Sign in to follow this  
lola

'Tropico' Out December 5 + Official Trailers

Guest Dot

Cedric Gervais is probably one of the worst remixers ever! He basically just puts Lana's acapellas over some shitty instrumental of his to make her songs sound cheap and generic.

EXCLUSIVE: Cecrid Gervais is the brain child behind the new versions on the EP, they will also be used in the film.  :makeup:

ya sure

'twas a joke

THAT IS NOT SOMETHING THAT SHOULD EVEN BE JOKED ABOUT.  :crossed:

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

i hope they choose a better pic for the EP Cover than that one used in the article bc the snake pic looks better and the used font in that picture is just hideous  :toofloppy:

Sources from Lana's team kind of confirmed the Artwork of the EP

The "new" songs won't be dramatically different I suppose.

They will probably be longer, but I don't think the vocal treatment changes, as it was the same with the different versions of Y&B as well.

I'm curious what they will sound like though

They will probably be longer, but I don't think the vocal treatment changes, as it was the same with the different versions of Y&B as well.

nonetheless I'd get SO excited if Lana recorded new vocals for Body Electric... the live version is much more unique and dramatic and I hope we'll get a studio version of it...

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx

nonetheless I'd get SO excited if Lana recorded new vocals for Body Electric... the live version is much more unique and dramatic and I hope we'll get a studio version of it...

It would be cool if she added the "I'm on fire, I'm on fire" lyrics and we had a studio version with those parts also in it

but I don't think we can compare the Y&B versions to this ones, the situation is kind of different here, they are getting a new direction to get along with the movie, at least this is what I understood!

I think Body Electric will be similar to the live version she performs on tour, but I have no single idea what can they do to the other 2!!!

Guest Dot

but I don't think we can compare the Y&B versions to this ones, the situation is kind of different here, they are getting a new direction to get along with the movie, at least this is what I understood!

I think Body Electric will be similar to the live version she performs on tour, but I have no single idea what can they do to the other 2!!!

I think they'll use orchestral drums and strings instead of the rock drums on Gods and Monsters to make it sound more dramatic and theatrical. I can see Bel Air sounding somewhat similar to the album version of Lucky Ones with bells and jingles, instead of piano and quiet drums only.

I think they'll use orchestral drums and strings instead of the rock drums on Gods and Monsters to make it sound more dramatic and theatrical. I can see Bel Air sounding somewhat similar to the album version of Lucky Ones with bells and jingles, instead of piano and quiet drums only.

Exactly!!!

holy fucking shit the new trailer 

ya i'm so confused, like why the fuck are there old, full screen clips interspersed with the actual widescreen footage? mess 

the rollercoaster clip is from mermaid motel. i love her grainy shit but i don't think her old and new should mix  

but it looks like we're getting more ~deep monologues in that special infant-slut timbre of hers 

:come2:

ZRBNill.jpg

Guest Dot

Howl, Parts I & II by Allen Ginsberg

For Carl Solomon

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness, starving  hysterical naked,dragging themselves through the negro streets at dawn looking for an angry  fix,angelheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the   starry dynamo in the machinery of night,who poverty and tatters and hollow-eyed and high sat up smoking in the  supernatural darkness of cold-water flats floating across the tops of  cities contemplating jazz,who bared their brains to Heaven under the El and saw Mohammedan angels  staggering on tenement roofs illuminated,who passed through universities with radiant cool eyes hallucinating Arkan-  sas and Blake-light tragedy among the scholars of war,who were expelled from the academies for crazy & publishing obscene odes  on the windows of the skull,who cowered in unshaven rooms in underwear, burning their money in  wastebaskets and listening to the Terror through the wall,who got busted in their pubic beards returning through Laredo with a belt   of marijuana for New York,who ate fire in paint hotels or drank turpentine in Paradise Alley, death, or  purgatoried their torsos night after nightwith dreams, with drugs, with waking nightmares, alcohol and cock and   endless balls,incomparable blind streets of shuddering cloud and lightning in the mind  leaping toward poles of Canada & Paterson, illuminating all the mo-  tionless world of Time between,Peyote solidities of halls, backyard green tree cemetery dawns, wine drunk-  enness over the rooftops, storefront boroughs of teahead joyride neon  blinking traffic light, sun and moon and tree vibrations in the roaring  winter dusks of Brooklyn, ashcan rantings and kind king light of  mind, [...]

And OMG @ 0:25 - 0:30 she's miming the lyrics of Bel Air!!!