Hundred Dollar Bill

Lana Del Rey and Barrie James O'Neill Duet: "SUMMER WINE"

Cheesy as it is, omg i'm in love again. I was beginning to get bored ( OF LANA! ) cause there wasnt much going on except her tour, so i was straying a little. 

She looks so cute and beautiful<3

Thank the lord.

Aw i saw it this morning when i woke up. It made my day<3 Best wake up song EVER.

lH7Zs6V.gif      

Does anyone know what is the song playing at the end of this video?

Don’t know which song it is but it’s Billie Holiday. 

I'd bet cake on it.

I like this trend of evilentity betting cake.

I have to say again, i am really very happy with this recording and i hope this is, at least in part, an indication of things to come for the new album (hello "western," "west coast" and "stripped down"). Nothing about this feels like someone else’s attempt to make her “relevant” to today’s charts. There’s a subtlety and nuance to this production that most of BTD and some of Paradise is lacking; no turning everything up loud in your face going on here. For example, i am very pleasantly surprised by and pleased with how the acoustic guitar is recorded and mixed, it’s there more for color and texture rather than as a “spotlight” instrument--you feel it more than hear it. If you have good speakers or headphones listen for the sub-bass organ note that comes in at 3:19 when Barrie sings “Oh, summer wine.” It sounds amazing. That shit fills the entire room if you’re listening on speakers, and it rattles your skull if listening on headphones. I love it. I like that throughout the whole song there’s just a kick drum and snare, and that the beat just coasts along without trying to carry the backing track on its own. And how good is the drum sound? How about that marimba? And the James Bond horns sound great. Her backing vocals are excellent and so expressive, she really nailed them. Everything seems to be working together as one, to serve the whole of the song/production, rather than the song showcasing any one thing. I am geeking out pretty hard on this one, you guys.  :blanche2:  

But someone answer me this: why do people (and so many at that) take music videos and upload them to their channel? There are like 25 channels already that have uploaded the video or just the audio. What the hell do people do this for? 

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

But someone answer me this: why do people (and so many at that) take music videos and upload them to their channel? There are like 25 channels already that have uploaded the video or just the audio. What the hell do people do this for? 

One word: views.

I'm not exactly sure why, but lately I've got the impression that Lana is very confident, inspired, "at peace" and that she feels free to do what she really wants with her music and her career. What I like most about this song/video is that it really adds to that impression.  

So is Summer Wine what Nancy's pussy tasted like? I say tasted, I imagine the flavour has matured and though no longer sweet is still considered a great vintage.

This annoys the crap out of me too, it's taking views away from the original upload.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

btw, the song playing at the end is good morning heartache by billie holiday

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

So, what are the reasons a singer would just stick a studio recorded cover and video on the interwebs with no chance of profit? Just fun? To test the water and maybe use it if the response is good? Could it have been a contender for the new album but didn't make the final cut?

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

So, what are the reasons a singer would just stick a studio recorded cover and video on the interwebs with no chance of profit? Just fun? To test the water and maybe use it if the response is good? Could it have been a contender for the new album but didn't make the final cut?

she's been doing that for ages, she just likes making music and music videos

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Lol any Lana fan would know that, but when it's a studio recording i.e. cost money/studio time/took up the time of an important producer to create I have to wonder if it had another purpose.

all of her song were recorded in a studio? loads of artists release mixtapes, eps and albums for free that were also recorded in a studio and probably involved more personnel than here with lana. all of the unreleased songs we have she didn't make any money with but were also recorded with producers (sometimes important)

Lol any Lana fan would know that, but when it's a studio recording i.e. cost money/studio time/took up the time of an important producer to create I have to wonder if it had another purpose.

Why does there need to be a specific purpose for this? Lana and Nowels have been collaborating for a long time now. They record in his own studio, with his equipment, so there isn't much money and rented studio time involved. Judging by their numerous fruitful outcomes, their relationship has exceeded the producer-produces-song-for-singer relationship. They obviously have a lot in common as artistic minds, so why would pursuing that mutual creative drive be motivated by money or other commercial backgrounds?