Divisive Princess

The 1975

The album is Pretty GREAT! The only song I literally hate is Love Me. I literally love everything else. If I Believe You is probably 3.5 star out of 5, but I bumped it to a 4 star on my Itunes.

But the fav is between This Must Be My Dream and She's American. I LOOOOVE those.

Okay so I saw so much praise for this I decided to give it a try. I wrote my opinion about each track for fun

1. The 1975: WTF is this? An interlude? Not here for that, next.
  2. Love me: Not good, and the guitar is tacky. Messy Vocals too.
  3. UGH!: nice intro but the song goes nowhere. Not replay worthy.
  4. A change of heart:  what is this mess? WHAT IS THIS MESS
  5. She's American: Finally a good song! I like this. Very catchy.
  6. If I believe you:  this is like some messy waltz song from 1920, the kind that plays in the background of a movie while the main characters are having their prom dance and share an intimate conversation. I dont ever want to hear it again
  7. Please Be Naked: intro is too long was my first thought, but then it was an instrumental only track. What is this?
  8. Lostmyhead:  the vocals are not loud enough
  9. The Ballad of me and my Brain:  WTF is this it's bad
  10. Somebody Else: I like the effects on their voices, it's like they are ghosts/speaking from another world or something. The beat is nice too. This is the first standout track.
  11. Loving Someone: I love the chorus. This is  a keeper.
  12. I like it when you sleep for this title is too fucking long: remix this track, make it 2 minutes long, and then it will be good
  13. The Sound:  this is ok. Not good enough to actually replay it, but not annoying to hear either. It's just there for 4 minutes.
  14. This must be my dream: pathetic filler
  15. Paris: Love the altered vocals. Weak harmonies. Not good enough. But the lyrics are cute.
  16. Nana: Bad bad baaaad
  17. She Lays Down: A cute idea let down by potato quality vocals why did they not record this properly? Ugh...it sounds so weird

Final verdict: I didn't like most songs, but that was expected since I'm not a fan of this band. Still, I found 2 lovely new songs to listen to and that is good enough for me. I hope all of you will enjoy the album as well :kiss:

I'm not a huge fan of The 1975 but I've always thought they had a unique aesthetic and i like some of their songs, so I gave the new album a listen. I've listened to the entire thing more than once, actually. 

That being said, I don't like every song, but I do like a handful of them, and that's a great thing! When i first heard "Love Me" (It was/is a single, right?) I didn't like it, but after a few listens, I loved it. I'm glad it's on the album.

"She's American" is another stand-out song for me. I love the meaning behind it and the guitars are gorgeous. Love the effects on their voices as well.

"If I Believe You" - wow! Such a new arrangement. I don't think it's like anything they've ever done? (I don't know too much about their catalogue so I could be wrong) On the first listen, I thought it was too weird, but after about three listens I thought, "Hey, now this is actually pretty cool!" it has a jazzy/soul/gospel feel to it. I love it. Love the lyrics.

"Somebody Else" - this is the song i loved on the very first listen.

"The Sound" - this song is okay, but I still can't get into it as much as I'd like to. Maybe I should give it some time?

"Paris" reminds me a little bit of Brandon Flowers. It must be the guitars and the synths in the background, nothing wrong with that though. I think it has a pretty melody. I like it. Still growing on me, but I like it. 

"She Lays Down" - I LOVE THE PRODUCTION IN THIS. It's laid-back, raw, emotional, deep, and extremely personal. i'm a guitarist so I really fell in love with the whole singer-songwriter aspect of it. The lyrics are beautiful, songwriting is well-done in this, really heartbreaking though. I really love this. 

tumblr_m7ggbemthf1r7oj7fo1_500.gif

The A Change of Heart demo isn't actually that different from the album version, his vocals are much clearer though. Sounds more like an early mix.

Also seems like the highest quality is 128, even on the CD.

How To Draw is a slow piano song, with a few "ooh's" and "aah's" over it, and the singing starts at around 2:30. It's pretty but I can see why it's not on the actual album.

9ISvyf0.gif

If I Believe You

Somebody Else

My faves and the only ones I have listened to lol

BVT4uKe.jpg   
8/1/13 . 8/2/13 . 5/16/14 . 10/4/14 . 10/11/14 . 5/30/15 . 7/28/16 . 5/20/17 . 1/11/18 . 2/11/18

I think I like this album better than the first one. The tracks that I like on the debut album are overall stronger songs that most of the ones on this album, but ilwys has more songs that I want to listen to and not just when I'm in a funk. The only songs I don't like are If I Believe You and ILWYS.

I was so nervous when I first heard Love Me because I didn't want all of their music to go in that direction, but now that the album is out and I know they haven't changed much at all I can jam out.

I hate when people who dont even like the band and go in with hate on their mind, rate them. That's stupid. You knew you werent going to like most of it.

ANYWAYS,

I loved the album. It was great. I'm not a fan of all the interludes. I just ignore them tho. But I Must Be My Dream, She's American, Ugh!, and The Ballad of My Brain are my FUCKING FAVORITES.

I had a dream that I wanted to get a milkshake really badly. I was driving around my whole town trying to find a good milkshake. A real one not from a fast food restaurant. The whole time I was looking for this milkshake in my dream (which I never got btw) The Sound by the 1975 was playing. Currently bopping to it without a milkshake.