lola

Taylor Swift

1 minute ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Ying / Yang

I actually just came in to say I don’t think Reputation TV will sound as close sonically “production” as 1989 did to TV…

Yea I’ve been thinking about it more… :bebe:

Just now, DemonMic2003 said:

Yea I’ve been thinking about it more… :bebe:

Because a lot of that shit is sample based, And as far as we know Max Martin isn’t returning - As I kinda don’t blame him. I was thinking “though unethical” she’s going to need to just alter the og files ever so slightly, Then filtre, Add tons of extra bass to disguise it…

:puzzled:

IMG-3521.jpg

1 minute ago, DeadSeaOfMercury said:

Because a lot of that shit is sample based, And as far as we know Max Martin isn’t returning - As I kinda don’t blame him. I was thinking “though unethical” she’s going to need to just alter the og files ever so slightly, Then filtre, Add tons of extra bass to disguise it…

:puzzled:

Oop, or just find a pop producer.

How the hell is this album holding above 130m daily streams in its 5th day? I thought this album was supposed to just be for those of us who get it 😭😭

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

can someone tell me why anyone cares about fantano’s reviews?? he gave melodrama and folklore a 7. he gave ultraviolence a “strong 1 to a light 2”. and he said we cant be friends is the worst song on eternal sunshine. the worst songs on ocean blvd were the last three tracks (basically just the songs that were fun and had more life in them). his opinions are trash

also i don’t think it’s misogyny, but there’s definitley some sort of bias. 

edit: i’m sure if he gave an album a 10, that’s what would make me question if the album is actually good or not. probably would be boring. 

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

1 minute ago, crazyforyou said:

can someone tell me why anyone cares about fantano’s reviews?? he gave melodrama and folklore a 7. he gave ultraviolence a “strong 1 to a light 2”. and he said we cant be friends is the worst song on eternal sunshine. the worst songs on ocean blvd were the last three tracks (basically just the songs that were fun and had more life in them). his opinions are trash

I don’t care for reviews - But in his case especially ULTRAVIOLENCE!

-

But he did make some points on the TTPD, But it should’ve been higher…

IMG-3521.jpg

9 minutes ago, crazyforyou said:

edit: i’m sure if he gave an album a 10, that’s what would make me question if the album is actually good or not. probably would be boring. 

Exactly why LanaBoards or any kind of stan scenes/fandoms care about Fantano so much? Like there are so many other music critic Youtubers but what is it about Fantano that he gets tons of views 💀 never watched his videos besides some album ranking videos.

url%5D

3 minutes ago, Embach said:

Exactly why LanaBoards or any kind of stan scenes/fandoms care about Fantano so much? Like there are so many other music critic Youtubers but what is it about Fantano that he gets tons of views 💀 never watched his videos besides some album ranking videos.

if you ask anyone outside of music forums/twitter - “fantano” is probably some orange fizzy drink. 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

42 minutes ago, crazyforyou said:

it's just a guy with his opinion about music, I don't see him as a real critic (even if he has a lot of knowledge), more as an youtube entertainer

but he's also kind of a counterbalance to some big music magazines like Rolling Stone, which always give big musicians top rating even for average albums just because they have high sales (and I think some of them are bought)

Speaking of Reputation production, anyone have some favorite moments? Anything you hope will stay the same that might be hard to replicate? Or… anything you might want improved?

Personally, I hope we get some larger vocal moments. Rep really showcased her capabilities 7 years ago, but she’s improved tenfold since then.

I think some of the Jack songs will sound more atmospheric. The LWYMMD snippets sound “enhanced” for lack of a better word. :)

Ok so I made a different version of the TTPD tracklist, a bit more chronological and easier to listen. 

1. TTPD 

2. Down Bad

3. Fortnight
4. Florida!!!

5. How Did It End? 

6. Who's Afraid Of Little Old Me? 

7. I Can Do It With A Broken Heart 

8. Guilty As Sin? 

9. The Alchemy 

10. So Long, London 

11. Fresh Out The Slammer 

12. But Daddy I Love Him 

13. I Can Fix Him 

14. My Boy Only Breaks

15. loml 

16. The Smallest Man 

17.The Black Dog 

the first 4 tracks are a bit random- but i feel like they work sonically. I love TTPD as an opener, it's kind of a thesis statement for the record.

