Sitar

Lorde

Pure Heroine is such a great debut of a 16 years old singer and that's it. Lorde can really translate the joys and fears of coming of age in her lyrics and that’s why people can relate with them. Somehow its honest lyrics works in the first half but soon start to drag and it seems she’s singing about the same things over and over again and shows that although she is a great lyricist she lacks imagination – as Lana has proved is one of these things that can make a difference. 

She's stuck in this minimalistic sound because her label wants to play safe, but I have a feeling that the better is yet to come. Lorde just need some better melodies and to shape her sound.

I don't agree with you but it's your opinion, I think Lorde is lyrically fucking amazing she's 16, only been writing for 4-5 years and is a real poet. Lana has always relied on anaphora and rhyming, that's as easy as flicking through a thesaurus to find words that fit with the meter; which makes Lana's writing cliché in terms of poetry. Whereas Lorde uses free verse, Walt Whitman was one of the pioneers of free verse and it was used by many of the great poets, particularly Allen Ginsberg. Lana has been writing for 10 years imagine what Lorde will produce in 10 years.

It seems that she's getting a hard time purely because she is 16 and really talented. I think the reason people are falling for her is because she's raw, real and honest how can you negatively judge someone particularly a 16 year old for being that.

You are hyped up about Borde, is obvious, but I can easily take 4-5 Lana songs that are better lyrically then anything on Pure Shit. I hope she will stay local, hyped up by sexually frustrated Anglo-saxon teenagers who are thinking that her platitudes are something of deeper meaning. Royals is a mess lyrically, I didn't have the time to analyze the other songs, but basically there are no melodies just the tiresome beats over and over again. She obviously don't writes the music of her songs and please don't compare her to Lana which has written more than 100 songs (lyrics and melody) and this self-absorbed teenager maybe had written 10 lyrics so far. I hope she stays like Gotye of 2013. Lana>>>>>>>>>>>>>Borde

She actually chose to work with Joel Little who was previously in a punk band and they have co written on the music of every song together as she is a musician but Lorde writes the lyrics.

You are serious? The amount of photoshopping on her pictures is insane. When you look at her pictures taken on stage, especially when she makes those unbearable grimaces, I will put it mildly, she's not pretty. Lana is a goddess compared to her. But what makes Borde an ugly person in my view is the ruthlessness (meanness) which is radiated by her persona. She looks much older because of this. I think that she and her management started the whole campaign against LDR because they feel that the Lana fan-base is shaky and Lana can be easily attacked and dismissed.

Yeah she clearly isn't hung up on image only which is mostly Lana's whole thing, get over it there's more to life that image. As for your theory on the hate campaign they are on the same label, Universal !!!

LORDE'S 'PURE HEROINE' IS THE ALBUM LANA DEL REY WISHES SHE MADE
By: Julia Emmanuele
12:49PM EDT

1899807.jpgFrank Hoensch/Getty Images

Fans of Lorde, the 16-year-old pop star, have been eagerly awaiting her debut album since "Royals" started going viral. Luckily for them, the singer has made Pure Heroine available to stream via VH1 a week ahead of its September 30 release. Like her hit single, the album has enough electronic elements to help it sit comfortably on the charts, but the beats are all simple and pared-down, which helps give the album a more organic feel than the EDM-pop club bangers that have become so popular recently. Sonically, it gives off the impression that it could have been made in Lorde's bedroom, with some beats she put together herself, which perfectly compliments Lorde's anti-glamour pop star persona. The songs are distinctly undanceable, and her voice gives the lyrics the kind of longing that music about being a teenager requires. 

To put it bluntly, Pure Heroine is the album that Lana Del Rey wishes she made. This isn't meant to provoke a debate about Del Rey's "authenticity" versus Lorde's — after all, all pop stars have cultivated personas, and where Del Rey is a trailer park Lolita, Lorde is the "realistic" pop star. However, where Born to Die was overproduced in places, layering echoes over strings over electronic beats, Pure Heroine's minimal production allows the songs to shine in a way that Del Rey's couldn't quite manage. Lorde also manages to make each song on her album distinct and unique, with which Del Rey had some trouble. Many of Lorde's songs are tinged with the same kind of longing found on Born to Die — which is probably a result of her being an actual teenager — but keeps it all from feeling one-note. It's almost as if Lorde took all of the things that were good from Del Rey's debut and fine-tuned them to create a better, more interesting result. 

