lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Maybe we're putting so much effort on the title, 'Ultraviolence' might not even have a connection with the lyrics or melody. For example, 'Paradise' lyrics never pictured a perfect land so let's not think this album will entirely focus on violence topics. 

2wn4whw.png

I hope she doesn't go into the "Noir" direction ... THAT is unlistenable (no offense to anyone who likes the song, but after multiple spins I still can't like it)

"Cola" shocking is fiiiiiine by me ! 

Although I do miss the sweet red/brown Lana singing about love ..  :aw:

MDM-Lanaboards-Banner.jpg

I hope she doesn't go into the "Noir" direction ... THAT is unlistenable (no offense to anyone who likes the song, but after multiple spins I still can't like it)

If we do it like that, I think Push Me Down could give a direction about the album, both thematically and sonically, based on the title alone and her comments about it being totally dark/bad. That song is right there :creepna:

If we do it like that, I think Push Me Down could give a direction about the album, both thematically and sonically, based on the title alone and her comments about it being totally dark/bad. That song is right there :creepna:

Well, of course Rob loves the album. Lana is his daughter, that's no suprise he is a fan.

For her, the album is still very close, there is no distance cause it is so fresh. Emotions are running high and you can see in the video that she get shivers and is excited about it.

I have no doubt that the album will be good and I know that Universal has to allow sharing details, but something needs to happen soon and I don't mean "Tropico soon". And that we had to wait longer that she has thought of, was not her fault.

People shouldn't forget that this is a time where she is probably extremly nervous since BTD was / is such an amazing commercial success. If she fails, the crtics will be ruthless.

So dark it's almost unlistenable: Noir and Little Carmen

Mix that with its supposed beauty and I think we shouldn't expect Noir's screams but still some of the same daring approach, except in a studio setting with Emile's lushness. All I truly need from this description are layered harmonies.

I can't imagine it not being about her past again. Exploring the darker moments she's only touched on in her Lizzy Grant days, I hope.

right ! what does she mean with almost unlistenable ?? such a weird description that sounds so interesting that I'm afraid of being disappointed when I listen to the songs for the first time

In the end it's the quality of the music that will decide the album's fate. Haven't we heard enough of " album of the century" BS. When the hype died and Lana was only judged for her music. she went platinum. But you know Rob comes from Madison Av.

Don't know what to think about Ultraviolence.

If we have to believe the album's title it's even a little scary but it can be just the title. Reminds me of the difficulty level in some "first person shooter"-games

I'll just wait and see (listen) what's on it  when it's been released but I have to say I'm curious. But I'm looking forward to some new official LDR work :yesnod:

She's going to sing about really dark topics, I'm pretty sure. Lots of controversy. Look at the title. Ultraviolence. Domestic abuse. Violence. Death. Suicide. Sex. Lolita shit. 

Can't wait for feminist social justice bloggers & maybe Lorde to be super offended.

OMG Lorde....

"She's always singing about murdering people in her Bugatti Veyron, and as a feminist I don't support her."

I can see BCD being what Lana would call "almost unlistenable" it's got a lot going on -- organized chaos. I don't know if it'll be on there though.

u6pq4c9.gif

I can see BCD being what Lana would call "almost unlistenable" it's got a lot going on -- organized chaos. I don't know if it'll be on there though.

I completely agree. When i was listening to BCD in the car i was like, this sounds so chaotic with the random voice snippets and the chorus is all like fast-intense it's amazing but at the same time you're like "what the fuck.. why am i listening to this" ahahhaa

I wouldn't mind the BCD direction for Ultraviolence~ but i for some reason just can't imagine them together. To me BCD feels more electric and like an impulse where for some reason i imagine Ultraviolence to be more ~echoy~ i don't know ignore this last part hahaha

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

Not all the songs have to be dark.  Like I said, I'm not buying into anything Lana says.  I'm just saying that BCD is a good example of how one could describe "almost unlistenable".  I don't think it'll be on there because I just can't see it flowing well.

u6pq4c9.gif

How are you connecting BCD and Ultraviolence. So dark it's almost unlistenable???

Dark doesn't just have to mean it's about depression or alcohol dependency or whatever, it could be about like sex or **~naughty~** things. It could be like a bad relationship "everybody's saying you're no good for me.. but they don't see the dirty stuff you do to me".

I don't think BCD is gonna be on Ultraviolence, i just think that ~((sonically))~ a song could have a similar weird vibe to it

tumblr_mmkkluK6l81sp6362o1_500.png" />

I love the way LDR gig announcements can hype Ultraviolence (and LDR).

For example, if I were LDR, I would frame this:

I would have described LDR as "odd man out" rather than "wannabe" (because I like the irony), although maybe wannabe isn't fully a diss (or is actually complimentary) in this context. I love her name being used in the context of these others and her bad-ass-stare picture (an interesting one to use as it sort of channels Godzilla for me).

As for LDR, herself, "hyping" Ultraviolence: it seems important to me that even though she says it's "good", she mainly focuses on how it makes her feel (e.g., likes or is satisfied with it). This doesn't (strongly) imply that she thinks everybody else will like it (or that she even cares much about that). Whatever, her confidence now is a nice contrast to her confidence back then, when she wasn't even sure she had anything left to say after BTD.

I love the way LDR gig announcements can hype Ultraviolence (and LDR).

For example, if I were LDR, I would frame this:

I would have described LDR as "odd man out" rather than "wannabe" (because I like the irony), although maybe wannabe isn't fully a diss (or is actually complimentary) in this context. I love her name being used in the context of these others and her bad-ass-stare picture (an interesting one to use as it sort of channels Godzilla for me).

As for LDR, herself, "hyping" Ultraviolence: it seems important to me that even though she says it's "good", she mainly focuses on how it makes her feel (e.g., likes or is satisfied with it). This doesn't (strongly) imply that she thinks everybody else will like it (or that she even cares much about that). Whatever, her confidence now is a nice contrast to her confidence back then, when she wasn't even sure she had anything left to say after BTD.

"Wannabe" LOL , I'm sure the author of this never went to her legendary Vicar Street concerts. ( the ones with the underwear and the tears of emotion). I read another Irish opinion of her, I think it was the actual boss of the festival. He stated; Lana Del Rey is incredible live. (or something to that effect)