Sam Gho

Lana’s Fib About Her Age-Some Thoughts

in your country they don't believe that?

:eartha:

who really cares about her age tbh i dont think its relevant to her career?

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I know she is 28 years old but in my country they don't believe me. I need direct proof. Please send me. I searched here but i couldn't found

Here's a post that gives a pretty complete rundown of all the evidence she's a year older. Most of the supporting evidence is linked in that post except for two photos of her from December 1987 where she looks older than 18 months to me and information about her entering grade levels at school normal for someone born in the summer of 1985, not 1986. That evidence is in that thread's original post.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

She probably just wanted to add another year to make it in the music business before she got "too old".  Nothing unusual about that; people in the entertainment industry have been lying about their age forever.  Maybe it was intentional, maybe someone got the date wrong and she just went with it.  Not being famous, she probably didn't think at the time anyone would ever even look into it. 

I read a theory on here awhile ago that said she might have lied about her age when she was younger to get into bars and maybe that extra year on her fake ID just stuck with her all this time? Seemed pretty plausible to me. 

When I bought Born To Die earlier this year, I read Lana was 27.  After her birthday, suddenly Wikipedia, LanaWiki, and other online sources cite her age as being 29.  What happened?!  lol Who is right? I thought she was 28, born in 1986.  Now she's 29, born in 85.  Can someone clarify which is true, please?

She's 29 and was born in 1985. Her label lied about her age by a year and actually tried to lie about it by two years, once. Copyright websites and publishing agencies have her year of birth listed as 1985, as well as her personal facebook account, among other things. 

l2Sq4K7gijMLVChUI.gif

When I bought Born To Die earlier this year, I read Lana was 27.  After her birthday, suddenly Wikipedia, LanaWiki, and other online sources cite her age as being 29.  What happened?!  lol Who is right? I thought she was 28, born in 1986.  Now she's 29, born in 85.  Can someone clarify which is true, please?

I merged your thread into this one since it was a duplicate topic. I think you'll find this helpful:

Here's a post that gives a pretty complete rundown of all the evidence she's a year older. Most of the supporting evidence is linked in that post except for two photos of her from December 1987 where she looks older than 18 months to me and information about her entering grade levels at school normal for someone born in the summer of 1985, not 1986. That evidence is in that thread's original post.

It finally changed on Wikipedia now since the recent Rolling Stone article that said she's actually 29 even though she's usually reported to be a year younger. Methinks someone's been reading this forum. :teehee:

I don't know whats the big deal tbh. Most women and some men lie about there age for many reasons. Just one of white lies that dont hurt anyone i guess....

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

She probably just wanted to add another year to make it in the music business before she got "too old".  Nothing unusual about that; people in the entertainment industry have been lying about their age forever.  Maybe it was intentional, maybe someone got the date wrong and she just went with it.  Not being famous, she probably didn't think at the time anyone would ever even look into it. 

Exactly. It does make you wonder who reads these message boards besides the fans. D:

maybe someone got the date wrong and she just went with it. Not being famous, she probably didn't think at the time anyone would ever even look into it.

Early profiles before she was famous got her age right. It wasn't until she started doing press in the wake of the viral success of "Video Games" that her age was revised down a year, in some cases two years, which suggests management involvement to me.

I don't know whats the big deal tbh.

In and of itself it isn't necessarily. But it just seems like a stupid thing to do nowadays when so much information is online and it can be easily verified. She's really lucky this didn't emerge during the height of the falsely premised label creation backlash. It would have just added fuel to the fire and could have really come back to bite her. Although the media got a lot of things wrong about her, this was one of a number of false things she said about herself. I think there's a certain degree of hypocrisy in her criticizing the media for making things up about her when she was spinning her own fabrications.

It bothers me, too - mainly because it's such a small point, it doesn't seem worth lying about - whether she was forced to or chose to.  And partly because I liked being the same age as Lana. ;) haha

But it DOES make sense, time-line-wise.  I kept thinking, "All these things she's talking about, you can't fit all that in between ages 14-28."  She said she was in boarding school 4 years, she was with K two or three years, with that executive guy for SEVEN years, etc.  Add in Alabama and Brooklyn, and even with cross-over events it's lacking a good year or more to make sense.

She IS an enigma! ;)

I merged your thread into this one since it was a duplicate topic. I think you'll find this helpful:

It finally changed on Wikipedia now since the recent Rolling Stone article that said she's actually 29 even though she's usually reported to be a year younger. Methinks someone's been reading this forum. :teehee:

Thank you!  I'm glad to know! :)

Short of a long-form birth certificate, this is about the most conclusive evidence she was born in 1985 you could get. You can pull up her voter registration info in the state of New York here entering the county (Essex) and zip code (12946) of her hometown of Lake Placid and her June 21, 1985 date of birth:

7Lpw8Fh.png

If you enter June 21, 1986 it does not work:

jH4o90k.png

I feel like a stalker. ;) I had to search it myself to see what political party she is. Not that I'm surprised, but I just love her more and more every day!

I read a theory on here awhile ago that said she might have lied about her age when she was younger to get into bars and maybe that extra year on her fake ID just stuck with her all this time? Seemed pretty plausible to me. 

But then, wouldn't she be a year older? Most people lie and say they're older to get into a bar because you need to be 18-21... not younger.