Lorde has also perfectly timed the release of her debut. In the upcoming months, there are several attention-grabbing albums coming out, including ones from Miley Cyrus (October 4), Katy Perry (October 22) and Lady Gaga (November 11). Not only does an earlier release guarantee Lorde the press she deserves, but it will give fans a chance to get acquainted with the songs before we're all bombarded with club banger after club banger. Lorde is establishing herself as the foil to the over-the-top pop divas of our time - through both her music and her personality - and people seeking something normal or relatable on the pop charts will flock to Pure Heroine

The New Zealander has been quoted as saying that she wants to make something "real" that kids can relate to, and so far her desire for authenticity has served her well. There's sure to be at least two more hit singles off of Pure Heroine and hopefully Lorde's success will allow for more artists like her to break through to the mainstream. Either way, it seems like Lorde's quest for an anti-pop star is going to make her a genuine one.

From: http://www.hollywood.com/news/celebrities/55034224/lorde-pure-heroine-available-to-stream-early

THIS IS TOTAL WAR. Lorde's management is pushing with PAYOLA the anti-Lana Del Rey campaign started some months ago. Wow, i'm really starting to hate this little bitch

"and people seeking something normal or relatable on the pop charts" -i was never interested in normal and relatable artists - btw, Lorde's not that relatable, in her heart she's a fame whore, she's a calculating person much more packaged than Lana was. When Lana started in 2011 she was like a puppy, but Borde in my view is the real calculating and unauthentic creation the whole Pure Shit screams about this. 

"Lorde's quest for an anti-pop star is going to make her a genuine one": yes the PAYOLA licks are obvious, yea, Borde the "anti-pop star" (nonsense alert!!!!)

oops  :creep:

tumblr_n1it25unLs1t2mndro3_r1_250.giftumblr_n1it25unLs1t2mndro2_r1_250.gif

I don't agree with you but it's your opinion, I think Lorde is lyrically fucking amazing she's 16, only been writing for 4-5 years and is a real poet. Lana has always relied on anaphora and rhyming, that's as easy as flicking through a thesaurus to find words that fit with the meter; which makes Lana's writing cliché in terms of poetry. Whereas Lorde uses free verse, Walt Whitman was one of the pioneers of free verse and it was used by many of the great poets, particularly Allen Ginsberg. Lana has been writing for 10 years imagine what Lorde will produce in 10 years.

It seems that she's getting a hard time purely because she is 16 and really talented. I think the reason people are falling for her is because she's raw, real and honest how can you negatively judge someone particularly a 16 year old for being that.

She actually chose to work with Joel Little who was previously in a punk band and they have co written on the music of every song together as she is a musician but Lorde writes the lyrics.

Yeah she clearly isn't hung up on image only which is mostly Lana's whole thing, get over it there's more to life that image. As for your theory on the hate campaign they are on the same label, Universal !!!

"Yeah she clearly isn't hung up on image only which is mostly Lana's whole thing" first, please tell me that you aren't a Lana fan. secondly, don't lecture me pls, because everything is an image: Lana del Rey is an image and Borde is an image too, well packaged and contrary to Lana the whole thing is swallowed by the anglo-saxon hipsters as a second coming in music. What are those insanely photosopped posters of Borde if not parts of the fabric of some well calculated image. 

"As for your theory on the hate campaign they are on the same label, Universal" - you are so naive- Lana position is weak there, they didn't promoted her music, didn't believed in her, she sold those 4,2 mil copies just because her album and voice is so good and she has hardcore fans who love Lana's music. But make no mistake, Lana's the real anti-system star because she's both politically unacceptable: she smokes, she doesn't give a shit about the feminist agenda,  she spooks little girls...and her music dosen't follow the conventional pop wisdom (she had basically no airplay (the Gervais shit doesn't count)... not like Borde the fake anti-system popstar which is so relatable with her platitudes and so radio friendly. You know why Lorde is more liked in the US because the stupid teenagers there have the feeling listening to Lorde platitudes that they understood something and Lana's music mostly confuses them so they flock to Lorde.

That's so stupid of the article writer. Lana knew the type of record she wanted, and she made it. She wanted busy lush sounds, and Lorde wanted minimalistic beats. They made what they intended, and were certainly not aiming for the same goal. I am confused about how these two artists are supposedly targeting the same people with their lyrics. One is about coming of age and being a 'average' teenager. The other is about good girls clinging to dangerous lifestyles. :judgingu2:  What is the similarity?