Next we have Down Bad- which is pretty ambiguous as a song, except if you count "like I lost my twin". I'm still deciphering this line, bc on one hand, Joe and Taylor *look* very similar, but Matty and Taylor are similiar, in the sense that they're both good songwriters, that have a large following and a big fanbase. I'll just put Down Bad there bc it's in the same key as the next song, Fortnight,so it sounds cohesive enough.

Fortnight & Florida are similar in a way that I feel like they're both fictional- Taylor has never actually been to Florida, like she has for tours, but she definitely hasn't been in the part of Florida she's talking about. Fortnight is interesting- it feels like she's making up a situation where she's married to someone (Matty?) but neighbours with an ex (Joe?)

I chose HDIE as Track 5, even though it isn't the best choice it's still extremely sad, and tbh I see it as a Joe track. They're not officially ended, but it's over in her head. SLL is a amazing track 5 but I needed it later so it works chronologically.

Tracks 6 and 7 is a little interlude about fame and the eras tour, I feel like they're connected.

Track 8 is where it really starts cooking. On Guilty As Sin, she's fantasizing, she wants the rat, she NEEDS him. She wants to break free, and she doesn't care if she's crucified.

On The Alchemy, she has possibly hooked up with him, or something else has happened between her and Ratty. She realizes she can't fight it anymore, the universe is telling her that it's meant to be. 

On SLL she realizes she can't live a double life, she has to let Joe go. The spirit is gone, it's over, and she knows it. 

On Fresh Out The Slammer, she's out of Joe's basement, she is a free woman! And now that she's free she can do whatever the fuck she wants. Who will she be calling first? Obviously the rat, and now they don't have to be secret about it.

On the next song, But Daddy I Love Him, she's in full delulu mode, head over heels for Matty, and she's trying to convince everyone it's gonna work out, and she doesn't give a shit that the whole world is against this relationship. Truly a modern day Love Story. 

On the I Can Fix Him, she's still deluluing herself, I can change him, he's gonna be fixed, until the end of the song, where she's like WHOA um- maybe I can't. 

On My Boy Only Breaks, it's ended. Matty saw a future with Taylor, something longterm, and suddenly realized he didn't want that. I like how the previous song mentions that SHE can fix him, and now on this one, there's a line where she says "Once I fix me, he's gonna miss me". There's a lot of lines that mention they had a history (2014) so this feels like a Matty song

On loml, it's truly over. She realized that it's all fake, and that he was truly hiding the awful person that he is. The whole time he was manipulating her with the idea of marrying and having kids someday, and then one day he just left her, burnt the whole relationship down, the curtain dropped and revealed his lies and carelessness.

The next song, TSMWEL, is the anger that Taylor is feeling after it's over, asking herself if someone hired Matty to mess her up, truly questioning how someone could do something so awful to someone else.

The last song, The Black Dog, is a perfect way to end the record. She's bored on her phone, and she's getting updates about Matty's location, and her seeing that he's at another bar inspires this beautiful track about how even though he'll find someone younger and prettier, she'll never get his references and understand him like Taylor did. 

And that's the end of my delusions!! I really need to find more hobbies, but this was fun. I enjoy listening to the album this way, it feels a lot more balanced. There's more bops between all the soul crushing songs, and it really tells a story. The only track I removed was Clara Bow, I have nothing against it, I just feel like it makes more sense to end the album with a postbreakup song, since this is clearly a breakup album.

Just now, plastiscguy said:

People saying it's a triple album... :eartha2: imagine how tired we are

no fucking way. people need to understand that yes, taylor is very productive, but she's not a machine that vomits out songs. Listen to the 31 track album she just released, and if you want more good music, stay tuned for the new St. Vincent album coming out Friday.