lola

Taylor Swift

Just now, Cherry Blossom said:

so high school about travis? lowkey so cute omgΒ 

thats what I thought!

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make upΒ my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

oh this is def about kim😭

the last rancid girl in a rancid world

tumblr_o12wrv5btd1qj2b14o1_500.gif

and i don't seem to mind

1 minute ago, honeymooncd said:

nothing could make me a gaylor, because they are delusional in the way they draw parellels between things. Do I think taylor is gay? A little bit, but I don't think she really puts easter eggs(at least the ones they point out) into her songs

Not that it’s my business anyways but I think she’s a little fruity in the way every single person is. No one is 100% straightΒ or gay andΒ I will die on thatΒ hill.Β Β :oprah3:

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

Just now, taco truck said:

The black dog is the best anthology song

clock that tea.. but the deluxe is AMAZING

and i don't seem to mind

Just now, rancidgirl said:

clock that tea.. but the deluxe is AMAZING

Every single song all 31 tracks are amazingΒ 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:ο½₯

Just now, Psychedelic Pussy said:

oh my Stan’s are more dedicated than Taylor’s I love to see it. Psychedelic Pussy supremacy wbk!

girl get out of my thread before you draw more attention to how badly I embarrassed you.Β 
Β 

also I randomly searched β€œdouble album” and yours was the FIRST to pop up. If that’s not tayvoodoo getting your ass idk what it is.Β 

⊹ (:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…[Μ²Μ…:β™‘:]Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…:Μ²Μ…) ⊹ 

π“Š”Β I took the miracle move on drugΒ π“Š”

βš•οΈΒ The effects were temporaryΒ βš•οΈ

thank you kim kardashian for this amazing song

and i don't seem to mind

Get out of taygod thread if you are not a worshipperΒ 

Just now, Mer said:

girl get out of my thread before you draw more attention to how badly I embarrassed you.Β 
Β 

also I randomly searched β€œdouble album” and yours was the FIRST to pop up. If that’s not tayvoodoo getting your ass idk what it is.Β 

Omg fight fight fightΒ DOQBEqaUMAE6_kl.jpg

I HAVE SO MANY THOUGHTS, normally in my Taylor Swift tradition (swiftie since β€˜06) I write a mini essay immediately after first listen ecstatic about all of my new favorite songs & feeling likeΒ β€˜this is the greatest thing ever’—but this time I feel overwhelmed and speechless, it’s taken me three hours to think. I love that it’s the most raw, genuine, and stream-of-consciousness that her lyrics and energy have gottenβ€”almost like an unmasking. The standard album is so heavy and melancholic. There’s a lot of growth here even if GP won’t see it because they think it’s β€œMidnights 2.0” (I disagree).Β 
Β 

While there’s some sonic similarities to past work, I think there’s a new and distinct mood across this album. But beyond that, I think what’s tripping me upΒ is that a lot of the standard album melodies are a lotΒ different than her usual ones. They’re more wordy, sometimes without a neat pattern or catchy melody, almost like improvisation where she’sΒ using the same melodic phrase repeatedly but with new words. I could see why she called it poetry, it feels like 75% of the album is her version of Lana’s β€œfingertips,” but each with a hook/chorus. This difference in melodicism from her past work I think will take a few more listens to grow on me and let my brain differentiate each track.

Β 

Now, on the anthology double album side…. !!! I love these tracks but I can see why she didn’t include them. They don’t fit the quietly pulsating-with-rage-and-depression energy of the standard album, which does create a dark, Victorian-aestheticΒ cloud in the mind of the listener. Howeverβ€”and I say this as a huge fan and defender of Jack and Bleachers for many yearsβ€”her tracks with Aaron continue to stand out. I think because she is typically writing to track with Aaron (writing a melody over his very innovative instrumental ideas), she comes up with really unique and interesting melodies, versus what comes to mind when she’s writing with Jack, who inspires moreΒ synth-heartland inspired atmospheres. I *love* her work with Jack, I think they have a special personal and sonic relationship and have made many, many, many of my favorite songs in the world, but I would love if she did one full-out album with Aaron, leaning into the soft rock vibes of β€œso high school” meets her slight twang-rock of β€œwould’veΒ could’ve should’ve”, for example.Β 
Β 

Overall, I think TTPD is a masterful work thatΒ will grow on me by the minute, but I don’t feel ready to pass immediate judgement on it, in the way that I’m usually ready to right awayβ€”that’s how different it feels to me. I’m proud that she was able to release something more abstract, bitter, real, and biting while she’s on top of the world and the center of attention. She commented more than she ever has before on her own mental health (as opposed to the personal-inspired, fictitious stories in folkmore) and her complicated and painful relationship with nearly two decades of fame and those who idolize herβ€”in a way that feels so much darker, more intense,Β unfiltered, and diaristic than her previous efforts. I think this is a turning point more than anything, and I’m excited for what’s next.

