Sitar

Lana Del Rey Officially Announces TROPICO, "Coming to a City Near You"

eh.. farewell means anything. she's probably not doing anything else in 2013, so she's saying farewell to the era~ she won't be back for a while. Or maybe tropico shows her farewell to Lizzy Grant. Really luv that 3rd poster!! We'll get dates 5 years from now

Yeah I was kinda thinking the same thing. I believe it's a farewell to the 'Paradise era'...

...at least I hope :raven:

EQFO7rX.png

FAREWELL TO WHAT? TO BTD/PARADISE?

I sure effigy hope so! I didnt JUST become a Lana stab for this shit! I didn't die on a cross for this LOL!

I sure effigy hope so! I didnt JUST become a Lana stan for this shit! I didn't die on a cross for this LOL!

I sure effing hope so! I didnt JUST become a Lana stan for this shit! I didn't die on a cross for this LOL!

I was hoping she'd go on a little Tropico promotional tour and premiere it at a handful of cities.

Hopefully she just means Hollywood and New York are the only premieres she will be present at, but it will still play at a few other theaters around the US...world. Though she got my hopes up that she was coming back to Chicago after what she said at Lollapalooza. 

I'm not even going to comment on the 'farewell' thing.  :judgingu:

I really think she'll do more dates, particularly Chicago.

I'm not too worried about the farewell statement. Hopefully she'll elaborate (probably in person at the premiere) but I think she just means the era? No more year late remix singles.

But yassssss it's gonna be at a cemetery, I'm so there.

And anyone know of any Whitman poems addressing Adam & Eve/innocence? Will she have no self-penned monologues or acting dialogue?

I really think she'll do more dates, particularly Chicago.

I'm not too worried about the farewell statement. Hopefully she'll elaborate (probably in person at the premiere) but I think she just means the era? No more year late remix singles.

But yassssss it's gonna be at a cemetery, I'm so there.

And anyone know of any Whitman poems addressing Adam & Eve/innocence? Will she have no self-penned monologues or acting dialogue?

He has a cluster of poems called "Children of Adam" celebrating sexuality, some of them include phrases like "singing the phallus" and the "mystic deliria" :hooker: 

This probably doesn't have an explicit connection with innocence, but sex poems? :yesnod:

Maybe she'll incorporate it with the whole "loss of innocence" thing. 

Whitman has a poem called To the Garden of The World - it's one of the poems selected for the chapter Children of ADAM  ( which Body electric also makes part) in Leaves of Grass.

"TO the garden the world anew ascending, Potent mates, daughters, sons, preluding, The love, the life of their bodies, meaning and being, Curious here behold my resurrection after slumber, The revolving cycles in their wide sweep having brought me again, Amorous, mature, all beautiful to me, all wondrous, My limbs and the quivering fire that ever plays through them, for 

reasons, most wondrous,  Existing I peer and penetrate still, Content with the present, content with the past, By my side or back of me Eve following, Or in front, and I following her just the same."

He has a cluster of poems called "Children of Adam" celebrating sexuality, some of them include phrases like "singing the phallus" and the "mystic deliria" :hooker: 

This probably doesn't have an explicit connection with innocence, but sex poems? :yesnod:

Maybe she'll incorporate it with the whole "loss of innocence" thing. 

It also makes sense if she uses some part of body electric ( the poem)

She not going anywhere, when will ya'll learn lol.

It's a finish to the BTD project, she's always refereed to that album as a sole project for Lana Del Rey. Whether she leaves the Lana name behind, i don't know, but she will still make music. That interview she did recently said she is currently working on new material anyway.

All this is so exciting! Can't wait for any new Information! :excited: 

Does anyone else get the feeling that she's kinda talking to Whitman in her last tweet? idk but at least the "i adore you and thank you for inspiring me" part gives me that vibe. And maybe "farewell" means that she's leaving Whitman and his poetry behind after all this and starts off something new if we associate it with Whitman too.

lana_takeitoff_notxb4uwe.gif

All this is so exciting! Can't wait for any new Information! :excited: 

Does anyone else get the feeling that she's kinda talking to Whitman in her last tweet? idk but at least the "i adore you and thank you for inspiring me" part gives me that vibe. And maybe "farewell" means that she's leaving Whitman and his poetry behind after all this and starts off something new if we associate it with Whitman too.

It would make sense, Maybe here whole paradise era was highly influenced by whitman. and now its over. I really hope she will finally tell us  some dates.