Sign in to follow this  
Nino

Miley Cyrus covers Summertime Sadness

Listened to the complete cover. Although I'm not a fan of Miley, it's good advertising for Lana.

An honour if someone covers one of your songs I think. The cover is not bad but Miley's nasal voice makes me shiver.

I prefer Lana's original song :yesnod:

That's it Lana get dat promo :flop:

Now return the favor and cover Wrecking Ball plz :hoe:

I dont doubt she would retribute the favor and cover one of Mileys songs tbh. Lana is old school.

Now if only Miley did a cover of So legit

glgcDdT.gif

I dont doubt she would retribute the favor and cover one of Mileys songs tbh. Lana is old school.

Now if only Miley did a cover of So legit

Miley is done here.

Now let Madonna cover So Legit :brows:

:lmao: can U imagine??ohhh would be a hilarious shade :deadbanana:

It would be beautiful :whitney:

Such a huge scandal though, like, I don't know...I guess it wouldn't be the VMA's Miley kind of controversy, but it would be BIG. :godlaugh:

I really don't care about Miley--nothing against her or whatever. But this sounds like a nasally inclined 12-year-old girl's shrieky cover posted to tumblr. Maybe it just didn't suit Miley lyrically or vocally, idk, because she does have some good songs. 

there is a light & it never goes out

(And it was nice to see she really does have a good voice in a stripped-down setting.)

But we've all known this for years!! Haven't you ever listened to a Hannah Montana album?  :noparty:

Anyway, I can't stand the cover tbh.. Her country twang just does not work for this song. I honestly don't think it'd sound right for her to cover any of Lana's songs just because their voices are so different, and like some other people have said, Miley's voice is just so distinct and can come off odd when the music isn't written for her. 

14417469274.gif

ugghh her covers always slay   she does a better job at Jolene than Dolly Parton :oopna:

This is literally impossible. Science won't allow it.

tumblr_mv33l3bH451re0c97o1_400.gif

Empress Dolly>>

To be perfectly honest, I think she killed it from "Think I'll miss you forever..." til the very end.

As much as she pisses me off, Miley is a damn good singer. I like that you can tell she really appreciates the song and admires Lana and I respect her for showing it. Especially when it's usually pettiness and competition among celebs nowadays.

In fact I have noticed a lot of artists are like that with Lana. They don't like her because they have to, to fit in or to conform. They honestly like her, admire her and enjoy her work and are willing to speak to how good she really is, regardless of what critics say. Lana has a lot of influential fans.

I like it :yesnod: