lola

Taylor Swift

I have literally listened to nothing else but this album this week. I already have scrobbled it 1,000 times. It's soooo good. I hate all the critics and Twitter warriors fighting about her being "too much" or "too rich" or "too big." 

The music is not about being a billionaire or being a beloved popstar, it's raw and real. I don't think I've clicked and related with an album this much since Red and NFR!

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

21 minutes ago, Mer said:

i'm pretty sure he identifies as straight - he said so in his Chicken Shop Interview last year. 

I know but he literally changes his mind every year or so😭 I’m actually a fan of the 1975 and he’s just changes his mind a lot I think he probably identifies as straight because romantically he only seems interested in women but also talks about sexuality a lot and did use the f-slur in a song so :defeated:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

my streams for guilty as sin are at 347 :ma:

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

and did use the f-slur in a song so :defeated:

ohh… :oprah2:

pskiQfS.jpeg

Your wife waters flowers, I wanna kill her 

1 minute ago, crazyforyou said:

my streams for guilty as sin are at 347 :ma:

ooh i still don't have a clear frontrunner, since I've mostly been looping the album front to back over and over LMAO. My top 5 are all between 70-90 steams per song and: 

1. So Long, London

2. Fortnight 

3. Who's Afraid...

4. Florida 

5. Fresh Out The Slammer 

I have no idea how many streams I have yet😭 I’m waiting for my Apple Music replay at the end of the month cause I tried to use last fm before and it wouldn’t automatically record my streams so it fucked it up

Just now, taco truck said:

I have no idea how many streams I have yet😭 I’m waiting for my Apple Music replay at the end of the month cause I tried to use last fm before and it wouldn’t automatically record my streams so it fucked it up

this is why i switched from Apple Music to Tidal. Last.FM integration natively + the hi res 

3 minutes ago, Aeryx said:

Fantano didn’t even give it a number. Red flannel review :eyeroll2:

Omg sorry this is activating my crazy swiftie side because that’s actually ridiculous. There is no way this album is THAT bad to people.

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Omg sorry this is activating my crazy swiftie side because that’s actually ridiculous. There is no way this album is THAT bad to people.

it can’t be. It’s stabilized at so many streams. All the criticism is around “ugh another song about her being the victim” or “she’s a billionaire” or “why is she everywhere” - but she’s barely even doing promo. She’s everywhere bc ppl write about her to get clicks. She’s not forcing anyone to consume anything - she’s basically dropped this album during a hiatus and barely said a word about it. 

1 hour ago, Aeryx said:

i’ve given up on him he’s just giving his personal bias and not rating the music 

update after my full listens my fav song is cassandra. probably my fav taylor song i’ve ever listened to overall!

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Aeryx said:

I will never understand the obsession with that bald tosser. Us dinosaur Lana fans remember the rampant misogyny he was piling on her in the early days. He's also just a shit reviewer. You've watched one video, you've watched them all.

2 hours ago, Mer said:

it can’t be. It’s stabilized at so many streams. All the criticism is around “ugh another song about her being the victim” or “she’s a billionaire” or “why is she everywhere” - but she’s barely even doing promo. She’s everywhere bc ppl write about her to get clicks. She’s not forcing anyone to consume anything - she’s basically dropped this album during a hiatus and barely said a word about it. 

sorry but no the fact that she’s been everywhere for the past few years is definitely  her own doing. also i feel like some of you guys are forgetting about the bigger picture. some fans got tired of her and some people are annoyed, as ever, it doesn’t change anything about the streams, or the money she makes from it, and the existence of some “reserves” definitely doesn’t make her an underdog by any means. she literally just got her 14th grammy.

7 minutes ago, Pink Flamingo said:

"Taylor cannot help herself from ripping off Lana Del Rey again and again and again" :horror2:

I honestly don’t see it.. because if she was then maybe I’d Stan Taylor.. I don’t see any similarities in her work 

I think calling it the tortured poets department caused people to make that link because Lana outwardly calls herself a poet and has released her poetry as well.. but other than that.. they are sonically and lyrically nothing alike

my husband was asking stepdaughter if she’d listened to Taylor’s new album and she said “no, I bet it’s just a copy and paste of Lana” and I was like no it’s nothing alike.. otherwise I’d be constantly streaming it.. and though I thought this record is better than her previous ones.. I’ve still had no desire to listen again unfortunately 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

Swifties 🤝 Fantano haters

We can all unite under the banner that Fantanos bald head ass opinion does not matter and he can go fuck himself :hooker:. But some serious thoughts, the entire “review” industry (especially in pop music) is all for clicks and engagement. 0.5/10 is absolutely insane. It would have to be AJR levels of bad to get that score. I feel like the hate amongst the GP though is split 50/50. they are either:

A: Sick of Swift and think she’s overrated (🙋‍♂️

or B: People who were going to hate on it regardless that didn’t even listen to the album first. They would put it in the category of “white girl” music and just call it trash right out the gate. These people would also talk shit about Lanas music. It’s ironic because these people tend to listen to hypebeast rap music like Drake and Yeat… so calling other music taste basic is really hypocritical.

All in all, i didn’t like the album. But the discourse around its reviews are going to be a clusterfuck just because it’s Swift and how popular she is.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

14 hours ago, Aeryx said:

Imogen Heap did amazing on Clean TV though. I loveee that new production personally. I was hoping she’d do some vault tracks. 

Amaaaazing, indeed. So much better than the old version, yup :nails:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Is This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

i think this is my ranking currently but this album is VERY hard to rank so idrk:

1. Florida!!!
  2. So Long, London
  3. Chloe or Sam or Sophia or Marcus
  4. The Black Dog
  5. The Tortured Poets Department
  6. How Did It End?
  7. My Boy Only Breaks His Favourite Toys
  8. Guilty As Sin?
  9. Fortnight
  10. I Look In People’s Windows
  11. I Can Do It With a Broken Heart
  12. The Albatross