Sam Gho

Lana’s Fib About Her Age-Some Thoughts

But then, wouldn't she be a year older? Most people lie and say they're older to get into a bar because you need to be 18-21... not younger.

oh yeah lol didn't think that one through

Sorry for reviving this thread and sorry for being a massive stalker but I absolutely need to see this voter information and when I type the correct information it doesn't work. Is it because I'm in the UK? Am I the only one for who it doesn't work? Am I typing the wrong info? Omg I just need to know.

ZKcaooE.png

Sorry for reviving this thread and sorry for being a massive stalker but I absolutely need to see this voter information and when I type the correct information it doesn't work. Is it because I'm in the UK? Am I the only one for who it doesn't work? Am I typing the wrong info? Omg I just need to know.

Yeah, it's not working for me anymore either. She's probably been dropped from the New York voter rolls since she hasn't lived there for some time.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

@@annedauphine @@evilentity I might have taken a screenshot and held on to it because I am so NOT creepy...

Edit: Image removed.

Oops sorry I forgot it was blurred out originally... It was like three years ago

Edited by Lanakai
I blurred out info my screenshots for a reason. I'm not sure we need to be publishing Lana's parents' address, not that it's not easy to look up.

@@annedauphine @@evilentity I might have taken a screenshot and held on to it because I am so NOT creepy...

Edit: Image removed.

Oops sorry I forgot it was blurred out originally... It was like three years ago

Omg, if you would be kind enough to PM me if possible the screenshot I will literally be your slave.

ZKcaooE.png

This article has some interesting points about women in entertainment changing their ages and what happens when their backgrounds are brought into question.

Interesting article, thanks for the link! Honestly, I don't have a problem with an entertainer lying about their age/upbringing/background etc. I think it's just sad that we live in such a superficial world where people actually define others by age, cultural background etc. and then people/labels/other management feel the need to hide the truth.

Seeming Lana herself never lied and it was just the lazy pressed that couldn't be bothered to stop repeating something, figures though Lana gets blamed.

BTW, how old is Bob Dylan? How old was he in 1973?  1999?  Does anyone ever care what a male's age is?

It's all just superficial and petty for the media to care as it is sexist. But then all the media is sexist, especially the music media.

And interviews done in say May but not released until October would obviously have the different age just in that.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

This article has some interesting points about women in entertainment changing their ages and what happens when their backgrounds are brought into question.

wow. long but interesting read. its probably more common than people think. the things people will do for fame and fortune..

still, many are honest and straight shooters. its probably 50/50. take your side..i think the problem for many, is the need to

'color' things up, to make things more exciting. who would watch a show with no 'drama'..

BTW, how old is Bob Dylan? How old was he in 1973?  1999?  Does anyone ever care what a male's age is?

It's all just superficial and petty for the media to care as it is sexist. But then all the media is sexist, especially the music media.

Bob Dylan never capitalized on his looks or sex appeal though, and even though I find him very attractive in his prime, it was never the general consensus nor was he ever marketed to the public on that basis. It is true that age is a much less relevant factor for men even when they are sex symbols, but men and women judge attractiveness based on different criteria, and this age/attractiveness disparity for women existed long before the music industry did. You could also argue it's unfair and sexist that hordes of marginally/not at all talented women make it in the entertainment industry on a regular basis due to their looks, something men can usually only achieve when they're very young and marketed toward preteen girls.

I also have to disagree that it's 'superficial and petty' to care about an artist's age, unless you just meant people nitpicking about the exact figure? Every age comes with its own set of values, ideals, influences and aspirations, and the ability for fans to relate to these is very important for most artists.

This is rather silly! Whether she was 26 or 25 what difference does it make? You are still in your 20's and by all definitions young! As a 26 year old man I often get called a child by woman in their mid 30's. I am not hitting on them or anything I just talk to them at a bar and they ask my age and tell them 26 and then suddenly I get 'wow your young.' I did read an interview she gave where she basically did not comment on it beyond clarifying that she was in fact born in 1985. Whatever, an amazing young women who has the potential to become a music legend. 

This is rather silly! Whether she was 26 or 25 what difference does it make? You are still in your 20's and by all definitions young! As a 26 year old man I often get called a child by woman in their mid 30's. I am not hitting on them or anything I just talk to them at a bar and they ask my age and tell them 26 and then suddenly I get 'wow your young.' I did read an interview she gave where she basically did not comment on it beyond clarifying that she was in fact born in 1985. Whatever, an amazing young women who has the potential to become a music legend. 

:lanasrs: