Sitar

Lorde

idk i'd give it like a 4.5/10. she talks about ~being different from other teenagers~ too much & there rly isn't muchvariety on the album imo

I totally agree with this. She just isn't very captivating. I get the impression that she is too focused to avoid a cringeworthy lyric or two but fails to create melodies. I gave the album three times a spin and NOTHING stuck in my mind except a song or two. Shame.

I didn't want this to happen... she's growing on me. 

I really like the album but there's some stuff on there that's pretty meh. ''Glory and Gore'', ''400 Lux'' and ''A World Alone'' are my favorites so far. 

VyIsfwC.jpg

Pure Heroine starts with "Don't you think that it's boring: how people talk?"

And it ends with "Let them Talk".

That's all one needs to say when analyzing the whole album thematic and plot. I love how teenage this album is.

Every teenage who expects lots from the world and the future, myself included, tends to speak and look mature in front of this whole runway. But in reality, we're talking and blabbering about the same things: How fearful we are against the homogenic non-escaping grayscale of the society's expectations and lifestyle we're meant to follow.

So most people just sexify it. Some people play bizarre and go air-canning their hair with colors. Some people over-dramatize the pain...

But that's all there's to it. It's an escape to the society that you can't help but need and sadly, in the end, draw upon. I love how she expresses it. She's not saying nothing new, but she's finding a new and blatantly, straight-forward, minimalistic and blunt way to say it. How teenage days hurt. How accepting the plain boredom of adults' life pains...

This album is amazing.

Pure Heroine 9/10: Some people think that a whole album "sounding the same" is something bad. But I like to see it as a whole story, like something really coherent. In this actual case, I just love it. It's sad there's only 10 songs in it. But it's enough, I guess, to make me happy.

Tennis Court 8/10: I still can't stomach the chorus. But the whole song, lyric-wise, specially, is just appealing. I love it.

400 Lux 9,80/10: The beat sledges in a, I'd dare to say, so sexy and heavy way. The lyrics are fantastic. This whole song is genius. Needs to be a single.

Royals 8/10: I don't believe at all in this song. I still can't understand why it was Lorde's launchpad to recognition. I think it's kinda hypocritical. But the way harmonies work in this song is pretty slick. It's nice to listen to.

Ribs 10/10: Sonically, it's one of the best things I've ever listened to. The production is so exact and perfect. It's so neat. It sounds like nothing you've heard, and beats it all. The lyrics are really endearing. I love lyrics about friendship. And I hate the idea of growing old. This song is the best song in the album. This and 400 Lux are the best things I've heard in a while, maybe.

Buzzcut Season 7/10: The song is boring and this is when Lorde starts to sound repetitive, and not magical. The lyrics sound as if she said "Oh, they like how I write!" and started overdoing it.

Team 9,50/10: It's amazing. It's so catchy, it needs to hit the radio now. This should be the first big video-performance-promo single now.

Glory and Gore 9/10: Sonically, it's not that captivating. But lyrics-wise, it's delicious. This really showcases and highlights Lorde's song-writing capacities.

Still Sane 8/10: It's like a pause from the whole album sound-style. It still sounds coherent. The lyrics aren't that great.

White Teeth Teens 9,20/10: This is pure auto-pitiful rebel Lorde. The lyrics are sensational, and it sounds beautiful and re-singable. Lorde is so easy to relate to. She does a good job representing a whole generation.

A World Alone 9,50: It's fascinating. The chorus is just heavenly. The lyrics are beautiful. Perfect album closer.

This album is one of the best releases I'll ever witness. It's gorgeous. In every meaning, in every word.

Okay so it's near perfection. It takes me to another place. The airy and atmospheric production is on point and spins around in my head throughout the album, just magical. The lyrics seem perfect for right now in the moment, and somehow at the same time classic and eternally relative. Lorde's voice is so mature, heavy, and rich, yet she's a light whisper at times from a mere 16 year old. This is an album of perfect contradictions really. I seriously cannot express how much I love Buzzcut Season. It's probably my favorite song of hers period, and one of my favorite songs of 2013 definitely.

H0bDaqU.gif

I'm so confused. When is this album coming out? :uh: The date changes constantly... I'm assuming tomorrow, now, right?

Would be nice, Lorde's debut album released on my B-Day :blush2:

No but for real, the date's been like Sept 24th, 28th, 29th, 30th, Oct1st... I've even seen more. So confused :icant:

tennis courts is my favorite out of the new ones

:facepalm:   :smh:

Unless you're talikng about the "re-mastering" thing…

I'm going to wait until the official release to listen to it.  :)

Same.  :deadbanana:

I'm so confused. When is this album coming out?  :uh: The date changes constantly... I'm assuming tomorrow, now, right?

Would be nice, Lorde's debut album released on my B-Day  :blush2: 

No but for real, the date's been like Sept 24th, 28th, 29th, 30th, Oct1st... I've even seen more. So confused  :icant:

Depends. The dates vary from September 27th in NZ & AUS to October 28th in the UK, Norway, and possibly other places. (I hope not, tho)

BUgY0NJCIAE7JWe.png

:facepalm:   :smh:

Unless you're talikng about the "re-mastering" thing…

Same.  :deadbanana:

Depends. The dates vary from September 27th in NZ & AUS to October 28th in the UK, Norway, and possibly other places. (I hope not, tho)

So it's not coming out tomorrow?  :deadbanana:

All da places say so now :icant:

FUCK SCHOOL

Anyone updated on any lyrics yet?

A few pages back!

@@SitarHero in glory and gore does she say, "chance is the only game I play with, baby"  :hooker:  :hooker:  :hooker:  :hooker:  anything u wanna tell the class?

Tease me :icant: About to listen instead of finishing my essay.

Hang on did this shit LEAK

VH1 has a a link to stream the whole album- hence now everyone is ripping the songs.

On another note, this is one of the best single coherent albums I've ever listened to. Love all the songs except 400 Lux and Still Sane. I'm sure they will grow on me in time.

2dt29zc.jpg

IS IT COMING OUT TOMORROW OR NO, I DONT GET IT, I JUST DONT GET IT :horror:

Not until Friday angel

I love these roads where the houses don't change :hair:

Where we can talk like there's something to say :beyonce:

This is probably silly but I still don't get the title of 400 Lux.

NVM GOOGLED IT

It's lux in its 400 way :slayty:

IS IT COMING OUT TOMORROW OR NO, I DONT GET IT, I JUST DONT GET IT :horror:

Not tomorrow, in 3 days I think.