Guest daytonaxmeth

Miley Cyrus

I'm liking some of the album but it really just sounds like a mixtape of demos tbh, I don't like her vocal quality in the tracks (but that could just be because soundcloud).

Space Boots stood out to me for some reason. I also really like Slab of Butter.

But after listening and stanning Nightmare I was expecting a lot more from her next album :poordat:

9ISvyf0.gif

This is not her proper album, the bangerz follow up ''M5'', it's a side project.

what's the lenght of the one with that bridge and the one that has not?

music video is 4:26 (bridge at 3:08) 

official upload on SC is 3:38

BzhmW.png

So is no one going to talk about what this free album means? RCA has to make its coins, we have to be getting another studio album soon (within the next year).

I agree. With her relationship with Mike Will Made-It still going strong, the leaked Nightmare demo, and a few pop glimmers in this free album, I don't think her major label return is that far out on the timeline. Look at Tinashe, another RCA artist who released a mixtape not long after her debut, and they're already getting ready to push another album out.

One thing that was ill-planned for this thing was the buzz. It was big, but it will die quickly without articles on sales numbers, single pushes, etc. Then RCA will be banging down the door for a pop comeback but she will have already wasted one time to announce a comeback on a mixtape that is sure to turn many people away.

MkWI4Ns.png

I agree. With her relationship with Mike Will Made-It still going strong, the leaked Nightmare demo, and a few pop glimmers in this free album, I don't think her major label return is that far out on the timeline. Look at Tinashe, another RCA artist who released a mixtape not long after her debut, and they're already getting ready to push another album out.

One thing that was ill-planned for this thing was the buzz. It was big, but it will die quickly without articles on sales numbers, single pushes, etc. Then RCA will be banging down the door for a pop comeback but she will have already wasted one time to announce a comeback on a mixtape that is sure to turn many people away.

RCA doesn't own any of the rights to this music. Miley funded and made this album primarily in her garage if i remember reading correct. There was no expensive studios, no A&R, no label advance to fund it. It doesn't count towards her contract with them. There was no buzz for the album because her label had nothing to do with it. It was Miley's own project that she wrote/co-wrote and co-poroduced herself with Wayne & Mike. She wanted to realized for free because I genuinely think she believes she has enough money and doesn't need to charge for doing something she loves (Wayne has always been like this). This album is not an era like traditional albums. Miley isn't going to tour it, she isn't promoting it, because she's not trying to make money off of it, she's just doing what she loves.

RCA is now going to use this album and the VMAs as a piggyback to start slowly promoting her for a new era (album & tour). Mike Will Made-It is on record as saying the new stuff she's making sounds like a countrified Lana, meaning that we possibly haven't even heard the best songs from this project because they're being saved for the next real album. It's very likely that we'll get something new from Miley in the next year (if not next 6 months).

RCA doesn't own any of the rights to this music. Miley funded and made this album primarily in her garage if i remember reading correct. There was no expensive studios, no A&R, no label advance to fund it. It doesn't count towards her contract with them. There was no buzz for the album because her label had nothing to do with it. It was Miley's own project that she wrote/co-wrote and co-poroduced herself with Wayne & Mike. She wanted to realized for free because I genuinely think she believes she has enough money and doesn't need to charge for doing something she loves (Wayne has always been like this). This album is not an era like traditional albums. Miley isn't going to tour it, she isn't promoting it, because she's not trying to make money off of it, she's just doing what she loves.

RCA is now going to use this album and the VMAs as a piggyback to start slowly promoting her for a new era (album & tour). Mike Will Made-It is on record as saying the new stuff she's making sounds like a countrified Lana, meaning that we possibly haven't even heard the best songs from this project because they're being saved for the next real album. It's very likely that we'll get something new from Miley in the next year (if not next 6 months).

I knew all of that, but I was saying that she wasted her one opportunity to "comeback" with this free album. Just because the label was hands-off doesn't mean there wasn't buzz. She didn't need RCA to create buzz when she did that herself with the VMAs - a very big way to generate interest, but it's going to die off very soon. In a month or two, who will be talking about this free album? She's not doing a televised performance circuit, nor do I think she would release many more (if anymore) music videos for this thing.

The Bangerz era was so successful because she made the headlines every week for something strange. She was naked here, twerked here, licked something here, etc. With this, what is she going to do? Go back under the radar and keep working on her major label return? All these headlines are going to die off very soon, especially since she didn't create the massive meltdowns like she did during Twerkgate 2013 while hosting.

So, in my opinion, if RCA wants any hope of riding off the VMAs and this album, they need to act faster than six months. Otherwise, execs. and Miley are going to have to generate VMA-level buzz all over again to get her back in the front of the public's mind.

MkWI4Ns.png