lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

She said it's going to be a "FU!" towards someone. What did you all expect?

right ? like everyone was so hyped and now there all "oh no thats not cool" over one clever line....thats not that bad lol

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

yeah but what she is doing is celebrating misogynistic attitudes, which is just as bad as racism or homophobia. she's encouraging the anti-feminist sentiment in our society that a woman who sleeps around is 'shameful'.

She is talking about one person and not women in general. I mean, critisizing UV for romanticizing domestic voilence is something I can understand. But FMWUTTT is clearly not misogynistic, she has posed as a prostitute/woman who sleeps around herself in other songs/videos.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

right ? like everyone was so hyped and now there all "oh no thats not cool" over one clever line....thats not that bad lol

What did I expect? I expected an at least semi-creative way of shutting someone down, without having to resort to slut shaming. Can't she come up with a better way to "diss" someone without degrading them to a term used to humiliate, shame and dehumanize women for liking, wanting & enjoying fucking like men?

yeah but what she is doing is celebrating misogynistic attitudes, which is just as bad as racism or homophobia. she's encouraging the anti-feminist sentiment in our society that a woman who sleeps around is 'shameful'.

Yes. The thing is that I'll just ignore the song because I think that Lana is a good person, but shit like that makes me angry. I mean she knows what it's like to be insulted in public. And the fact that she feels the need to talk about someone else like that just makes it very clear that she's not in peace with herself which is sad.

i dont think actually meant it in the way like "oh, you sleep around? slut!". I think its more of a "lol ur a bitch" kinda thing, said out of anger. Tbh i don't see anything wrong about what she said but i don't blame others for being insulted. And also whore rhymes with for and bore. Clever line IMO

The conflict over FMWUTTT tho... It's already called Fucked My Way Up To The Top, and now people are worried about it pissing people off because it's a diss track?  :toofloppy:

Yes, she's calling the other person a whore, but it's not in a "I'm criticizing you for sleeping around" kind of way... It's more of a "you're a no good bitch and I'm gonna insult you for hypocritically copying me" way  :derpna:

She is talking about one person and not women in general. I mean, critisizing UV for romanticizing domestic voilence is something I can understand. But FMWUTTT is clearly not misogynistic, she has posed as a prostitute/woman who sleeps around herself in other songs/videos.

one woman or all women, it doesn't matter; lana is still perpetuating misogynistic views by criticising other women for sleeping around. posing as a prostitute doesn't make her forgivable - if someone preaches racist views yet does charity work, does this absolve them of this hate?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

one woman or all women, it doesn't matter; lana is still perpetuating misogynistic views by criticising other women for sleeping around. posing as a prostitute doesn't make her forgivable - if someone preaches racist views yet does charity work, does this absolve them of this hate?

So if she would insult a man it would be something different?

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

I think she used the term whore mostly for the rhyming. And I could see her calling a man she didn't like a whore just the same. I don't think she's 'slut-shaming.'

He loves me with every beat of his cocaine heart.

I need old money ughhhhh I'm in love with it.

And to those of you who feel offended by FMWUTTT calm the fuck down bc she's obviously not talking about you. Just enjoy it.

this 'stick-my-head-in-the-sand' mentality does not work in the slightest. 

what do you mean?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

The conflict over FMWUTTT tho... It's already called Fucked My Way Up To The Top, and now people are worried about it pissing people off because it's a diss track?  :toofloppy:

Yes, she's calling the other person a whore, but it's not in a "I'm criticizing you for sleeping around" kind of way... It's more of a "you're a no good bitch and I'm gonna insult you for hypocritically copying me" way  :derpna:

there is no doubt that slut shaming was not her intention, but it's important that she gets called out on this shit - mainly so women in general stop calling other fucking women whores? where do you think that comes from? what kind of message do you think that perpetuates? if i call someone the N word but i'm not, you know, really meaning to use that word in the context of its history, does this somehow mean it's cool? no. for someone like lana, who has dramatized herself as a stripper, alluded to several sexual obsessions, has lyrics like "i was an angel looking to get fucked hard" and preaches this idea of ultimate freedom for women, you think she would be a little more wise and have a little more understanding about the history of that word and what kind of message it sends. it reminds me of childish brats in high school calling other girls whores and sluts. it was "harmless" name calling but it got a pretty strong idea across. and women's sexuality is still a HUGE issue, so like.... why so many people here seem to want to excuse this is kinda beyond me. i get that you love lana, i do, too, but that doesn't mean you should turn a blind eye to bullshit.

What did I expect? I expected an at least semi-creative way of shutting someone down, without having to resort to slut shaming. Can't she come up with a better way to "diss" someone without degrading them to a term used to humiliate, shame and dehumanize women for liking, wanting & enjoying fucking like men?

we havnt heard the whole song yet we dont know what all the song consists of and honestly that is a creative way to insult someone already, you shouldnt be so fast to judge a song based on 30 seconds and the "whore" word

we havnt heard the whole song yet we dont know what  all the song consists of and honestly that is a creative way to insult someone  already, you shouldnt be so fast to judge a song based on 30 seconds and the "whore" word

lmao

I think she used the term whore mostly for the rhyming. And I could see her calling a man she didn't like a whore just the same. I don't think she's 'slut-shaming.'

lmao x2

& this entire thread 

tumblr_mky8228AAU1rqfhi2o1_250.gif

Nah, women calling other women whores as an insult is absolutely ridiculous - especially when Lana gives some half-assed response about her idea of femimism being ~a woman being able to be completely free~.

Fair enough, I suppose. It's hypocrisy, is what it is. Like when I call people out for being "fags", whilst prancing around with my cakey foundation and pounds of mascara on, preaching about how everyone should have the freedom to live however they want. :lmao:

rihKQ8M.gif