Sam Gho

Lana’s Fib About Her Age-Some Thoughts

Awesome stalking there! You've really thought that through. And, c'mon, it shouldn't be a big deal but there's gotta be a mysterious reason why she's lied about her age. I mean, why would you bother if there was nothing to hide - it's only one year younger but I so want to know what happened in that 'missing' year.

tumblr_inline_mpf5hqIjBE1ruk3rs.gif

I have a pet theory but it's pretty fucking dark:

Given Lana's obsession with death and dead celebrities, have you ever wondered if she was planning to join the 27 Club? Perhaps she just wanted to give herself an extra year first. Yeah, I have a pretty sordid imagination.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Given Lana's obsession with death and dead celebrities, have you ever wondered if she was planning to join the 27 Club? Perhaps she just wanted to give herself an extra year first. Yeah, I have a pretty sordid imagination.

People won't be listening to her next year :O

Such a terrible thought, I think it is something she has hinted obliquely about, but I really hope she keeps it as just a fantasy. She has so much to give, and live for, and really not too many reasons to be that unhappy.

This may also explain why she didn't want to even discuss her birthday on the Radio 1 interview with Fearne Cotton (who had baked her those squished cupcakes). I thought that was kind of strange but did not think too much about it before the birthday thing came up on this forum.

Short of a long-form birth certificate, this is about the most conclusive evidence she was born in 1985 you could get. You can pull up her voter registration info in the state of New York here entering the county (Essex) and zip code (12946) of her hometown of Lake Placid and her June 21, 1985 date of birth:

7Lpw8Fh.png

If you enter June 21, 1986 it does not work:

jH4o90k.png

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Youth sells more in the music biz. From Mozart to now that's how it goes. If 1D were even 5 years older they wouldn't be what they are. It's the same way with Taylor Swift--though she is a talented songwriter.

I can imagine record companies wanting Lana to be younger, but Lana's music I think isn't dependent on age. 

this reminds me of when paloma faith lied about her age, turns out she's not 28, instead she's 32. but with lana, it's only 1 year. the thing about the 27 club kind of would make sense. ah well. is there seriously a difference between 27 and 28 anyway? i'd be more shocked if she turned out to be 40.

4r9w86.jpg