Beemo

Grimes

Savior of music

I loved Belly of the Beat, I think its even better than the FWB vid. I wish there was an Artangels visual but all the Grimes vids looked gorgeous (I mean Scream was a mess but the other three). I didn't watch the other girl :flutter:

wow these videos have truly changed my opinion of her, I love them and her voice actually sounds amazing with this new listen!!!

89550-F07-DF2-F-4739-9-AB0-552-DF4549773.jpg

All of the videos were AMAZING (the only one that was kinda meh was Scream but that's probably because I don't really like that song anyway).

Such a nice surprise to see these videos - must have taken FOREVER to put together, I don't think y'all realize how long it actually takes to put together a video that long!

Btw, PLEASE answer me - was the production in "Butterfly" slightly different?? For some reason it sounded more HQ sounding and like better mixed than my version on my computer and my CD sound...

Please tell me I'm not the only one thinking that!!

Btw, PLEASE answer me - was the production in "Butterfly" slightly different?? For some reason it sounded more HQ sounding and like better mixed than my version on my computer and my CD sound...

Please tell me I'm not the only one thinking that!!

I believe they used the studio versions of everything, but they may have used vinyl rips and/or re-recorded with slightly different equalizer settings (perhaps the case of Butterfly) just to differentiate the possible source of mp3 streams. 

The director's cut was really, really nice, and I enjoyed hearing Hana (especially Chimera) and seeing Aristophanes. It's sort of interesting that they (Grimes/Hana) act like a group but they are not a group. Wonder if they've talked about doing a joint record in the future.

I believe they used the studio versions of everything, but they may have used vinyl rips and/or re-recorded with slightly different equalizer settings (perhaps the case of Butterfly) just to differentiate the possible source of mp3 streams. 

The director's cut was really, really nice, and I enjoyed hearing Hana (especially Chimera) and seeing Aristophanes. It's sort of interesting that they (Grimes/Hana) act like a group but they are not a group. Wonder if they've talked about doing a joint record in the future.

Thank you for your response. After pondering upon my question, I decided to sync my CD to my laptop and I had a listen to the tracks that way, and the CD rip was much more like the audio used in the video. I was shocked, because the mixing sounded so different. It must have just been my iTunes version that was mixed differently. Interesting.

I definitely enjoyed how both Grimes and Hana were involved in the project. I have to say, I will have to listen to Hana some more. I had listened to her EP  a few times but then never really returned to it - I think I just forgot amidst all this new music that I've been discovering lately, but after this video, I will certainly have to go back and re-listen to the tracks. The "Underwater" video was brilliant.

I hope SO MUCH that they do a record together. That would be so amazing and I mean, they obviously like working with each other, so why not ? 

UM7JOQb.gif

this is so good, I still have to watch the director's cut but I will tonight omg I'm excited. A joint record would be H E A V E N omg I love them both so much

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif

she's so incredible and talented, i literally couldn't believe my luck when i found out she was opening my endless summer show. she's really underrated in terms of what she represents for women in music...even with lana not being the most feminism-friendly singer, i feel like she and claire are alike in their insistence on making the music they want without a team of men controlling their every move, and not following the industry's "rules" for female artists.

fuckkkkk I'm so excited, I'm seeing her and Lana on the 20th at Corona Capital, Claire is playing right before Lana at the same stage and at night!!! :defeated: Being at a Grimes' show is something I've been craving badly ever since I started to love her two years ago or so :oprah:

QVi1xFV.gifDrH6LWV.gif0FHXTOj.gif