2dt29zc.jpg

"Yeah she clearly isn't hung up on image only which is mostly Lana's whole thing" first, please tell me that you aren't a Lana fan. secondly, don't lecture me pls, because everything is an image: Lana del Rey is an image and Borde is an image too, well packaged and contrary to Lana the whole thing is swallowed by the anglo-saxon hipsters as a second coming in music. What are those insanely photosopped posters of Borde if not parts of the fabric of some well calculated image. 

"As for your theory on the hate campaign they are on the same label, Universal" - you are so naive- Lana position is weak there, they didn't promoted her music, didn't believed in her, she sold those 4,2 mil copies just because her album and voice is so good and she has hardcore fans who love Lana's music. But make no mistake, Lana's the real anti-system star because she's both politically unacceptable: she smokes, she doesn't give a shit about the feminist agenda,  she spooks little girls...and her music dosen't follow the conventional pop wisdom (she had basically no airplay (the Gervais shit doesn't count)... not like Borde the fake anti-system popstar which is so relatable with her platitudes and so radio friendly. You know why Lorde is more likened in the US because the stupid teenagers there have the feeling listening to Lorde platitudes that they understood something and Lana's music mostly confuses them so they flock to Lorde.

What's naive is to believe that Lorde and Lana's label Universal would start a hate campaign when all they care about is profit, if it's turning a profit it's good for them, you really think they care about anything else.

Lana had one of the biggest PR campaigns in history so if there really is a need for Universal to kill off Lana then it would be because she hasn't turned a profit. She sold over 4 million in two years so the problem would be she cost why more than they thought she would bring in.

I'm not quite following that smoking, being an anti feminist female and spooking little girls is enough to make someone a political anarchist (sorry I just pissed myself), are you 12? Fuck Nirvana were feminists and political anarchists at the same time, shit did that just crush your linear thought process.

Perhaps some of the people listening to Lorde relate more to what she is saying than they do to wearing diamonds on skid row and you're telling me I'm naive.

i think they're both marketed as 'indie' girls and they mash a variety of paradoxical genres together [EDM x slo-jam x pop] vs. [orchestra x hip hop x pop]. that, and they both have relatively deep voices 

but thats where the similarities end i think? i've yet to really sit down and listen to the entire album. i mean they're both pretty still pretty 'new', and so its natural that they're going to draw comparisons. its stupid for critics to bash lana though, i mean, i bet theres still a bit of residual hate beneath the surface of that article. instead of trashing her for being 'inauthentic' or unable to sing now they're just able to say "oh hey heres a girl who can do it all better than her, minus the surgeries" etc 

but its funny how the author of that article still devotes half of the text to lana. if lorde is so great (in his or her eyes) -- does she not deserve an entire article to herself? obviously lana's made a sizable impact on the industry (and lorde as well, since she continues to bring her up) 

ZRBNill.jpg

ok so this post is ridiculously long, so sectioned it off into ~two easy to read parts~: 1. my thoughts on Pure Heroine and 2. comparing Lorde to Marina and Lana and my feelings about them when I first heard of them.

PART ONE: HOW I LEARNED TO STOP WORRYING AND LISTEN TO PURE HEROINE

I've been hearing a lot about this Lorde character and finally decided to check her out. My initial encounter with her was the "Lana, Lorde, and Feminism" topic which left a sour taste in my mouth concerning her much-lauded maturity, so I will say right here that I started listening to Pure Heroine already having been biased against her. Nevertheless, I heard the thing to the end. This is a Lorde topic so I feel it's appropriate to post this here, even if it's not exactly a sparkling review.

"Pure Heroine" sounds... boring. There, I said it. And musically, there's nothing I hate more than boring music. I can listen to something that's bad because then I can laugh at it (case in point: I heard a terribly out of tune punk singer and I had to keep watching the video over and over again because it just made me break out into laughter) or even appreciate it in a goofy way (ABBA's "Dum Dum Diddle," a charming song about a woman who feels sexually and romantically threatened by her crush's violin). Obviously, a good song is enjoyable on its own merits. A boring song, however, one that is merely pleasant, has no draw to it. I hear it and it's okay - I don't want to throw up, but I don't want to listen to it again, either. I wouldn't mind it if it came on the radio, but I would probably zone out of hearing it due to the lack of anything keeping me there.

