DUKE

delete

I think part of her success is not letting us fully know. But I'm sure she's well aware of who she is herself... she seems happy, at least now a days. 

She is always happy :hooker:

The Ride video personally gave me a lot of insight. Most of her actions so far seem to be driven by equal parts of mental vulnerability (depression, addiction), love, and ambition.

I honestly completely agree with you and couldn't have said it better. Speak da truth.

god knows I tried

why you say she is been through so much?? Like what for example??

alcholism, drugs, being heartbroken a lot, probably family problems from where she was alcohol dependent (and also the song 'my momma' if it is true), living in a trailer park. she's experienced more than a lot of people ever will in their life.

4r9w86.jpg

Really interesting thread! I've been thinking about this for ages now but actually didn't come to any satisfying conclusions. Though I'll give it a try. (Don't hate me if I'm wrong. I don't know if I'm good at that kind of things...)
I can only confirm your theories about her beeing really sensitive and warmhearted.

I kinda think that she's also a little perfectionist, even if she doesn't show it all the time. Her videos (especially those from her Lizzy Grant days) might look a little messy and randomly put together but in my opinion this is exactly what it was intended to look like - it all was planned, every little piece of it. And I actually think that she's trying to make that with her whole life. She's trying to achieve perfection with beeing seemingly imperfect (Does this make any sense?). She doesn't want to be completely slick because that might be uninteresting or just isn't her intention.

Now the big question is if this is her real personality or if she's just a great actor. I myself think that it's both. She obviously wants others to see her that way and so she has to behave in a special way. So I'm not saying that everything she does is acting - no way! - but don't we all do things just because we want to be perceived in a particular way? :hooker: 
I think that's also a main motive for her name and style changes. She wasn't (maybe still isn't?) absolutely sure how she wanted to be seen by others or who she actually was/is, so she tried different idk how to call it...maybe "personalities" (I always think of "chamaeleon soul" & "no fixed personality" when it comes to this).

I don't know if you get what I'm trying to say and it could be complete nonsense but this often comes into my mind when I see her.

I have some more quite weird thought about this subject but I don't want to overstrain you with my strange would-be psychologist's blabla.

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

Really interesting thread! I've been thinking about this for ages now but actually didn't come to any satisfying conclusions. Though I'll give it a try. (Don't hate me if I'm wrong. I don't know if I'm good at that kind of things...)

I can only confirm your theories about her beeing really sensitive and warmhearted.

I kinda think that she's also a little perfectionist, even if she doesn't show it all the time. Her videos (especially those from her Lizzy Grant days) might look a little messy and randomly put together but in my opinion this is exactly what it was intended to look like - it all was planned, every little piece of it. And I actually think that she's trying to make that with her whole life. She's trying to achieve perfection with beeing seemingly imperfect (Does this make any sense?). She doesn't want to be completely slick because that might be uninteresting or just isn't her intention.

Now the big question is if this is her real personality or if she's just a great actor. I myself think that it's both. She obviously wants others to see her that way and so she has to behave in a special way. So I'm not saying that everything she does is acting - no way! - but don't we all do things just because we want to be perceived in a particular way? :hooker: 

I think that's also a main motive for her name and style changes. She wasn't (maybe still isn't?) absolutely sure how she wanted to be seen by others or who she actually was/is, so she tried different idk how to call it...maybe "personalities" (I always think of "chamaeleon soul" & "no fixed personality" when it comes to this).

I don't know if you get what I'm trying to say and it could be complete nonsense but this often comes into my mind when I see her.

I have some more quite weird thought about this subject but I don't want to overstrain you with my strange would-be psychologist's blabla.

But would-be psychologist's blabla is one of my favorite hobbies! :D

You're making perfect sense. I think managing one's persona can be an example of "above-the-line diplomacy." Sometimes there's a fine line between manipulation and legitimate influence... but I think there is a line there.

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I just think you guys try too much ;/ She is just a person, she writes about what she wants and we don't need to over analyze everything she does. She changed her style several times, and what? It would be so boring if she continued to do only AKA stuff. I hope she continues to evolve.

I agree, I don't really understand this thread :( I mean we all know that she is Lizzy Grant and Lana Del Rey is just a stage name. Need we know more? She's just a person!

to me, lizzy is somebody who has had a lot of difficulties in her life and as somebody else said, because she went to boarding school at a young age, she is still probably always seeking a home and security. lizzy knows what it's like to not have security, and to lose people in her life and she knows that nothing lasts forever. i think she's a vulnerable, but a very sweet lady who wouldn't want people to suffer the same way she has. i think she goes through phases and different looks because she has always been lacking something in her life and because of the way she dealt with alcohol dependance, she probably creates stage personas to make up for that loss. i totally get it, it's nice to reinvent yourself sometimes and try something new, it helps to deal with all the problems you have. i love the fact that she's so mysterious and not always in the news, that really pleases me. she comes across as a very genuine and kindhearted person. lizzy is such an inspiration to me and i really hope i can see her next month. i've gone off tangent, but she's been through so much, is it any wonder she is always searching?

Great way to sum it up. This really ties together all of her personas. I think that she's found what she's been missing for so long in support from her fans. She seems so happy now on tour and everything 

tumblr_mg7j6rudk51qmosg3o1_500.gif

also, if any of you are into jungian typology, i'm fairly certain that she's an INFP

Close, but she's a textbook ISFP. :)

tumblr_n0offys8zL1rhl4f0o1_400.gif
you're so art froggo, out on the pond…

Lana talks about visions a lot, so my idea is that she just had this vision of herself, of what she wanted to be, how she wanted to look like and creating an image of Lana Del Rey is exactly that, making that vision a reality. It is just like an evolution, and I don't think that Lana can be separated from Lizzy, because as I see it, we are what we want to be, the vision is a part of us. Like, I constantly have certain visions of myself, of how I want my life to look like and how I want other people to perceive me, it's like work in progress. I hope that what I've written just now is at least somewhat comprehensible, sometimes I have trouble expressing my thoughts :facepalm:

Concerning other traits of her personality, I think she's really shy and I can understand her. For example she doesn't talk much when she performs, or doesn't know what to say at all and just gets confused. I also think she truly cares about people and is really kind, just watching her meeting fans, she signs everything...I don't know if this is a logical statement, but as a pisces (a.k.a. the most fucked up sign out there :D ) I can usually tell things about people and see behind their actions. Like, I was front row in Riga and I could see that she's really genuine when connecting with her fans and truly appreciates the support. Also, she just has this light energy about her that will just make you smile.

Also talking about her past, I think she's being protective about it, because she is a private person and that's what's hard for her about having this certain fame and recognition. People want to know and figure it out, and I feel like she doesn't want to expose certain things, exactly because of being a private person. It's like, she writes those lyrics , in that way talking about her past life experiences, but it's not exactly direct, so she still leaves things to herself. And that is why there is this 'mystery' concerning her past.

I've always seen Lana/Lizzy/etc more than what media training has done to her, you can see how much of a genuine person she is when she meets fans/plays her shows but in interviews its all business, I love the fact shes open to certain things from her past. I'll always see Lana (and anyone for that matter) as a Human being, not a celebrity and i think that could be appreciated, especially when admiring someones talent. All and All i think Lana is just a great person :)

Live Forever Golden Grill.