Sitar

Lana Del Rey Officially Announces TROPICO, "Coming to a City Near You"

ah true, thats probably part of it. and tbh i wouldn't put it past her either

lmao i totally had an image of her like, forcing herself to guzzle down a bottle of bacardi all for the sake of ~art~ 

:thumb:

"it's fucking disgusting but if i do it i'm going 2 be a legend" - 14 yr old lizzy grant

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

it seems to me like kurt/nirvana are a BIG influence to lana 

i don't think so tbh. she's only talked about how she first saw the heart-shaped box video at 11/14 "at a party" and it ~~struck her visually~~ in another interview she said she really liked his face and his face was enough really. i don't think she cares about nirvana's music at all and i don't see them having a big influence on her in any way. i feel like every nirvana reference she makes in a song is like name dropping. her singing heart-shaped box is part of that imo. and if she had rly loved the song ever since she was 11/14 she should be able to hit at least some of the notes imo :eek: she seems to be much more influenced by elvis, priscilla, marylin monroe, jim morrison, axl rose etc. etc. nirvana is just one of those band tons and tons of musicians name as an influence because that's just what you do

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

i don't think so tbh. she's only talked about how she first saw the heart-shaped box video at 11/14 "at a party" and it ~~struck her visually~~ in another interview she said she really liked his face and his face was enough really. i don't think she cares about nirvana's music at all and i don't see them having a big influence on her in any way. i feel like every nirvana reference she makes in a song is like name dropping. her singing heart-shaped box is part of that imo. and if she had rly loved the song ever since she was 11/14 she should be able to hit at least some of the notes imo :eek: she seems to be much more influenced by elvis, priscilla, marylin monroe, jim morrison, axl rose etc. etc. nirvana is just one of those band tons and tons of musicians name as an influence because that's just what you do

Yeah, I think she mostly thought he was handsome and cool & that's pretty much it. :whatever:

Maybe she was 'inspired' by the tormented rock star angle, maybe the toxic / dangerous romance with Courtney a little bit, but I don't think it went any deeper than that. I can see absolutely nothing of Nirvana / Kurt Cobain's music & attitude (towards fame, success, artistic integrity, etc.) in Lana tbph. I don't see anything even remotely grunge (or punk, for that matter) about her.

919ceea0464eb5a3daad20d59bcb188c.gif            3ca7984fc9b72d5b7ff1941e270eb9a2.png

that as it may, i think and all i can say is "i think" she somewhat likes nirvana even if if was because she found kurt beautiful and looked into them from their. that has happened to me, i admit it, i found someone striking (looking) and had a look at what they did and was stunned. but  :pft: who knows lana changes her stories all the time (e.g mr/ms campbell)

EDIT: i definitely agree with you about elvis, priscilla, marylin monroe, jim morrison, axl rose

tumblr_mnu5unziQx1qztgoio1_500.gif

Guest Dot

I'm still standing at the L.A cemetery waiting for a big screen to show up. Will take a nap now. x.

:wat: :eartha: :suicide:

lots of her idols were fucked up addicts and she seems to be heavily influenced by them so that may have to do something with it. even with her alcoholism. in the gq interview she said "i thought the concept was so fucking cool". now i'm not saying she intentionally became an alcoholic (even though i wouldn't put something like that past her ~*~making your life a work of art~*~ y'know) but she may have started drinking bc she saw her idols doing it and thought it was cool but it escalated or something. courtney love said that kurt cobain tried being an alcoholic for a while but it didn't sit well w him so idk...

I hate that fucking quote.. it's so juvenile. But there have been artists who have had to look to substances for inspiration, and most of Lana's favorites that she lists were addicts (and tragic figures) I wonder where some of the most famous artists would have been if they hadn't been on some sort of drug or inspired by drug use.  (Even the Beatles had a love affair w/ LSD while songwriting)  ~ In the name of higher consciousness ~

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

IA, she said the same thing about Elvis. When she saw his face, she knew he'd be an inspiration. Little shallow girl ha ha

I wonder how much she actually listens to these artists she name drops..we've talked about this before.. the whole 'tragic character' theme...seems like one of those calculated things to say in interviews to keep up w/ d ~Hollywood Sadcore~ thing she has going. She names Morrison, Joplin, Cobain, Elvis.. and then she can't really say anything substantial about them in interviews. 

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***