lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

Rufus Wainwright is talented but so high on himself lol. I had a friend in Toronto who lived in the same building as him and his husband (before they had their kid with Leonard Cohen's daughter..) and they're SO NICE socially!!

Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk is one of my favourite songs of his, but his cover of Hallelujah is good too (i'm sure a lot of ppl have heard that without knowing the artist). I'm sure some of Lana's interest in him is his connections to Cohen and the fact that he's basically ~folk royalty~ .

His obsession with Cohen kind of freaks me out! I jut find him soooo pretentious, much prefer Martha and what she does.

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

Well I mean him and Leonard Cohen are quite close (to my knowledge he's been Lorca Cohen's ~bff~ for a long time?) so I'm guessing it just comes across as creepy in interviews when really it's just a deep appreciation of his talents.  Leonard Cohen talks pretty highly about Wainwright too. 

and YES martha is a queen, i love her. I like Loudon too, especially in his tiny film roles! 

Someone released a picture of the supposed DM.

BjQGt0dIEAAEIvC.jpg

I don't think I buy it. Probably photoshopped.

All the graininess around the text suggests to me that it's an edit (if it's real, awesome. I'm certainly tiring of release date speculations lately though, i wont believe anything until I hear Ultraviolence myself) 

Well I mean him and Leonard Cohen are quite close (to my knowledge he's been Lorca Cohen's ~bff~ for a long time?) so I'm guessing it just comes across as creepy in interviews when really it's just a deep appreciation of his talents.  Leonard Cohen talks pretty highly about Wainwright too. 

and YES martha is a queen, i love her. I like Loudon too, especially in his tiny film roles!

I guess Lorca thought he would make a really great dad but he only sees his daughter once a month! idk he just seems weird.

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

I guess Lorca thought he would make a really great dad but he only sees his daughter once a month! idk he just seems weird.

UGH really?  That's rotten lol what a jerk!! 

Someone released a picture of the supposed DM.

BjQGt0dIEAAEIvC.jpg

I don't think I buy it. Probably photoshopped.

I don't believe anything until it's officially announced or released. To me, this post is a bunch of bull.

One thing I really don't understand is, if Lana is going around DMing people, she would obviously expect it to get around. Assuming some of the old DMs are true, they leaked in seconds, so if she's gonna message people stuff like this, why not just officially announce it?

I know I'm one of the biggest promulgators of the "Lana is not reliable about dates" notion, but this fanbase is getting really ridiculous about this regarding Ultraviolence. Lana has never given an official date for its release or the release of a single and has no obligation to her fans to do so. She only mentioned a date once (May 1), accidentally to a fan when she didn't realize she was being recorded. I don't think it's fair to hold her to that, but even if we were going to, it's still not even April. It may drop before her tour starts in April, but even if it doesn't I don't think anyone should expect it to. Again, many dates are before May 1 and I don't think we should even hold her to that. I don't think we should even be terribly disappointed if it doesn't come out before the end of her North American tour. (Although I do think it would be fair to criticize if she doesn't at least preview songs from the album during her tour since she indicated the Tropico showings marked the end of the BTD era.)

What's even crazier yet is a lot of people have allowed their expectations to get built up by false rumors that clearly had no reliable basis in the first place. All we have is an album title, an off the cuff remark about a release date, some producers' names, a few descriptive words, and tour dates. Everything else is people imposing their own expectations. I know we all hate the word "soon", but this thing is probably going come out relatively soon, it hasn't been that terribly long since her last record came out, and it's not like we haven't had plenty of leaks to tide us over (and don't forget OUAD!). She's one of the most prolific artists out there right now, so I don't see what all the fuss or impatience is about.

tl;dr: Y'all need to quit with the thirsty entitlement.

Just to be clear, I'm in no hurry for ultraviolence. Which is good because it'll probably be a late summer release at the very least.

I would say I wish Lana would keep stum about dates and say nothing at all, but people would still pull release dates out of their arse regardless. I can absolutely imagine many Lana fans shitting bricks every Tuesday from this day forth expecting something to drop.

lanasigfinal_zpsfd0fc6ee.png

^ just this board. (Don't generalize)

I got attacked when I said people here are dumb.

Y'all are stupid to believe those DMs.

If the DMs are real, it will be all over twitter.

And you'll probably see retweets of the person who got the DM freaking out.

^ just this board. (Don't generalize)

I got attacked when I said people here are dumb.

Y'all are stupid to believe those DMs.

If the DMs are real, it will be all over twitter.

And you'll probably see retweets of the person who got the DM freaking out.

no it's most people not just this board lol

the rumors even spread to online news sources, and of course those are always reliable, so more people believe it and it's just a vicious cycle.

... and most rumors start on lanaboards 

tumblr_n44ko1s3Pk1rkudelo1_400.gif

sorry but this fanbase is stupid if they really thought may 1st was an official release date. use common sense pls

mte, she won't release an album on the date of the Atlanta concert.

I'd imagine she'd want to have a release show in LA or NYC at the end of the tour

BzhmW.png

1. Lana herself never said anything regarding a single this week, it was made up

2. She has never actually said "soon" about anything RE: ultraviolence

3. Close this thread

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey