lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

I don't really buy into any of Lana's descriptions.  I do hope it's darker than the first.  Otherwise, I just see it as her way of hyping it.

u6pq4c9.gif

She's going to sing about really dark topics, I'm pretty sure. Lots of controversy. Look at the title. Ultraviolence. Domestic abuse. Violence. Death. Suicide. Sex. Lolita shit. 

Can't wait for feminist social justice bloggers & maybe Lorde to be super offended.

tumblr_ni9eu5I7Qh1qzmb8eo5_500.png

She's going to sing about really dark topics, I'm pretty sure. Lots of controversy. Look at the title. Ultraviolence. Domestic abuse. Violence. Death. Suicide. Sex. Lolita shit.

Can't wait for feminist social justice bloggers & maybe Lorde to be super offended.

This has to be true. :bodyisready:

lmao

But this reinforces Catch and Release as a good sound indicator :icant: Super dark and weird, with the line "the only way that you know how to love is fight." Except I'm sure it'll all be one million times more melancholy--that song still retains a weird positivity. The last chorus of Mermaid Motel and Motel 6 need to be channelled...I think those are the best examples of her going weird with melody and harmony in studio. And throw in Black Beauty with a good bridge. No more.

I honestly don't like Lana and Rob hyping the album up and I'm trying to ignore what they're saying so I'm not disappointed when I hear it. Because really, what's so dark it's almost unlistenable? Maybe super experimental industrial rock with screamed lyrics about child molestation or some shit. Lana's already sung about sex, death, suicide, violence and Lolita stuff and to some extent domestic violence but how much can she really write about it? I mean it's not like her life is riddled with darkness, she lives in a big house in L.A., goes to Starbucks every morning and sometimes drives to the beach with Barrie.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I honestly don't like Lana and Rob hyping the album up and I'm trying to ignore what they're saying so I'm not disappointed when I hear it. Because really, what's so dark it's almost unlistenable? Maybe super experimental industrial rock with screamed lyrics about child molestation or some shit. Lana's already sung about sex, death, suicide, violence and Lolita stuff and to some extent domestic violence but how much can she really write about it? I mean it's not like her life is riddled with darkness, she lives in a big house in L.A., goes to Starbucks every morning and sometimes drives to the beach with Barrie.

It depends. Many people claimed that Born to Die (especially the song) is too depressive and suicidal for them. If she goes even deeper this time...

Material possesion wont make you happy. It doesnt mean you cant suffer from depression if you own loads of shits. Wealthy life comes with its own darkness. 

It depends. Many people claimed that Born to Die (especially the song) is too depressive and suicidal for them. If she goes even deeper this time...

Material possesion wont make you happy. It doesnt mean you cant suffer from depression if you own loads of shits. Wealthy life comes with its own darkness. 

I don't mean that money doesn't make you happy, of course that isn't true but she's been saying that she's a lot happier now since she released Born to Die and I don't personally know her so I'm just going to have to believe her. I hope she doesn't keep writing about the darkness of her past, she's been singing about the past for so many years now, I hope she talks about the Born to Die era, her experience with fame and maybe backlash but more songs about Mike, Jimmy and K would just be boring. Black Beauty and AFFA were nice and sounded like a natural progression from Born to Die and Paradise but it was still very much in the same vein, and possibly a little too similar to that.

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

I don't mean that money doesn't make you happy, of course that isn't true but she's been saying that she's a lot happier now since she released Born to Die and I don't personally know her so I'm just going to have to believe her. I hope she doesn't keep writing about the darkness of her past, she's been singing about the past for so many years now, I hope she talks about the Born to Die era, her experience with fame and maybe backlash but more songs about Mike, Jimmy and K would just be boring. Black Beauty and AFFA were nice and sounded like a natural progression from Born to Die and Paradise but it was still very much in the same vein, and possibly a little too similar to that.

Im sure she is aware of the fact she cant keep singing about this cliche matter again. Most of these songs were pretty superficial tbh, some people just dont realize it over that cinematic production.  I wouldnt mind dark songs in the vein of Nirvana tho. Rape me is one of the songs which fits the description: so dark as almost unlistenable.

I hope there's really twisted vocals that clash with the instrumental

Like: heard you wanna go to rio BAByYyŷyyŶy.... Yes I've seen page six LaatelèëēeEEeyyeaauuhh

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

We find out what her asshole tastes like. :hooker:

Things that are bad always taste nice

Once you've had a taste

Of heaven my way

You'll be forever changed

They say that I'm like crack because my taste will change ya

OK, I'm done.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

right ! what does she mean with almost unlistenable ?? such a weird description that sounds so interesting that I'm afraid of being disappointed when I listen to the songs for the first time

lana-del-rey-high-by-the-beach_zpscfcsgx