lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

with similar it means a short film :duh:

I wouldn't call that a short film. That usually describes narrative-driven motion pictures that are 15-30 minutes in length. Ride and NA are long form music videos.

No chance this is going to happen. Look up her tour dates guys, it's impossible to get that video in June

I know. It's Lana Del Rey. The video will end up being in December 2015 :troll:

image.png

Buckle up bitches. If Lana is ~trying~ (keyword:trying) to release another "short film" (I don't think I want to classify TROPICO as a short film, it's just three music videos tied together with a story, but that's a whole different discussion) and it's handled in the same fashion as TROPICO, then we are in for one hell of a ride. I love that she's interested in showing us these projects that she does because we know that's she always been fond of making videos and telling stories, but I don't think that TROPICO was handled in the best fashion. If she wants to do another one, then she needs to have the full support from her label (something I don't think she had the last time around) and they need to handle things properly. With proper release dates, proper venues, and proper promotion. And if it does wind up being like Ride and National Anthem, then I'm going to rip my eyeballs out because those are not short films, they're done up music videos (in my opinion).

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

Buckle up bitches. If Lana is ~trying~ (keyword:trying) to release another "short film" (I don't think I want to classify TROPICO as a short film, it's just three music videos tied together with a story, but that's a whole different discussion) and it's handled in the same fashion as TROPICO, then we are in for one hell of a ride. I love that she's interested in showing us these projects that she does because we know that's she always been fond of making videos and telling stories, but I don't think that TROPICO was handled in the best fashion. If she wants to do another one, then she needs to have the full support from her label (something I don't think she had the last time around) and they need to handle things properly. With proper release dates, proper venues, and proper promotion. And if it does wind up being like Ride and National Anthem, then I'm going to rip my eyeballs out because those are not short films, they're done up music videos (in my opinion).

Tropico wasn't for any kind of album promotion and was probably funded by Lana herself. A single music video would have label support and be less messy.

No doubt that Ride and National Anthem is exactly what Lana considers a short film to be tbh. I'm okay with that because I like her videos having a storyline, unlike West Coast

I doubt that she'd do another short film at the same level as Tropico because it was so expensive. I'm expecting something similar to NA or Ride.

Tropico wasn't for any kind of album promotion and was probably funded by Lana herself. A single music video would have label support and be less messy.

No doubt that Ride and National Anthem is exactly what Lana considers a short film to be tbh. I'm okay with that because I like her videos having a storyline, unlike West Coast

I don't think TROPICO was for promotion either, but I think that getting word out on it was kinda sloppy with the last minute tweets and facebook posts. TROPICO was a big deal and Lana put a lot of work into it and I felt that it didn't get the attention it deserved (even though it was kinda weird). I do love Ride and National Anthem, and hope that Cruel World is more like them, but I just don't classify them as short films. But this is all IF this is true. I probably shouldn't be putting too much effort and thought into this, but I'm just too excited for Ultraviolence. (Side question: Is it TROPICO or Tropico? Same with Ultraviolence.. I've been going back and forth all this time.)

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

No chance this is going to happen. Look up her tour dates guys, it's impossible to get that video in June

:um: How would you know? lol it's not like you're part of her team or close to her...

Stop assuming things you really don't know

ZmJh1LG.jpg

:um: How would you know? lol it's not like you're part of her team or close to her...

Stop assuming things you really don't know

And we don't even know if she recorded other videos already.

uM2mzZZ.gifhoDhUSz.png?1

When Ultaviolence comes out, which songs are you guys going to listen to first?

I'm probably gonna buy the album and listen to the songs in order c:

Same tbh.

I'm gonna listen to the whole album in order first, and then I'm gonna jump around. 

Even though I am dying to her CW and to listen to it in order, I'll have to admit that I'll first jump to Florida Kilos to see if it's Kill Kill  :excited:  :excited:  :excited:

I'll try to listen to it in order, but I might jump straight to Black Beauty. lol