lola

Taylor Swift

not again... she'll probably announce another variant at the singapore shows too then announce just before release week all the "exclusive" variants are available at retail stores worldwide 

ↀ  ⟡   last.fm

The Tortured Wallet Department 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

2 hours ago, Mer said:

The Tortured Wallet Department 

speaking of; do we know when the Manuscript deluxe edition comes back? i missed that one so far :eek3:

i know the bonus track is on the standard release but i still want the extras that come in that specific deluxe edition, ive ordered the other two so far, Bolter and Albatross :eek4:

7 hours ago, viktoria said:

not again... she'll probably announce another variant at the singapore shows too then announce just before release week all the "exclusive" variants are available at retail stores worldwide 

That's why I'm gonna wait. Also wanna listen to it before I buy it. Was too disappointed of Midnights. And seeing all versions of Midnights and 1989 everywhere makes me think most editions will be available still at release date. And since it's a new release, they might even put up signed-art-card-editions again shortly before release date. 

Besides I am boycotting this "only available for 3 days" - sales strategy. 

We haven't got even a single yet to tell something about the album style, right? 

It was expensive watch it 

2 hours ago, ts2003 said:

Is anyone looking forward to the new TS album? Just curious, I hope it’s not another midnights

ive pre-ordered two of the three physical deluxe editions :eek4:

i missed The Manuscript Edition, but ordered the Bolter and Albatross editions

4 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

That Veronica Ramirez girl or whatever needs to calm down. 

and haters will all say Taylor releases too many variants :deadbanana:

2 hours ago, ts2003 said:

Is anyone looking forward to the new TS album? Just curious, I hope it’s not another midnights

Of course! Taylor's public persona/actions have been a bit controversial as of late but at the end of the day, I'm always excited for whatever she releases :wub: I really love the visuals for Tortured Poets so far, hope the album is as moody as the visuals :crying5:

19 hours ago, ts2003 said:

I can’t say that I am tbh… although midnights is a good album, I’M TIRED of that pop sound. Imo she does well with folk, slower, and sadder songs. I’m getting that vibe from the album covers but I don’t want to get my hopes up :sadcore2: I did hear that an “insider” said TTPD is more alt-rock which is a sound I would like to hear from her

2 minutes ago, Olympia said:

On Facebook, several Swifties ("top fans", too) are revolting and complain about her one bonus track per vinyl. 

eh, it's shitty but there's not much we can do even if there is a big uproar about it. for many big artists nowadays making money is equally if not more important than making art (or making their fans happy for that matter.) i've learned to ignore it and just buy the variant i think is prettiest :shrug:

violets in your eyes

14 minutes ago, Olympia said:

On Facebook, several Swifties ("top fans", too) are revolting and complain about her one bonus track per vinyl. 

it is ridiculous espc with the timed webstore exclusive drops. I know Lana also has had lots of variants for her more recent albums, but they were available immediately and widely IIRC (sans retail/amazon exclusive ones) and all had the same track list. I wish she just dropped all the variants at once and kept them up - and we could just chose our favorite aesthetic. 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

why do people care so much about all tbe variants

either wait until the album releases and all the songs are posted on social media and buy whichever one has your favorite song or buy the artwork you like the most :eek:

personally i’ll probably buy my favorite artwork on vinyl (so far my fave is the albetross, it’s gorgeous) and then one with my favorite of the songs on CD 

it’s not like she’s forcing you to buy it? and it’s also not just her, so many artists do this now

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

On 2/16/2024 at 8:55 PM, Aeryx said:

GGfFIyXa4AEuCRR.jpg

Does anyone know what artist holds the most variants of all time? I saw a Reddit post about some greenday fan that had like 30 pressings of one album:air: At least most of Taylor’s are cute 

Just now, TropicoKitten said:

Does anyone know what artist holds the most variants of all time? I saw a Reddit post about some greenday fan that had like 30 pressings of one album:air: At least most of Taylor’s are cute 

it would probably be an artist like Frank Sinatra or Elvis Presley lbr

17 hours ago, love divine said:

eh, it's shitty but there's not much we can do even if there is a big uproar about it. for many big artists nowadays making money is equally if not more important than making art (or making their fans happy for that matter.) i've learned to ignore it and just buy the variant i think is prettiest :shrug:

The problem is that you never know before if all variants will be available later, and her countdowns make this worse. 

17 hours ago, Mer said:

it is ridiculous espc with the timed webstore exclusive drops. I know Lana also has had lots of variants for her more recent albums, but they were available immediately and widely IIRC (sans retail/amazon exclusive ones) and all had the same track list. I wish she just dropped all the variants at once and kept them up - and we could just chose our favorite aesthetic. 

Very true. I don't mind some variants to chose from, even though I think it would be better for climate if artists limited themselves to a few and all sold in the same shop, as we know very well how many fans will buy all. And if there are only 3, they will only buy that much. 

17 hours ago, crazyforyou said:

it’s not like she’s forcing you to buy it? and it’s also not just her, so many artists do this now

Well, the fact that she's releasing one bonus track per variant indicates at least that she actually WANTS people to buy all variants. No, she's not forcing them by holding a pistol to their heads, but I guess to many Swifties it feels like it, lol

It was expensive watch it