But why, I ask, is it boring? I mean, I could leave it at there but I don't think it's fair to Lorde to give her album a mediocre review and not even bother expanding upon it (not that she knows who I am, will read this review, and feel offended at my lack of explanation  :rip: ). I will say it comes down to one thing: melody. I can forgive a lot of things for a great melody. Indeed, that's why I appreciate ABBA so much - they were masters of pop melody. They weren't great lyricists (I'd say nothing they wrote was of any value until perhaps The Album), but that's okay because they had what I came there for. I can only remember one melody from this entire, 37 minute album: "and we'll never be royals." Even now, it's fading out of my head. It's not fair to judge an album on the catchiness of its hooks when you've only heard it once, but when it comes to pop music you get one chance. You hear a song on the radio and it doesn't hook you, that song is done. You're not gonna look it up so that you can give it a chance and say "hey, it's actually good when you hear it thirty times!" Time is precious!

Sonically, Pure Heroine is monotonous. Every song can be described as mid-tempo with a hip-hop beat, electronic strings, and layered vocals. There were times when I'd passed on to another song and hadn't even noticed, a feeling I do not like unless the album is meant to be seamless like "Dark Side of the Moon." As such, I cannot remember or appreciate her songs for their atmosphere because it was the same atmosphere every song. I think "Ribs" may have been a bit dancy, but other than that I cannot say any of the songs had a different "feel" for me. The minimalism was not appreciated simply because of its repetitiveness. Much like bombastic arrangement can quickly become tiring to listen to (Born To Die, Halcyon, Ceremonials), so can an album full of sparse arrangements.

Her lyrics appear to be her draw - at least, everyone talks about how "raw, real and honest" she is. I had her album on in the background, so I admit I wasn't listening for lyrics (and even if I were, my notoriously awful "parsing human speak" abilities would probably lead to my misunderstanding all of them and creating an entire album full of things like "my posters smell like you" and "you can be my photon daddy"). However, lyrics can't save a boring song. There are songs with great lyrics that I don't listen to because I don't like the music, and that's a deal-breaker. I will say that the lyrics I did hear and understand didn't really stand out to me among the thousands of lyrics I've heard in my life, but perhaps they are so deep that only armed with a doctorate in English poetry can one truly begin to understand them.

So ultimately I can't say I enjoyed the album. It felt like variations on a theme, and not even a good theme. I'm not impressed by what I've heard so far nor do I believe anything on this album can be taken as proof of her being talented. Really, it was okay. Adequate. Nice. But it didn't leave me with an awesome impression.

PART TWO: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: YOU CAN NEVER PREDICT THE FUTURE

NEVERTHELESS, I yell in all caps, all this could change! The first Lana song I heard was "Video Games" and I wasn't a fan of the lyrics or the arrangement! The hook at the end of the chorus, however, stayed in my heads for months ("only worth living if somebody is loving you") and coupled with the hype over on GGD, I blindly ordered her album (I actually go out of my way not to hear anything from an album before buying them. It spoils the experience, gives you expectations, and also when you've heard enough of the songs you start saying "well why should I even bother buying this then"). I wasn't too impressed when I first heard it either, and I remember despising Blue Jeans, Dark Paradise, Radio, Carmen (I thought Carmen was recorded while she was drunk, that's how awful I thought her vocals were), and Summertime Sadness. The only tracks I liked were Million Dollar Man, National Anthem, Born To Die, and Diet Mountain Dew (sadly, DMD and I were not in love forever). After an incubation period, I came back to the album and found I liked nearly every track (Blue Jeans, Summertime Sadness and Radio took a longer while for me to appreciate). I actually listened to Paradise (I had the double-disc version and never bothered taking Paradise out  :flop: ). Then I got my stan card.

