Sign in to follow this  
lola

'Tropico' Out December 5 + Official Trailers

WAIT A MINUTE

Is is still premiering in theaters and is she still going to do the New York/California thing? 

SOMEONE TELL ME :crying:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

I HAVE CHORUS AUDITIONS TOMORROW AND I SHOULD BE SLEEPING BUT OMGOMG I JUST SCREAMED AND I HAVE NO ONE TO TELLA ND WATCH IT WITH AND I JUST CANT IMD YING THOSE STRIPPING SCENES OH MY GOSHHHHHH AND I JUST CANT AHES TOO MCUHA HHHHHHHHHH

okay mini heart attack sirry

B8wHSYZ.jpg

The 30-minute piece is released on December 5th, and is supported by a four-track EP of the same name. Featuring the songs 'The Film 'Tropico'', 'Body Electric', 'Gods And Monsters' and 'Bel Air', the EP is available digitally from December 5th.

http://www.clashmusic.com/news/trailer-revealed-for-lana-del-reys-tropico

oh wait. Tropico is actually a song?

I find it kind of odd the way her team is positioning this. Memo to Lana's team: There's already an EP with "Body Electric", "Gods & Monsters", and "Bel Air". It's called Paradise.

:uh:

Why not call it what it is, a short film with the music from it as bonus tracks? Also, this says it's available digitally on December 5th. Has anyone seen anything about a physical release? ("Physical release" sounds dirty. I digress.)

I share others' skepticism that Tropico is also a song. However, this thing is supposedly 30 minutes long. The length of those three songs combined clocks in well short of that. She might monologue us to death, but I'm expecting some acting with dialogue. (Anyone else find it ironic that Lana says she can't act, but then decides to forgo the conventional 3-minute music video format in favor of a short film that will likely require a significant amount of acting on her part?) Whether the rest of this is fleshed out with voice-over, dramatic dialogue, or wordless acting, I do expect the remainder of the running time will be scored. So I think we will get new music of some kind out of this. Probably variations on the other songs (similar to the Ride intro) but not necessarily with vocals.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

So I think we will get new music of some kind out of this. Probably variations on the other songs (similar to the Ride intro) but not necessarily with vocals.

Well yeah that is kind of obvious, we will get the scores for sure.

And they will be heavenly, beautiful :flutter:

I find it kind of odd the way her team is positioning this. Memo to Lana's team: There's already an EP with "Body Electric", "Gods & Monsters", and "Bel Air". It's called Paradise.

:uh:

Why not call it what it is, a short film with the music from it as bonus tracks? Also, this says it's available digitally on December 5th. Has anyone seen anything about a physical release? ("Physical release" sounds dirty. I digress.)

I share others' skepticism that Tropico is also a song. However, this thing is supposedly 30 minutes long. The length of those three songs combined clocks in well short of that. She might monologue us to death, but I'm expecting some acting with dialogue. (Anyone else find it ironic that Lana says she can't act, but then decides to forgo the conventional 3-minute music video format in favor of a short film that will likely require a significant amount of acting on her part?) Whether the rest of this is fleshed out with voice-over, dramatic dialogue, or wordless acting, I do expect the remainder of the running time will be scored. So I think we will get new music of some kind out of this. Probably variations on the other songs (similar to the Ride intro) but not necessarily with vocals.

I have this feeling that Summertime Sadness will be the 4th track on the EP. I don't know if someone posted this picture yet but "Summertime Sadness" is listed in those posters:

tumblr_mwppqrk1b61qkn2mro1_500.jpg

it's weird because it already has a video?? 

edit: just saw that someone said those are posters for the Paradise edition so probably no new video but maybe it's on the EP if it's listed there

i76mrxw.png 

I have this feeling that Summertime Sadness will be the 4th track on the EP. I don't know if someone posted this picture yet but "Summertime Sadness" is listed in those posters:

tumblr_mwppqrk1b61qkn2mro1_500.jpg

it's weird because it already has a video?? 

edit: just saw that someone said those are posters for the Paradise edition so probably no new video but maybe it's on the EP if it's listed there

Summertime Sadness is on the poster of The Paradise Edition not Tropico's poster!

I just find it odd on that poster that they would write SS, with Bel Air, G&M + BE to promote paradise? Fair enough with SS as the remix was a worldwide hit but the others I don't get because surely it would say Ride as that was the lead single? Or maybe they put Summertime Sadness there so that people who aren't die hard Lana fans but just know of her because of SS will watch Tropico? I'm confused myself because I'm sure SS isn't in Tropico.

tumblr_mbs9cbxgQB1qh9kaoo1_500.gif

I really don't understand how people are misinterpreting things so much.

There are 2 different posters. 1 for Tropico.

The second for Born To Die: The Paradise Edition. Which features all the tracks listed... I really don't understand the confusion it has made here?

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

I just find it odd on that poster that they would write SS, with Bel Air, G&M + BE to promote paradise? Fair enough with SS as the remix was a worldwide hit but the others I don't get because surely it would say Ride as that was the lead single? Or maybe they put Summertime Sadness there so that people who aren't die hard Lana fans but just know of her because of SS will watch Tropico? I'm confused myself because I'm sure SS isn't in Tropico.

Ride was the first single LAST YEAR, they would have written Ride there if this was last year, but Summertime Sadness was the latest smash single from the album which people know from the radio, and the other three song, BE, GaM, BE are listed there because they are included in Tropico which will come out soon! so its a promotion for the upcoming and current stuff not the past ones :)!

and I think its pretty clever!

I hope she announces it on TV, or puts an ad or something! more people SHOULD know about this!

Ride was the first single LAST YEAR, they would have written Ride there if this was last year, but Summertime Sadness was the latest smash single from the album which people know from the radio, and the other three song, BE, GaM, BE are listed there because they are included in Tropico which will come out soon! so its a promotion for the upcoming and current stuff not the past ones :)!

and I think its pretty clever!

I hope she announces it on TV, or puts an ad or something! more people SHOULD know about this!

Summertime Sadness was released as a single from Born to Die though and not from Paradise :uh: 

This is some messy but very clever advertising, I guess we'll just have to wait and see