Viva

Lily Allen

On 12/23/2023 at 8:10 PM, evalionisameme said:

I mean she basically admitted that all the albums post it were cash grabs including it’s not me 💀 I think no shame was the only one where she said she didn’t make it for commercial reasons- even though it borrows the sound off her biggest hit in years- somewhere only we know :deadbanana:

there is not one song on no shame that sounds like somewhere only we know💀💀

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

19 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

there is not one song on no shame that sounds like somewhere only we know💀💀

You’re joking right?

3 and family man are piano ballads in the same vein which she never did prior to somewhere only we know 

21 minutes ago, Embach said:

oh we had to celebrate! hoping this means they'll repress alright still soonish as well. i get its inmiy 15th anniversary but alright still is the one that still barely even HAS a pressing. it's a shit pressing in shit packaging that's impossible to get which is heartbreaking since it's such a classic album that im sure so many people would love to have in their collections:true:

2 hours ago, Embach said:

“I’m writing away, and hopefully will, have something new for you to listen to soon. Keep your eyes peeled”

Could it finally be happening… after 6 years… new Lily music coming this year?? :trisha: 

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

1 hour ago, Elle said:

“I’m writing away, and hopefully will, have something new for you to listen to soon. Keep your eyes peeled”

Could it finally be happening… after 6 years… new Lily music coming this year?? :trisha: 

we need another alright still!!!

banner.png

suffer does the wolf crawling to thee

15 hours ago, imbennett said:

oh we had to celebrate! hoping this means they'll repress alright still soonish as well. i get its inmiy 15th anniversary but alright still is the one that still barely even HAS a pressing. it's a shit pressing in shit packaging that's impossible to get which is heartbreaking since it's such a classic album that im sure so many people would love to have in their collections:true:

Watch this still not have the b sides so we’ll never get a full “deluxe version” 

we want f*g hag and why and Kabul shit on one vinyl!! (Maybe even her womaniser cover)

Also what is the deal with the alright still pressing like why did regal do this even in 2006/2007 trying to mimic dj records from the 90s. Like the promotional 2006 pressing I might understand since it was promotional but the version that was released in stores in 2007 still sharing that same design (also annoyed that 2007 press is the only way to get Cheryl tweedy on vinyl as the smile physical single came with remixes on the b side and not the b sides that came with the single on cd) and although I don’t notice it apparently it sounds really flat and my copy (which is the 2006 promo one with the sticker) is really scratched and banged up from age so that doesn’t help.

Another point that baffles me is when HMV repressed her first 2 albums but decided to make the alright still vinyl directly mimic the original 2006 version not even the 2007 version with the bonus tracks and logo on the sticker and they still messed up trying to mimic it as they didn’t make a die cut sleeve and recreated the sticker with a font that isn’t very close to the original pressing. HMV also for some reason made the inmiy vinyl in much higher quantity and kept the alright still vinyl very rare.

One day we may get the physical copy with the b sides and covers on a second lp and a proper album cover and a proper gatefold but I guess until then we stay whining because I can’t hear absolutely nothing on vinyl yet.

Also she was absolutely KILLING it with covers in this era like her cover of up the junction id love to see a high quality version on streaming

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

she's quite relevant on tiktok and twitter lately ive never personally listened to her but its nice to see her succeed and bring in new fans

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7

She’s been going viral over her Beyoncé comments, tbh it kinda pisses me off that you can’t say anything about her without being labelled a “racist”- I listened to cowboy carter and found it bland with some nice harmonious vocal layers. Lily definitely was right that some of the album campaign felt unnecessary and too calculated e.g. the overly blonde hair and the cowboy outfits- it feels more like her image is country than the music itself 

55 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

She’s been going viral over her Beyoncé comments, tbh it kinda pisses me off that you can’t say anything about her without being labelled a “racist”- I listened to cowboy carter and found it bland with some nice harmonious vocal layers. Lily definitely was right that some of the album campaign felt unnecessary and too calculated e.g. the overly blonde hair and the cowboy outfits- it feels more like her image is country than the music itself 

literally i hate this too, she made a good point and people are so crazy that they can’t even hear it without labeling her as racist or envious of beyonce

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

She’s making a country album in Nashville btw 

Wait but Lana was recording her new album in Nashville as well :oprah7:

url%5D

azealia's story omfg...

image04.gif?v=7de1b8f7