Sign in to follow this  
lola

'Tropico' Out December 5 + Official Trailers

Summertime Sadness was released as a single from Born to Die though and not from Paradise :uh:

This is some messy but very clever advertising, I guess we'll just have to wait and see

I know, but the Paradise was a re-release which included Born To Die xD !  which practically is the same album  

I can't wait for this. It's honestly getting better by the teaser. I am building expectations  :makeup:  the cinematography looks spetacular. Slay me Lana.

a couple people comment on the Spring Breakers vibes and I get that too. Imagine a naked Franco appearing on the scream. My body...is clean the problem is my mind :$

Dia de Los Muertos, Elvis, Albino with a broken nose, Marie, Jesus, MM, strippers, Cholas that look like cholos, Lana.... only thing missing is midgets and my life would be complete. Hope is released at least at the short movies theater. :flutter:  Anyone knows if will be released in the shor movies theater in US?

I find it kind of odd the way her team is positioning this. Memo to Lana's team: There's already an EP with "Body Electric", "Gods & Monsters", and "Bel Air". It's called Paradise.

:uh:

Why not call it what it is, a short film with the music from it as bonus tracks? Also, this says it's available digitally on December 5th. Has anyone seen anything about a physical release? ("Physical release" sounds dirty. I digress.)

I share others' skepticism that Tropico is also a song. However, this thing is supposedly 30 minutes long. The length of those three songs combined clocks in well short of that. She might monologue us to death, but I'm expecting some acting with dialogue. (Anyone else find it ironic that Lana says she can't act, but then decides to forgo the conventional 3-minute music video format in favor of a short film that will likely require a significant amount of acting on her part?) Whether the rest of this is fleshed out with voice-over, dramatic dialogue, or wordless acting, I do expect the remainder of the running time will be scored. So I think we will get new music of some kind out of this. Probably variations on the other songs (similar to the Ride intro) but not necessarily with vocals.

I din't understand why they are putting out an EP with songs we already got in Paradise. Maybe that is what Lana was doing in her Center of Innovative Thinking (*cough* laughs *cough again) : create new ways to do a re-release ??

about her acting.....

I was a singer, not very popular one,
Who one had dreams of becoming a beautiful poet -

But upon an unfortunate series of events
Saw those dreams
And divided like a millions stars in the night sky
That I wished on over and over again - sparkling and broken

Maybe Lana will be a singer and most of her acting will be around actually singing and not speaking?

Anyway I don't think her acting in that  swiming pool short movie (can't remember the name...help) was bad was not amazinggggg but nothing career killing lol was good enought

glgcDdT.gif

I wouldn't really call what we see "pole dancing", she just holding a pole and gyrating wiith a wind machine, it's not like she'll be doing triple pole air spins and scissor leg combo attack moves, i don't think she had to learn much for it tbh.

AH ok I understand now thanks

B8wHSYZ.jpg

does tropico have a chance at being nominated as a short film for the golden globes? or is it too music-y? idk. i really want it to at least get nominated bc a theater in my town always shows the golden globe short film nominees for that year. and if i could see it in a theater :crying5:

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

i wonder if the tropico EP is going to have different instrumentation of the songs like how body electric had a different intro

I bet, I mean what's the point of releasing an EP from an EP if there were no differences!?

This is literally the first mention of that film on this forum. I think. I searched. How was this never discussed? :ohno:

What with Lana talkin bout a robotic pool-cleaner-thingy that cleans up shit :grinds:

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/1543-lizzy-grant-lana-in-the-short-film-poolside/?hl=poolside

http://lanaboards.com/index.php?/topic/1518-the-mike-mizrahi-movie-mystery-megapost/?hl=poolside

:welcome: