Shop Blues and Oh Say Can You See

BORN TO DIE: Dark Paradise, Summertime Sadness, Radio and Blue Jeans

PARADISE: Bel Air, American, Body Electric and Gods & Monsters

ULTRAVIOLENCE: Pretty When You Cry, Sad Girl, Cruel World, Shades Of Cool, Flipside & Old Money

Mfhp.gif

Florida Kilos has been special for me from the instant I heard it. As someone who is still struggling with addictions this song brought me to tears. Nowadays the media places so much glamour on drugs and alcohol as the staple pieces of immature teenagers, that few if any songs deal with anything deeper than "I'm doing lines, I'm banging chicks, I don't give a fuck". Florida Kilos is special.

Mermaid Hotel is also one of my favourite. The beat is just hypnotic.

Actually I can not decide ... I like his songs too (since when is "Lana Del Rey"), a little 'less than before as Lizzy Grant. Perhaps my personal favorite of all is Born To Die ... when listening to the evening, with the lights off and the headphones I get emotional. : '( :defeated:

The BTD really do not know to choose ... I can only say what I like "a little 'less', ie Milion Dollar Man. Anyway I think it is spectacular album.
I try to be more selective, otherwise it makes no sense to this thread. :defeated: 
PARADISE: Blue Velvet, Ride.
UV: Florida Kilos, Shades of Cool, West Coast, Old Money, Black Beauty
SIRENS: For K (pt. 1), Next To Me
AKA LIZZY GRANT: Kill Kill, Jump (although I prefer the version of the EP "No Kung Fu"), Little Girls / Put Me in a Movie, Yayo

P.S. I love Young & Beautiful

:)

My absolute favorites are Yayo aka version and Cruel World. Beyond those other favorites are -

Gods and Monsters

A Star for Nick

Blue Jeans

Break My Fall

Burning Desire

Ultraviolence

Chelsea Hotel No. 2

West Coast

Out With A Bang

Hollywood

i like my candy and your heroin

BTD era: Video Games, Off to the Races, Carmen, Dark Paradise, National Anthem, Summertime Sadness, 

Paradise era: Ride, American, Cola, Blue Velvet, Gods & Monsters, Burning Desire.

Ultraviolence era: West Coast, Brooklyn Baby, Cruel World, Money Power Glory, FMWUTT, The Other Woman, Black Beauty, Florida Kilos, Is this Happiness?, Flipside

misc: Young and Beautiful, Once Upon A Dream, Motel 6, The End of the World, She's Not Me, This is What Makes Us Girls (demo one), Summer Wine, Chelsea Hotel No.6. Video Games (Club clique for the bad girls remix) ....

but yeah this changes all the time. the only definitive no ways for me are "Lucky Ones", "Yayo" & "Pretty When You Cry" 

Off BTD, Million dollar man. It was unlike anything else on that album and I loved the jazzy bluesy feel. It felt relatable in some ways. If it weren't for this song, I might never have made it to the end of the album.

From her unreleased, I love go go dancer, the song with most plays in my collection. TV in black and white is new to me, but it's so heartbreaking to listen to. Beautiful song.

Drive By is my favorite sirens era song. The desperation in that final question, did you want to die? This song convinced me K was a person, not some concept. Real or imagined, he's a striking character. Her voice is lovely here, before she started lowering it and darkening her tone. Listen to that vibrato!

Yayo is probably my favorite off LDR, though mermaid motel and jump deserve special mentions. That part where she goes "it only take two hours to Nevada, I wear your sparkle, you call me your mama." Beautiful melody, especially the reprise at the end where she sings it an octave lower. The paradise version lost the magic.

It changes every day, but from BTD my favs are OTTR, MDM, TIWMUG, & Lucky Ones (underrated as hell)

From Paradise: Cola, Yayo (I like the paradise version more than the AKA version yes you can burn me at the stake for my sins) and Bel Air

From UV: SoC, BrBa, MPG, OM, TOW, G&R, ITH, Flipside (one of the best album closers of the decade)

smile.gif

I love Blue Jeans, Off to the Races, Diet Mountain Dew, Radio, Lolita, Dark Paradise, West Coast, Brooklyn Baby, Fucked My Way to the Top.

I need to listen to the Lana Del Ray album. I was trying to find a place to buy the physical copy the other day but came up with nothing.

149o3h3.jpg