(and since I'm already on a tl;dr binge and nobody's really gonna read this post to the end, may as well post about my darling Marina) I was SUPER MEGA ULTRA EXCITED for Electra Heart. I heard Primadonna and thought "YES. This girl has come to save pop music from dreadful boring "sensitive" indie guitar players." I was swept off my feet by the delicate chorus, the cheeky lyrics, and the generic Dr. Luke synths. My first warning sign came when I was chilling in my college lounge and someone saw me listening to Primadonna and suggested Lies. I looked it up and did not like it all (I still don't like Lies  :creep: ). I said to myself "what's one bad song next to PRIMADONNA GURRRL." I went to B&N and bought the US version of Electra Heart (the British version with Living Dead, Buy the Stars and Lonely Hearts Club was like $35 wtf). When I got home, I put the disc in and prepared for what was undoubtedly going to be the greatest pop music experience of my life.

I hated the album.

I found it boring and pointless and there were no hooks and ugh what was this. I felt betrayed. "Marina, you were supposed to be the chosen one! To save pop music, not destroy it!" I didn't listen to Electra Flop for several weeks. The only reason I ever went back was because I liked Homewrecker. Eventually I stopped hitting "back" to listen to it and it went into Starring Role and then I realizes it didn't actually hate Electra Heart. I really liked it. I liked it enough to order The Family Jewels (which is imo an immaculate album). And I never went back.

SO what is the point of this needlessly long post? Maybe I'll listen to Pure Heroine again, probably to listen to Royals. Maybe I'll like it enough to buy the album on release day. Maybe I'll go through the same rejection phase I went through with Lana and Marina. And maybe then I'll become a super stan and join LordeBoards, if such a thing exists by then. I'm not going to close my mind to this girl just because I disagree with her stance on feminism and because I didn't enjoy her album on first listen. Maybe I'll like it later. Maybe I'll still not like it but fall in love with her sophomore effort. Who knows? I'll keep an eye on her. It's always worth observing the things people think are valuable.

GDUNCuc.png

GROSS

SO UGLY

WHO EVEN LISTENS 2 BORDE

:umadney: 

she's so beautiful, i don't get the people that think she isn't.

She's not pretty at all. But that's got nothing to do with her music :3

yeah you've said you think she's ugly like 500 times now we get it

14417469274.gif

You are serious? The amount of photoshopping on her pictures is insane. When you look at her pictures taken on stage, especially when she makes those unbearable grimaces, I will put it mildly, she's not pretty. Lana is a goddess compared to her. But what makes Borde an ugly person in my view is the ruthlessness (meanness) which is radiated by her persona. She looks much older because of this. I think that she and her management started the whole campaign against LDR because they feel that the Lana fan-base is shaky and Lana can be easily attacked and dismissed.

Okay. I read this and all your posts afterwards, and as a mod, i'm telling you now to stop starting arguments with people. Don't deny that you're doing it, because you are. There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion in a NICE and RESPECTABLE manner, but you haven't been doing that. You're being rude and annoying and instigative. So stop. 

14417469274.gif

She's not gorgeous, but people need to shut up if they think she's ugly, because she's really not. Don't judge an artist by their looks unless beauty/looks is their thing.

PS. Stop with comparing Lana and Lorde, they're very different in every way. Besides, Lorde has said she enjoys Lana and really likes her videos.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

PART TWO: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO: YOU CAN NEVER PREDICT THE FUTURE

(and since I'm already on a tl;dr binge and nobody's really gonna read this post to the end, may as well post about my darling Marina) I was SUPER MEGA ULTRA EXCITED for Electra Heart.

*high-five for reading and Marina*

BUgY0NJCIAE7JWe.png

I didn't rip the audio but I ripped all the videos from the VH1 website. The quality is great except for Royals, I couldn't rip it in HD and I don't know why. Anyway, I'm uploading the videos right now in this folder : 

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/gramfnq8rxakq/Le_Poisson_Rouge

Please could you tell me what program you used to rip videos from VH1? Or did you just record the screen?

AHHHHHH THIS ALBUM IS AMAZING! I JUST FINISHED LISTENING TO IT FOR THE FIRST TIME. 

I love Still Sane, all of u r retarded for not sharing my opinion tbh. It's like Swingin' Party Pt. 2 for me. :rip:

Other favorites include 400 Lux, Buzzcut Season, White Teeth Teens. 

This is just my first impression though! I pretty much love every other song too (Glory and Gore may have to be a grower because I didn't feel it first listen) and I even like Royals more now in the context of the album, I guess. Though it's still probably my least favorite Lorde song overall. What an amazing album, though. 