Β 

upon first listen, my favorite tracks were:

fortnight

guilty as sin

WAOLOM

loml

i can do it with a broken heart

clara bowΒ 

the albatross

so high schoolΒ 

I hate it hereΒ 

the prophecy

Tbh the anthology tracks do not change my initial TTPD top 5. But I have been spending more time with the standard tracks than the new ones, so time will tellΒ 

π“Š”Β I took the miracle move on drugΒ π“Š”

βš•οΈΒ The effects were temporaryΒ βš•οΈ

1 minute ago, yourolllikethunder said:

I HAVE SO MANY THOUGHTS, normally in my Taylor Swift tradition (swiftie since β€˜06, but not a crazy one lmao) I write a mini essay immediately after first listen ecstatic about all of my new favorite songs & feeling likeΒ β€˜this is the greatest thing ever’—but this time I feel overwhelmed and speechless, it’s taken me three hours to think. I love that it’s the most raw, genuine, and stream-of-consciousness that her lyrics and energy have gottenβ€”almost like an unmasking. The standard album is so heavy and melancholic. There’s a lot of growth here even if GP won’t see it because they think it’s β€œMidnights 2.0” (I disagree).Β 
Β 

While there’s some sonic similarities to past work, I think there’s a new and distinct mood across this album. But beyond that, I think what’s tripping me upΒ is that a lot of the standard album melodies are a lotΒ different than her usual ones. They’re more wordy, sometimes without a neat pattern or catchy melody, almost like improvisation where she’sΒ using the same melodic phrase repeatedly but with new words. I could see why she called it poetry, it feels like 75% of the album is her version of Lana’s β€œfingertips,” but each with a hook/chorus. This difference in melodicism from her past work I think will take a few more listens to grow on me and let my brain differentiate each track.

Β 

Now, on the anthology double album side…. !!! I love these tracks but I can see why she didn’t include them. They don’t fit the quietly pulsating-with-rage-and-depression energy of the standard album, which does create a dark, Victorian-aestheticΒ cloud in the mind of the listener. Howeverβ€”and I say this as a huge fan and defender of Jack and Bleachers for many yearsβ€”her tracks with Aaron continue to stand out. I think because she is typically writing to track with Aaron (writing a melody over his very innovative instrumental ideas), she comes up with really unique and interesting melodies, versus what comes to mind when she’s writing with Jack, who inspires moreΒ synth-heartland inspired atmospheres. I *love* her work with Jack, I think they have a special personal and sonic relationship and have made many, many, many of my favorite songs in the world, but I would love if she did one full-out album with Aaron, leaning into the soft rock vibes of β€œso high school” meets her slight twang-rock of β€œwould’veΒ could’ve should’ve”, for example.Β 
Β 

Overall, I think TTPD is a masterful work thatΒ will grow on me by the minute, but I don’t feel ready to pass immediate judgement on it, in the way that I’m usually ready to right awayβ€”that’s how different it feels to me. I’m proud that she was able to release something more abstract, bitter, real, and biting while she’s on top of the world and the center of attention. She commented more than she ever has before on her own mental health (as opposed to the personal-inspired, fictitious stories in folkmore) and her complicated and painful relationship with nearly two decades of fame and those who idolize herβ€”in a way that feels so much darker, more intense,Β unfiltered, and diaristic than her previous efforts. I think this is a turning point more than anything, and I’m excited for what’s next.

Β 

upon first listen, my favorite tracks were:

fortnight

guilty as sin

WAOLOM

loml

i can do it with a broken heart

clara bowΒ 

the albatross

so high schoolΒ 

I hate it hereΒ 

Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpJust kidding I love ur reviewΒ 

I really want to analyze the lyrics, the content, just everything! But I'm way to tired to do that, so I'll let my fav youtuber do that when I wake up

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make upΒ my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

Tbh the anthology tracks do not change my initial TTPD top 5. But I have been spending more time with the standard tracks than the new ones, so time will tellΒ 

Me either but I really love so high school