Viva

Lily Allen

On 12/11/2023 at 10:48 PM, evalionisameme said:

The vinyl rip of it’s not me it’s you sounds way better btw surprisingly considering it’s a lower quality format :deadbanana:

Way better than what? My inmiy vinyl doesn’t sound that good

young, wild, free but most of all fucking crazy

image.pngScreenshot-20230604-121919-Instagram-1.j

GEi7EdJW0AEEfOR_2.jpg?ex=65c3d371&is=65b

2 hours ago, williamprb said:

Way better than what? My inmiy vinyl doesn’t sound that good

My rip sounds pretty good tbh other than him which is a bit too sibilant- I just find the beats on the digital release annoying and too up front- sounds really synthetic- maybe it depends what vinyl version you have- some people like really loud masters so I imagine some love the digital 

8 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

My rip sounds pretty good tbh other than him which is a bit too sibilant- I just find the beats on the digital release annoying and too up front- sounds really synthetic- maybe it depends what vinyl version you have- some people like really loud masters so I imagine some love the digital 

Yeah, lily masters are hit or miss.

For example alright still (it could just be me) sounds really boomy and overly bassy in a way that almost distorts it

21 hours ago, williamprb said:

Yeah, lily masters are hit or miss.

For example alright still (it could just be me) sounds really boomy and overly bassy in a way that almost distorts it

I actually don’t mind alright still compared to its sequel master wise but there’s not a lot of range dynamically- again I think it depends what version you have? The CD rip is a bit different to the apple MPEG version I think but can’t verify off the top of my head.

Even still it’s my fav Lily album- It flows so well for me 

Hmm just relistened to sheezus and think more negatively to it than when it came out :deadbanana: the quality drop for me is quite big from its not me- she kinda sounds overwhelmed or washed out on most of the songs like she was fed the lines.

I do genuinely like the title track though and URL badman despite that songs dated beats.

I feel like she was semi before her time critiquing Stan culture of using women as internet proxies by gay men aswell as baity fued headlines amongst female singers.

3 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Someone leak the original no shame with Emilie haynie- @111 you know what to do 

We were robbed 

Flume, Mark Ronson, Ariel Rechtshaid, Kaytranada and Emile Haynie,

Instead we got good piano ballads and boring tropical pop and snooze bops 

oh get her boring ass

18 hours ago, williamprb said:

Sheezus isn’t super bad it just aged very quickly and is not as strong lyrically.

the thing is: Sheezus has bops but doesnt have "Lily Allen" the artist. Its like she sang the songs but her pressence was nowhere to be seen.

Anyways, Close Your Eyes, title track, URL, Take My Place, Life For Me, Our Time and the cover of Somewhere only we know are my favs. Hard Out Here is a little bit corny and try-hard to tick that feminist box but still, a fun, quirky, vulgar bop for days.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

4 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

For some :deadbanana: let’s be honest nobody uses it aside from the few hardcore no shame stans 

I love no shame tho but Alright still is THAT GORL. 

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

19 minutes ago, SalvaWHORE said:

I love no shame tho but Alright still is THAT GORL. 

I mean she basically admitted that all the albums post it were cash grabs including it’s not me 💀 I think no shame was the only one where she said she didn’t make it for commercial reasons- even though it borrows the sound off her biggest hit in years- somewhere only we know :deadbanana:

3 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

the thing is: Sheezus has bops but doesnt have "Lily Allen" the artist. Its like she sang the songs but her pressence was nowhere to be seen.

Anyways, Close Your Eyes, title track, URL, Take My Place, Life For Me, Our Time and the cover of Somewhere only we know are my favs. Hard Out Here is a little bit corny and try-hard to tick that feminist box but still, a fun, quirky, vulgar bop for days.

i think my faves r hard out here, silver spoon, our time and url badman