Real Deal

BANKS

lol I think I basically unstanned her a time ago but some of her songs DO still hit hard to me everytime I feel shitty 

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

8 hours ago, Venus Fly Trap said:

lol I think I basically unstanned her a time ago but some of her songs DO still hit hard to me everytime I feel shitty 

When did you decided to unstan her? Share 

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

8 hours ago, sweetener said:

I really wish she went into the direction of "Underdog" for a few more songs, I feel like it's sooo overlooked

Underdog

Better 

Crowded Places

Are 1000x better than some of the songs on Serpentina. 

I know they are outtakes from The Altar, but it's crazy how these great songs didn't find a home on an album but some songs like "Spirit" did lol

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

23 hours ago, EXODUS said:

Underdog

Better 

Crowded Places

Are 1000x better than some of the songs on Serpentina. 

I know they are outtakes from The Altar, but it's crazy how these great songs didn't find a home on an album but some songs like "Spirit" did lol

The Altar ahhh my fave album for a reason :legend:

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, sweetener said:

The Altar ahhh my fave album for a reason :legend:

My favorite album is III as it had a greater impact in my life when it came out (and also because of how experimental she went, wow). 

But I agree that The Altar is her strongest effort yet. It's alternative pop but still have a big mainstream edge that can earworm any casual pop listener. 

On the other side, Goddess to me is very niche, it's an album that most fans of alt pop and electronic music can enjoy. 

Meanwhile, Serpentina is her most mainstream album to date, it feels like it's her shot to attract new casual listeners thanks to Spotify and Apple Music playlists and algorithm. 

All her 4 albums are vastly different yet as a whole they carry their own personal and distinctive music sound. 

has anyone seen her live this tour? My show's next month! Glad she's coming to europe again.

alsoooo we deserved a music video for Holding Back, or Meteorite. :crossed: I'm sad no new visuals came when the album campaign finally seemed to pick up

giphy.gif

I saw her live in Amsterdam this past Sunday and she was phenomenal. My only gripe is this woman has 4 albums out and she only did an hour set... (and only 1 song from III which is the biggest crime of all). Still had an amazing time tho 

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, Ultra Violet said:

I'm still so obsessed with The Altar instrumentals too

The Altar and III had the hugest replay value for me, the production is so rich and multilayer that everytime you play those albums you hear at least one thing you didn't actually hear the last time. 

13 hours ago, EXODUS said:

The Altar and III had the hugest replay value for me, the production is so rich and multilayer that everytime you play those albums you hear at least one thing you didn't actually hear the last time. 

Absolutely. I think the diversity of the songs helps too. Not that every song is the same on Goddess or Serpentina but especially for goddess, when I think of the album I think of one particular vibe only (which was still everything to me at the time in 2014-15)

But when I think of The Altar and III, I can't even place what the vibe is besides tones of vulnerability and power

i listened to Serpentina yesterday and found myself actually enjoying what i heard. it's better on second listen and i'm listening to Goddess right now and :hair: she really stomped....this album is pretty much flawless.

I came back to Serpentina last week and it's not as bad as I remember. It's just not as iconic as her first three albums. But I actually bop to most of it! The Deadend - Holding Back - The Devil - Skinnydipped - Burn tracks run is excellent :gclap: 

ngl I didn't really pay attention to the album after a couple listens on release month and then forgot about it, but now I guess I'll have it on rotation more frequently :smile3:

"I'm wild, I'm free, no man can handle me"

:lanahairflip2:

2 hours ago, landeath said:

leak Hands On Me!!!!!!! It's being YEARS

I need it. 

I know my sister loves Banks and said i should listen to her but where do you think i should start with her music?

27 minutes ago, Raupeka said:

I know my sister loves Banks and said i should listen to her but where do you think i should start with her music?

You can start with ''Gemini Feed'', ''Fuck With Myself'', ''Brain'', ''Drowning'' and ''Beggin For Thread''. I think most of her style of music can be found in those 5. If you like them, get the whole albums and have fun! You will love them

7qhp.gif