Jump to content
lola

Taylor Swift

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Mer said:

Annoying. She can fuck off w her vinyls - they’ll be on YouTube 5 mins after midnight April 19th. 

this. when she shows us all of them, im going to pick my favorite cover picture and vinyl color, not even gaf about the songs. 

 

but i am curious as to how many there will be. this is so cringey but my prediction is 6 different ‘file names’ because there are 16 tracks and 1+6+6=13 :eek: 


Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself; I am large - I contain multitudes

 :justride:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not gonna write a whole thesis about the recent T.S hate/backlash but I will say that it’s really turning me away from most social media platforms. Every video lately has been about some thing about the Grammys or the Super Bowl and reading comment sections on Taylor related posts is horrifying lately. I will say that I find the jet memes HILARIOUS and I never get sick of em- she should get dragged for that 100% 

 

Anyways I hope TTPD is a masterpiece so people can stop making fun of her lyricism and remember the talented songwriter she is :true:

What she said at the eras tour last night about this being a cathartic album and being important to write gives me higher hopes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

I’m not gonna write a whole thesis about the recent T.S hate/backlash but I will say that it’s really turning me away from most social media platforms. Every video lately has been about some thing about the Grammys or the Super Bowl and reading comment sections on Taylor related posts is horrifying lately. I will say that I find the jet memes HILARIOUS and I never get sick of em- she should get dragged for that 100% 

 

Anyways I hope TTPD is a masterpiece so people can stop making fun of her lyricism and remember the talented songwriter she is :true:

What she said at the eras tour last night about this being a cathartic album and being important to write gives me higher hopes. 

I feel the same exact way, everything you said lol. And don’t get me started on the satanic accusations and transvestigators :sideeye:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An insider who claims to have heard the album says the TikTok leaks are not real and the album will have a very “different” and “unexpected” sound. Take with a grain of salt bc it’s hearsay of hearsay…


Also if we are to believe this is the Joever album, the way Speak Now was the Mayer album—she might include touches of Joe’s favorite music/genres just to mess with him—and apparently Joe loved Bon Iver’s i,i glitch-pop sound 


0-D9-B4-BAE-A7-F2-4-FF4-93-FB-F863-B500-

find someone who looks at you the way Lana looks at Taylor Swift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mer said:

An insider who claims to have heard the album says the TikTok leaks are not real and the album will have a very “different” and “unexpected” sound. Take with a grain of salt bc it’s hearsay of hearsay…


Also if we are to believe this is the Joever album, the way Speak Now was the Mayer album—she might include touches of Joe’s favorite music/genres just to mess with him—and apparently Joe loved Bon Iver’s i,i glitch-pop sound 

Tbh I don’t see her wanting to mess with Joe in the way she wanted to fuck with John because I am assuming they have mutual respect given they were together for 6 years. Also I do think we are going to get a good amount of tea on some of the more secretive parts of the relationship:brows:

 

Though I am very down for a Bon Iver/Glitch pop sound, maybe she listened to Azealia and is taking inspo from The Shins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, IanadeIrey said:

I feel like her shtick lately is trying to be a “poet” of Lana’s calibre but missing the mark completely. I can’t put my finger on it but it just feels so inauthentic. Shout out to Red, though. 

I'm NOT a hater but 100% this :smokes2:

I still really, really hate the title. She deadass watched Dead's Poet's Society, got out her thesaurus and went, "aha! Tortured Poet's Department". It's not original imo. She should channel Lana and change it without warning or explanation

 


ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

I'm NOT a hater but 100% this :smokes2:

I still really, really hate the title. She deadass watched Dead's Poet's Society, got out her thesaurus and went, "aha! Tortured Poet's Department". It's not original imo. She should channel Lana and change it without warning or explanation

 

She didn't get it from the movie, it's a reference to Joe's groupchat he named Tourtured Mens Club it something

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rorman Nockwell said:

She should channel Lana and change it without warning or explanation

The Swifties couldn’t handle 2019-2021 Lana with White Hot Forever, Chemtrails Over The Country Club, Rock Candy Sweet, Loved You Then And Now, and Blue Banisters 

 

And then rumor she changed it for a 3rd time 😭 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

And then rumor she changed it for a 3rd time 😭 

Santa Monica Sinners😭😭


Do I contradict myself? Very well then, I contradict myself; I am large - I contain multitudes

 :justride:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of want this album to serve some hazy atmospheric indie folk rock like FIILY/Cinnamon girl/How to disappear/Tulsa Jesus Freak/Dark But Just A Game/Dance Til We Die

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was listening to ivy yesterday, all the way through, for the first time in a while, and damn! It may be her most well written song to date, in my opinion. The (2!!) bridges are immaculate and her vocals are so good :true: "Crescent moon, coast is clear, spring breaks loose, but so does fear, he's gonna burn this house to the ground" now THOSE are some lyrics that could cut glass :trisha: I hope her writing is as good on TTPD, she promised us songwriting and we better get it! :excited:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another alternate variant just announced with bonus track “The Albatross”

So far I like this cover the best actually, I can’t describe it, there’s just a certain feeling about it I resonate with somehow x

IMG-0241


49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My god.

 

There is a culture of FOMO in the Taylor fandom that she actively and purposefully encourages in her messaging and it's always, always, always packaged in a way that makes the die hard fans think it's not a trick. And for the most part, it's actually tricks that give them something -- like having a secret song unique to each show of a tour. This is great and special for fans at each show, but it also encourages fans to seek out content online for EVERY show to see EVERY new moment - boosting her social media metrics. It also encourages fans-of-means to go to multiple shows and to spend thousands of dollars doing so. Part of what she achieves by all the secret messaging hinting at what's next doubles down on the FOMO culture - you have to stay ever-present in the Taylorsphere to catch them all, and you have to post about it online and discuss it with each other. Yes, it's lovely that it creates a community, but it creates superfandom and tricks people into feeling like they need to purchase every vinyl and every deluxe edition in order to qualify as a superfan.

No one else does this. I completely understand how it's fun and exciting for the fans. But call a spade a spade, a capitalist a capitalist, and a woman seeking domination a woman seeking domination. This is absurd.


IMG-7960.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...