lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

i don't like that either? 

lol not going to derail this thread w/that debate but bdsm is literally fetishizing abuse. what do you call getting off to hurting someone else/getting hurt yourself? yes there is "consent" but it doesn't change the fact that harm is being done. & please don't tell me i don't know what i'm talking about bcos i used to be a huge bdsm supporter, so.

i love lana's music and all but i don't have to agree with everything she sings about. 

No, it literally isn't. And the fact that you changed your mind about it or that your personal sexual preferences changed doesn't make it so.

I don't wanna dive too deep into this because this argument has been going on for like four hours, but... There's a difference between hitting your partner because you fucking hate them and want to inflict damage on them to scare them and hitting them because they want you to because, to them, it is an act of passion. Yes, either way it is in fact advocating some sort of violence, but people need to realize violence does indeed exist and whether or not Lana writes a lyric about it is not going to change a single thing. Also, not every young girl who hears that lyric is going to think, "Oh my God, Lana Del Rey likes her boyfriend to beat her up so I do too!" I'm not saying it can't have an impact like that, I'm just saying that's what a lot of people make it out to be. In Kinda Outta Luck, Lana sings about killing her partner because she thinks it's fun but that obviously isn't going to want to make me brutally murder my boyfriend? Personally, I don't see anything wrong with Lana writing about this. It's obviously something she's experienced or fantasizes about and she should be able to express that. Of course she's going to get shit from people, she already said that she knows it's coming. But obviously she doesn't care, so neither should you.

Aggressive =/= Abusive so can we please stop the whole taking-shit-out-of-context?

Jesus fucking Christ, whatever it takes to get to nag, it seems. Poor girl could never catch a break with self-disclosure without her own fans turning it into a psychoanalysis under the false pretense that she condones domestic abuse.

Re-fucking-lax, re-fucking-lax.

Yes, Lol @ the hysteria from some fans, geez take a chill pill, surely you have bigger things in your life that rile you up more than popstar lyrics lol. Its like a therapy session in here.

Based on the actual comment in the article, I feel pretty confident in saying that she's likely using domestic abuse as a metaphor for aggressively passionate love and not actually advocating it as a kink of hers or anything. That said, it's still a problematic metaphor to use, but I don't think it's any more that that.

Agreed, as usual people are getting to analytical over something she says.

What's this talk of photoshoots? I'd rather not visit robs twitter in fear of actually reading the cringe worthy tweets directed at him

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

What's this talk of photoshoots? I'd rather not visit robs twitter in fear of actually reading the cringe worthy tweets directed at him

Rob posted on Twitter/Instagram that Lana did a nine hour photoshoot in LA yesterday.

My personal belief is that she sings like a storyteller. In Boarding School, for example, she sings about being pro-anorexia alongside other serious things but I don't believe she honestly believes these things. She is a storyteller; she undergoes different people and different lives and tells stories. Half the stuff she sings about are unlikely to have even happened to her, but she is such a fantastic storyteller that she can sing in such excessive detail and make us believe it's truthful.

Remember: Lana did say this album would be "unlistenable". She wasn't going to be simply singing about missing a lover, she was bound to stray into dangerous territory. Some of that may anger some of you, some of you may find it completely fine. Regardless of that, this is the reaction Lana wanted; she chose to sing about such dark topics to make the album more personal.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

Lana might just like aggressive men. I agree with her if she does hehe. Or maybe she is trying to explain through her lyrics the different reasons people might stay with an abuser.

This is so shady and condescending but I feel like a lot of the fans who say this kind of thing have never even been in a relationship. That's not directed at you haha I just see a lot of the younger fans on twitter tumblr etc saying they "get" Lana's lyrics cos they like rough sex too and I'm like child pls uve only ever been spanked by your mama!

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I don't know, people usually complain about too many threads, and since the article is mainly about Ultraviolence I thought it would fit here. Didn't really expect such reactions though.

I get that, but look at this way: this forum is about to become entirely Ultraviolence. The purpose of just one thread for it is now gone because it will be the main focus of our activity. I mean I think we should be a news forum, too, not just a discussion forum.

Get ready for "S&M" the next ULTRAVIOLENCE single

Other tracks rumored;

Spank me in the pale moonlight & Daddy's belt

Yall better be ready for some #VIOLENCE 

ljZXOe0.jpg

My personal belief is that she sings like a storyteller. In Boarding School, for example, she sings about being pro-anorexia alongside other serious things but I don't believe she honestly believes these things. She is a storyteller; she undergoes different people and different lives and tells stories. Half the stuff she sings about are unlikely to have even happened to her, but she is such a fantastic storyteller that she can sing in such excessive detail and make us believe it's truthful.

i think Boarding School is written from the perspective of her highschool self, maybe she was pro-ana, i still suspect that she mightve had a eating disorder judging by how skinny she was up until 2010 and her maple syrup diets she talked about, but thats none of our business i guess.

Come on guys, it's just rock and roll.  "Hit Me Baby One More Time" and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" were both big hits by Britney Spears and Pat Benatar. 

Come on guys, it's just rock and roll.  "Hit Me Baby One More Time" and "Hit Me With Your Best Shot" were both big hits by Britney Spears and Pat Benatar. 

funfact.. TLC turned down Baby One More Time cause they thought the lyrics sounded too domestic abuse-y