Trinity

Misheard Lana Lyrics

"I can't make a meadow" Is what I thought it said in shades of cool for SO long, but she says "Can't make him better"

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

8 minutes ago, Embach said:

Live stream because her label posted the lyrics under the VB music video!

And you're not dumb, I think this lyric line was a mystery for a while!

6 minutes ago, Cult Leader Under Ocean Blvd said:

Thank youuuuuuuuu :heart: I've been questioning this for years

Now why did I not check under the videoo, this is a mystery for the scooby gang!

The lyrics under the music video are copied from Genius or a different website, they are not correct. Lana has confirmed it's "signing off" and under the video it says "soundin' off".

1 minute ago, 111 said:

some fans still thinking she sings cacciatore instead of calciatore on salvatore

Hmm, interesting

Then why tf she's singing about a football player :um2: 

2 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

The lyrics under the music video are copied from Genius or a different website, they are not correct. Lana has confirmed it's "signing off" and under the video it says "soundin' off".

Hmm mkay, it's kinda sad that she stopped putting full lyrics for each song in albums after Paradise :(

url%5D

Also in Kill Kill she says "Don't trust anyone"

But I thought she always said 'Don't sell drugs to anyone" Don't ask why

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

Yeats ago I thought that in Radio she was singing "pick me up and take me like a vitamin" but then I found out that it was actually "lick me up and take me like a vitamin" :creep:

url%5D

9 minutes ago, Embach said:

Hmm mkay, it's kinda sad that she stopped putting full lyrics for each song in albums after Paradise :(

yeah, I miss that cause sometimes I really can't tell what she's saying :crai:

13 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

aaaaaa PAIN :sadcore6:

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

12 minutes ago, 111 said:

rich football players in limousines in italy? 

to me cacciatore makes more sense because it means ‘hunter’, so it fits in with the glamorous tone of this song – a man with a hunter-like disposition/appearance that she’s dying by the hands of. also salvatore means ‘savior’ which creates an interesting juxtaposition to this man. hunter & limousines vs savior & soft ice cream (rich & alluring vs romantic & sweet). 

i don’t think football has anything to do with this song especially if it’s about francesco.

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

2 minutes ago, lili said:

I think she's going for the sounds of the words more than anything when it comes to "cacciatore" and "salvatore". 

oh she definitely just found random pretty italian words to rhyme, but i like to over analyze :bop:

29 minutes ago, 111 said:

rich football players in limousines in italy? 

maybe. when i'm thinking about it now, then wasn't francesco also a football stan? didn't they watch a random football match from a tv in an italian restaurant and when someone scored francesco's face was like shook

edit: yes they did, but i'm too lazy to get links for pics so i just leave lanawiki links of the photos here

https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/2014/July?file=Out_for_dinner_with_friends_in_Portofino2C_Italy_28July_129_288629.jpg

url%5D

4 hours ago, cherrytropico said:

to me cacciatore makes more sense because it means ‘hunter’, so it fits in with the glamorous tone of this song – a man with a hunter-like disposition/appearance that she’s dying by the hands of. also salvatore means ‘savior’ which creates an interesting juxtaposition to this man. hunter & limousines vs savior & soft ice cream (rich & alluring vs romantic & sweet). 

i don’t think football has anything to do with this song especially if it’s about francesco.

4 hours ago, lili said:

I think she's going for the sounds of the words more than anything when it comes to "cacciatore" and "salvatore". 

4 hours ago, Embach said:

maybe. when i'm thinking about it now, then wasn't francesco also a football stan? didn't they watch a random football match from a tv in an italian restaurant and when someone scored francesco's face was like shook

edit: yes they did, but i'm too lazy to get links for pics so i just leave lanawiki links of the photos here

https://lanadelrey.fandom.com/wiki/2014/July?file=Out_for_dinner_with_friends_in_Portofino2C_Italy_28July_129_288629.jpg

3 hours ago, x VB said:

Trust me, they don't go around in limousines

1. she confirmed to me in DMs that she says calciatore in 2016

2. she kicks an imaginary ball during this live performance as she says calciatore, it's literally the thumbnail

this is not one up for debate i'm afraid :bebe: i just brought it up cause it's still cacciatore on genius even though i got it changed years ago and provided proof, but someone must have changed it again at some point and now i'd have to contact a staff member and go through that process again... give it up 111 

1 minute ago, 111 said:

2. she kicks an imaginary ball during this live performance as she says calciatore, it's literally the thumbnail

this is not one up for debate i'm afraid :bebe: i just brought it up cause it's still cacciatore on genius even though i got it changed years ago and provided proof, but someone must have changed it again at some point and now i'd have to contact a staff member and go through that process again... give it up 111 

Great proof tho :oic3:

url%5D

me not caring about any of the proof @111 provides and sticking to my own lyrics of lana’s songs :hair:

2 hours ago, 111 said:

No I get it, I hear it too. I was just saying that calciatori usually drive big sport cars in Italy, never seen them in limousines. I wonder if she saw one or just created a scenario.

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy

2 hours ago, 111 said:

That kick is sending me :eartha: The way she looks so bored five seconds before, then scores, and then walks away super nonchalantly as if nothing happened :hide:

I'm super disappointed it's really calciatore, but honestly, the chorus of Salvatore doesn't make much sense to me anyway. Footballer, limousine, bye love, soft ice cream... Ok? :stareney2:

I’m playing through her catalog today to jog my memory on misheard lyrics and I’m noticing that Amazon Music has some typos and straight up mistakes?

They mixed up “know” and “now” in Radio.

”boy get into my car” is listed as “bugging into my car” in Lucky Ones. There are probably other errors too, seems like lyrics aren’t always 100% right across the board with some of these sites.

My misheard lyrics:

In Beautiful People Beautiful Problems I heard “long live Iran” instead of “long love our reign,” but I knew that didn’t make any sense whatsoever.

”set on fire by fiends” in Cherry, I heard “thieves” instead of fiends, but there’s not a big difference there. 
In Did You Know… I heard “Is the camera real” instead of “It's like Camarillo.” 
In Terrence Loves You I heard “another day changes,” instead of “I’ll never dare change thee.”

In Cola, I heard “we made out to the other side” in reference to your wife. I thought she was “making out” with the wife, to the other side of a record. :ohmy:

There’s probably more, but that’s enough for now :um2:

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879