14417469274.gif

I have to write an essay tonight on ancient Greece in The Iliad and how the valued glory in battle above all else.

liek if i shuld title it "Glory and Gore Go Hand in Hand" :lolliney: #cheapploy

Talk about κλέος and the Hellenic conception of immortality, as evidenced throughout Greco-Roman epics. :creep:

and to be honest I don't get the comparison  between Lana and Lorde. She sounds to me like a teen version of Little Boots and Lykke li

Lana and Lorde have two very different styles of music. I don't think they should even be compared, because they're just so different.

idk 

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

You guys are the reason why I hate most of Lana's fans. I swear to god if I see another one of your annoying ass posts in this thread.... smiley_roll.png Why can't y'all just stay the fuck away if you guys don't like Lorde? Leave her alone. You guys would flip your shit if someone talked about how fucking boring, sexually frustrated, self-absorbed and overhyped Lana is. 

_______________________________________________________________________________________

I would never said anything about her if she didn't attacked Lana. I don't like her music, just as I don't like for ex. Sky or other artists with threads on this site. I would never  say something bad about another artist just because I don't like him/her.. But Lorde has come for Lana and this is LANABOARDS and not BORDEBOARDS so don't fuck with me

i get the scarface reference :)

and yeah like i'm not trying to start an argument by saying lana is better than lorde, but like every single one of lana's songs is more developed lyrically than anything lorde has. lorde does not have genuinely poetic intentions, and lana does. my focus on everything is the poetry, and sometimes the production but not really. their melodies and harmonies are equal but the production on born to die is what makes the album. the production on pure heroine is solely pop genius, but like so what. that doesn't make lorde talented. it makes her producers talented. lana is a genius. lorde is 16. they're both artists, but unfortunately lorde is revealing herself to the world before she has bloomed artistically. lana is a queen. lorde is 16.

User-FastFission-brain.gif       let's change our DNA

I really find a little dumb this discussion like why talk shit about Lorde in her thread and why talk shit about Lana in her forum. It's like, none of you are going to 'win' tbh.  :fabcat:

and yeah like i'm not trying to start an argument by saying lana is better than lorde, but like every single one of lana's songs is more developed lyrically than anything lorde has. lorde does not have genuinely poetic intentions, and lana does. my focus on everything is the poetry, and sometimes the production but not really. their melodies and harmonies are equal but the production on born to die is what makes the album. the production on pure heroine is solely pop genius, but like so what. that doesn't make lorde talented. it makes her producers talented. lana is a genius. lorde is 16. they're both artists, but unfortunately lorde is revealing herself to the world before she has bloomed artistically. lana is a queen. lorde is 16.

yaay! points to you for sharing your opinion respectfully (though it's terribly wrong) just kidding

What do you mean by developed lyrically though? I think I get what you're saying but I'm not sure. I feel like they're both entirely different lyricists so their lyrical content can't be compared (fairly, anyway). Lana is much more imagery and atmospheric in her lyrics than Lorde, who's lyrics I find much more intimate and emotional. That's not to say Lana's can't be like that too, because they sometimes absolutely are. But overall, that's how I'd generalize their released work's lyrics. Released being a key word because of course it'd be ridiculous to compare the lyrics of, say, So Legit, to something Lorde has written. Also I say released because Lorde doesn't have a very big collection of unreleased songs to use as a reference. 

Also.. (i don't agree with what you said but this for the sake of agreement) of course Lana would be more developed lyrically anyway. She's older and has gone through more, and very different, things in her life. 

And this is another matter of opinion, but Lorde doesn't need to have genuinely poetic intentions! I think the fact that Lana does have that sometimes ruins some of her songs for me, lyrically, because they turn out wayy too melodramatic because she wanted it to seem "poetic" you know? It feels like Lana tries too hard to reach a level of poeticism in her lyrics sometimes and that ends up ruining what could have been a good idea. Again, that's my opinion! Examples from me of overly done "poetic" songs by Lana... Y&B, Dark Paradise, Gods & Monsters..

The last thing again, of course, has to do with opinion, but it's discussion and I love it and I've been so inactive here for so long and haven't made a staple bitchy discussing HDB post so yeah here u go

"Lana is a genius. Lorde is 16." So what? I think that, for her age, Lorde is really talented and intelligent. Lana was 16 once too, you know, and just because she wasn't famous then doesn't mean the music she made around that time should or shouldn't be appreciated. Lorde just got there younger. 

14417469274.gif