lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Well, she said that Tropico would be released in September. It was released in December. So by that logic we might get UV in August.

I also don't know how she would promote an album when she is on tour im April and May. And a video for the new single hasn't  even been made yet.

This is for sure not coming out anytime "soon". But hey, at least she got ha hair fixed. 

that's true  :judgingu:

tumblr_mu23eoC2GO1rfsim9o9_500.gif

The only thing that made me believe the "soon" comments was the April-May tour schedule. Who knows? Hence why we have 104 pages of pure speculation.

I think everyone started their own speculation based on literally anything that had to with music in general. Everyone's desperate lmao

But when the tour dates came out, I took it as promo. Who's to say the single isn't gonna be premiered at the first few tour dates? Isn't that how Body Electric started? Ok, it wasn't a single or done on a tour, but she performed it multiple times before anything substantial came out about Paradise. That's kinda what I think's happening.

When people were finishing buying their tickets, there was a placeholder for the album cover saying "soon." Yes, the word "soon" means nothing in any situation for any artist at this point, but due to Lana's mounting success, they did that for a reason. Her team is going to be smarter about this one, there's no doubt in my mind.

Plus a NA leg to the Paradise Tour would make no sense in any context at this point. She "closed" the era. I would assume it'd remain closed. Part of me thinks this NA leg is promo and then she'll drop UV tour dates for Europe at some point, then come back because the label can see she obviously sold well here.

I don't know how promo works in terms of release dates and tours, but I think everything's happening like it should. We got tour dates out of nowhere and now we have zero official news. They want us to be crazy about this release. And it's working. It'll be out "soon" :troll: there's no doubt in my mind that all of this was carefully planned in terms of making us wait with rumors flying all over on Twitter everyday. It's smart.

I was not expecting to type that much. Good byeeeee

I think everyone started their own speculation based on literally anything that had to with music in general. Everyone's desperate lmao

But when the tour dates came out, I took it as promo. Who's to say the single isn't gonna be premiered at the first few tour dates? Isn't that how Body Electric started? Ok, it wasn't a single or done on a tour, but she performed it multiple times before anything substantial came out about Paradise. That's kinda what I think's happening.

When people were finishing buying their tickets, there was a placeholder for the album cover saying "soon." Yes, the word "soon" means nothing in any situation for any artist at this point, but due to Lana's mounting success, they did that for a reason. Her team is going to be smarter about this one, there's no doubt in my mind.

Plus a NA leg to the Paradise Tour would make no sense in any context at this point. She "closed" the era. I would assume it'd remain closed. Part of me thinks this NA leg is promo and then she'll drop UV tour dates for Europe at some point, then come back because the label can see she obviously sold well here.

I don't know how promo works in terms of release dates and tours, but I think everything's happening

it should. We got tour dates out of nowhere and now we have zero official news. They want us to be crazy about this release. And it's working. It'll be out "soon" :troll: there's no doubt in my mind that all of this was carefully planned in terms of making us wait with rumors flying all over on Twitter everyday. It's smart.

I was not expecting to type that much. Good byeeeee

97a673f2d.jpg

I just wish she was capable of learning how to date things, "soon" seems to be how she responds to every thing on Earth.

I mean, what is she doing between now and the tour? nothing, other than brushing her hair and spinning slowly in her living room she really needs to give me dates. x.

I mean, what is she doing between now and the tour? nothing, other than brushing her hair and spinning slowly in her living room she really needs to give me dates. x.

She could be editing some home-made videos for songs, or shoot videos for other songs

huffpost.com/us/entry/5001264?&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067 she's working with him!

This was the link I found (seems to work better):

It's amazing, I guess, that I have never heard of him, but when I saw that he was working with LDR (even if  possibly just a rumor, is Huffington reliable?), I immediately went to youtube to see what's there. After about a half dozen songs (which were all decent for the genre they represent, I think "Going to a Town" was the best, in my very initial opinion). He also bothers to write operas (in the classical sense of the term, I think) which means, even if you despise him, he has very high artistic ambition (or basically really is an artist for art's sake). He is also a standard bearer for "baroque pop", which @@lola defined usefully upstream. He kind of reminds me of Nick Drake (whom I've also only just heard about thru Barrie's cover). 

I don't think UV is much implicated, but I take it to be weird that he just drops the name (like a bomb) and then doesn't elaborate it.

This fandom needs Lana to stop giving dates

I know I'm one of the biggest promulgators of the "Lana is not reliable about dates" notion, but this fanbase is getting really ridiculous about this regarding Ultraviolence. Lana has never given an official date for its release or the release of a single and has no obligation to her fans to do so. She only mentioned a date once (May 1), accidentally to a fan when she didn't realize she was being recorded. I don't think it's fair to hold her to that, but even if we were going to, it's still not even April. It may drop before her tour starts in April, but even if it doesn't I don't think anyone should expect it to. Again, many dates are before May 1 and I don't think we should even hold her to that. I don't think we should even be terribly disappointed if it doesn't come out before the end of her North American tour. (Although I do think it would be fair to criticize if she doesn't at least preview songs from the album during her tour since she indicated the Tropico showings marked the end of the BTD era.)

What's even crazier yet is a lot of people have allowed their expectations to get built up by false rumors that clearly had no reliable basis in the first place. All we have is an album title, an off the cuff remark about a release date, some producers' names, a few descriptive words, and tour dates. Everything else is people imposing their own expectations. I know we all hate the word "soon", but this thing is probably going come out relatively soon, it hasn't been that terribly long since her last record came out, and it's not like we haven't had plenty of leaks to tide us over (and don't forget OUAD!). She's one of the most prolific artists out there right now, so I don't see what all the fuss or impatience is about.

tl;dr: Y'all need to quit with the thirsty entitlement.

It's amazing, I guess, that I have never heard of him, but when I saw that he was working with LDR (even if  possibly just a rumor, is Huffington reliable?), I immediately went to youtube to see what's there.

I don't see why this wouldn't be reliable. It's an interview so it came out of his own mouth.

tumblr_mhs73q4yRD1qll34mo1_500.gif

Stalking you has sorta become like my occupation.

Why is this the "Best Of" and not a typical "Greatest Hits" album?
Well, I couldn't really do a "Greatest Hits" album." I'm an artist's artist, as they say. There's always a price to pay for that, less time on the radio or VH1. So, I mean, the downside is you're not a master. You're not a celebrity whose life is constantly hounded and revealed. But, on the other hand, I've been able to make the kind of records that I want to make. My fans are incredibly loyal all over the world. So, it's for them, the "Best Of" label. It's classier.

welp, he's just as if not even more pretentious than lana...

Caesar said he’d fall in love with me if I was older. I own all of Mexico and I got my own roller-coaster.

Rufus Wainwright is talented but so high on himself lol.  I had a friend in Toronto who lived in the same building as him and his husband (before they had their kid with Leonard Cohen's daughter..) and they're SO NICE socially!! 

Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk is one of my favourite songs of his, but his cover of Hallelujah is good too (i'm sure a lot of ppl have heard that without knowing the artist).  I'm sure some of Lana's interest in him is his connections to Cohen and the fact that he's basically ~folk royalty~ .