Sitar

Lorde

Perfect Places is incredible. The only criticism I have is that I can't see how it will work as an album closer, but hopefully it will make more sense in a couple weeks.

I honestly don't see how it could be anything else :toofunny: Anthemic chorus, cute little piano outro to cap it off, universal kinda message 4 tha youth a la A World Alone.

I honestly don't see how it could be anything else :toofunny: Anthemic chorus, cute little piano outro to cap it off, universal kinda message 4 tha youth a la A World Alone.

Yeah idk it just felt more like an opener or something to me...? It wasn't as solemn throughout like A World Alone was.

H0bDaqU.gif

i have no excitement whatsoever for lust for life but i absolutely cannot wait for melodrama. i keep listening to the tracks on repeat and falling more in love with them as i listen to them again and again. it's weird, the first time i heard green light + perfect places i was very unsure about them because they were so poppy and totally not what i was expecting, but i really love what she's doing + i cannot wait to hear the full album

tumblr_oq5qbhvXRQ1v790vno1_540.png

My thoughts exactly! It's the perfect album closer.

lABVyGE.png

Pure Heroine is literally so nostalgic to the Summer 2014. All of the friends I met, and how I don't speak to them anymore. Growing up, finding myself, staying home for the 1st time, ect. I lost it while reading her "turning 20 post." 

Thank you Ella, you've helped me grow up more than anybody ever has. You still are tbh. I love you.

I think Perfect Places is the opposite of A World Alone

in AWA, she and her boyfriend were creating a hidden place (catch that T) to hide from everyone and their 'boring talk';, intertwined

in Perfect Places, she's noticing there's no such things, she's alone

honestly Perfect Places is one of my favorite songs of all time. i know Melodrama won't surpass Pure Heroine, for me at least, but it's going to end up being one of my favorite albums ever. i can already tell.

This album is gonna be a grower for sure, and Perfect Places is starting to grow on me too.

Not sure how I'm gonna feel about the album as a whole, but I've really only listened to the 3 released songs so I've still got a lot of content to look forward to