RileyThomas

Nicki Minaj

20 minutes ago, comeintomybedroom said:

i think its safe to say that most of the people here are white gays and white gays hated pink friday and roman reloaded when they were released so why are you saying this album isnt a good follow up to something that took you years to get

anyways fallin 4 u hive stand up

now u know damn well race has nothing to do with it :air:

3 hours ago, comeintomybedroom said:

i think its safe to say that most of the people here are white gays and white gays hated pink friday and roman reloaded when they were released so why are you saying this album isnt a good follow up to something that took you years to get

White gays literally gobbled up both of those when they came out

3 hours ago, comeintomybedroom said:

the delusion :deadbanana: this half-assed unfinished mixtape is nowhere near being this ahead of its time masterpiece you're painting it out to be. most of the intro track's a sped up version of when the party's over by Billie Eilish like get real for one second :lmao: this is not even close to being a good follow up to Pink Friday (one of the best albums of the 2010s)

qfrWuBl.png

10 hours ago, comeintomybedroom said:

Fallin 4 U finally grew on me haha

Tbf I don't understand the entire hate of the album. I only have a few issues and one of them is I feel like Nicki herself is obviously disorganised this era, whereas with other eras she was completely flawless and sharp minded. There was never last minute changes. I'm starting to wonder if it's intentional and that she has some mastermind plan and that all this cd and vinyl misprint stress etc etc is some sort of set up or smth but I'm very unsure. 

My other issue is that it's not necessarily cohesive. The tracklist feels rushed and shuffled. And maybe the sampling is a little much too, it's something I'm not so fond of unless there's an artistic meaning or easter egg etc. So for example I don't get the Billie or Blondie samples. The heart of glass sample isn't bad but if I had to take that out of the song I probably would. The Billie sample is also the most underwhelming track imo and she could have easily done so much more with that song. Especially with it's dedication to Papa Bear. 

And back to the tracklist: it would have been so much smoother if she did it like this:

Spoiler

1. Are You Gone Already 

2. Barbie Dangerous 

3. RNB

4. FTCU

5. Beep Beep 

6. Fallin 4 U

7. Let Me Calm Down 

8. Big Difference 

9. Red Ruby Da Sleeze 

10. Foward From Trini 

11. Pink Birthday 

12. Last Time That I Saw You 

13. My Life 

14. Needle 

15. Cowgirl 

16. Pink Friday Girls 

17. Super Freaky Girl 

18. Blessings 

19. Nicki Hendrix 

Deluxe

20. Everybody 

21. Bahm Bahm 

22. Just The Memories 

That's just my opinion tho. I'm incredibly obsessed with alot of the songs. There's loads of great tracks, besides the first one, and I have to say Blessings is one of her best songs EVER. The production is so fucking good likeee.... And same for Nicki Hendrix. Oh and Foward From Trini is such a pussy popper. Nicki has definitely released alot of solid tracks and some of her best songs in her career in the last 24 hours. I suppose it was worth 5 years the wait, but maybe the actual tracklist has to grow on me. Queen still remains her most solid work to date for me and I hope I can take time to understand PF2 in the same way I do with her other albums. This rollout/era has just been a bit messy ykyk.

2 hours ago, cool3dworld said:

I am so confused by this album, the two different track lists etc help

It was basically rushed. The original tracklist was 10 songs but because she's on some creative high and is continually making music (and recorded a whole other album next to PF2 apprently, she's such a workaholic) she altered the tracklist because she felt it wasn't personal enough so she added more songs and prehaps didn't have enough time to pick the places carefully. I get the rush bc im sure she's trying to get vinyl sales or whatever it is

11 hours ago, comeintomybedroom said:

white gays hated pink friday and roman reloaded

white gays most definitely loved roman reloaded lmao roman holiday? starships? pound the alarm? whip it? automatic? beautiful sinner? all beloved tracks by the white sissies 

Honestly pink friday 2 was underwhelming, which is sad bc I was actually excited for this album :delish2: 

there’s a couple songs that id listen to again but the rest feels a bit mediocre. I do love a good sample but there’s so many that it feels overdone. OG pink friday will always be superior 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

17 minutes ago, finalgirl said:

it’s so good, Pink Friday 2 brought out a bunch of bops! Big Difference, FTCU, Beep Beep, Pink Friday Girls… the list goes on

Ur so right. Foward From Trini is such a pussy popper like :understand:

54 minutes ago, keps2013 said:

it definitely does lmao

Well tbh i see alot of poc fucking with pf2, and other poc having the same view: its disorganised. Everyone of different race I've seen online have a share fair of opposite opinions so not liking the album isnt a case of "you wouldn't get it because ur white". Therefore race is irrelevant.

On 4/27/2013 at 8:17 PM, Pretend said:

If you're a Nicki fan you should sign up to nickiboards.com tbh  :creep:

We'll be posting exclusives at 635/640/645/650 members  :creep:

Someone should reinvent that forum

I wanted to listen to this album but the opening song reminded me of autumn 2018 and now I am deep in my feels listening to WTPA 😭😭😭😭

This has absolutely nothing to do with Nicki Minaj but I never realized I was grieving the life pre-pandemic me could’ve had if the events of 2020 didn’t happen 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

I can’t believe she hyped this album like it was going to be some sort of major cultural phenomenon when it’s literally just a bloated rap album filled with annoying, shoehorned samples. She’s not even that good of a rapper to pull it off either. There’s so many better rap/r&b/pop albums that had a bigger impact than whatever this is, let’s not even lie to ourselves :tiffany: