M.I.A.

Azealia Banks

Evil literally said the n-word, uncensored, and nobody said shit - I wonder why.

Because it was in the context of a discussion about how the most taboo slur words are used. I wasn't employing it against anybody or saying it just to say it. There's nothing wrong with that.

Let me slightly re-word what you just said: "Evil literally said the word ':)', uncensored, and nobody said shit." There would be nothing wrong if you (or anybody else) had said it that way instead. You're referring to how someone used the word.

This is as silly as the faux-controversy over Obama saying it on the WTF podcast. Again, in the context of a discussion about the use of the word.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Because it was in the context of a discussion about how the most taboo slur words are used. I wasn't employing it against anybody or saying it just to say it. There's nothing wrong with that.

Let me slightly re-word what you just said: "Evil literally said the word ':)', uncensored, and nobody said shit." There would be nothing wrong if you (or anybody else) had said it that way instead. You're referring to how someone used the word.

This is as silly as the faux-controversy over Obama saying it on that podcast. Again, in the context of a discussion about the use of the word.

Obama is black, you're not. I'm not. I'm a non-black poc and I know under no circumstances I am not allowed to say it. Obviously you don't, though I already seen that as how you compared it to faggot.

Obama is black, you're not. I'm not. I'm a non-black poc and I know under no circumstances I am not allowed to say it. Obviously you don't, though I already seen that as how you compared it to faggot.

I agree that as a black person Obama has some license to say it even in a non-referential context. But I'm not sure that's relevant in this case. Obama's not any black person, he's the president. Given that there is some dispute even within the black community whether it is even acceptable for black people to say it, using it in a non-referential context would have been seen by many, across racial lines, as not presidential. Consequently, his usage was primarily defended on the grounds that it was OK because it was referential, making a point about the usage of the word, not because he was black and therefore allowed to say it.

See, this is an example of the good kind of political correctness getting twisted into the bad kind. The dictum that black people are (arguably) allowed to say it, and other people aren't is a fine one, but was never originally intended to be literal and absolute. It was just a less formal way of saying black people may be permitted to employ it, but other people can not employ it. Over time people have started taking it literally, that it can never ever be uttered by a non-black person, even in reference to the use of the word, like it was Voldemort or some shit. A lot of people just avoid or advocate avoiding using it in all cases for simplicity's sake, so they don't have to think about whether it's referential or not, but not because there's really a good reason to prohibit referential usage. It would be sort of like punishing a parent for saying swear words in the course of teaching their children what words are swear words.

I mean, where does it end? Can lexicographers, etymologists studying the history and usage of the word not use it referentially? Only if they're black? Are we going to censor the Wikipedia page on the word? Are we going to censor books depicting racist white characters that say it? Etc. etc. You get the point.

There's also an irony (and perhaps hypocrisy) here in your referential usage of the word "faggot" unedited in the same post. There needn't be an equivalency to see that any supposed "rule" absolutely prohibiting all usage of one while permitting the referential usage of the other is completely arbitrary. "Faggot" is sufficiently offensive that any of the same arguments for circumscribing usage should apply to it as well.

Also, you quoted my uses and didn't censor them. Why is one referential usage OK and not the other?

Let's not forget that this whole argument started from comments where I referenced the word in the context of denouncing its employment in the strongest possible terms: advocating the principle that there is no excuse for employing it, or any other racist or homophobic slur, against anyone no matter the provocation. Like, seriously?

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

This thread is another thread that keeps on giving just like her, her fans are really following in her footsteps

Not all messy threads having a common denominator lmao

we're white and cisgender, what do we know?

BzhmW.png

omg its getting really difficult to defend her at this point 

Azealia Banks' disturbing homophobic rant on Instagram

why does she always target gay men though i don't get it? i never genuinely believed her to be homophobic in any way considering the intelligence and creativity i see in her but talking about bursting hemorrhoids and trolling for dick on grindr after calling someone a fucking faggot like i'm honestly starting to wonder?????? 

WHY KUNT WHY 

ZRBNill.jpg