lflflflflflflflflflf

Ultraviolence - Pre-Release Thread

this 'stick-my-head-in-the-sand' mentality does not work in the slightest. 

what do you mean?

She seems to adress one concrete person and uses the slur "whore". She's talking about this one woman. I don#t even think that whore is related to the "FMWUTTT" thing, as she clearly sings "I fucked my way up to the top - this is my show", which seems to be most likely sarcastic. So "whore" is just a "general" slur in this case. And "whore" .. well, itÄs  a whore. itäs not like she said "faggot" or ":)", a word that is musused as a slur and by that very negative and discriminating.

If it would be a  man and she would sing "you're a wanker", noone would say anything, but because she's talking about a woman and uses a female swearword you accuse her of being misogynistic- That's what I mean.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

The first snipped of Fucked My Way Up To The Top made it sound like a really beautiful song about sex, the second snippet makes it sound like a diss track, pehaps the entire song will be a mix of both so it won't be like a whole rant against this other person, more of a balance if you understand my meaning?

tumblr_oq0kv3RGWK1r4igkto2_540.jpg

Sad Girl

you haven't seen my man
you haven't seen him
he's got the fire
and he walks with me
he's got the fire
and he talks with me

He's money on the side
money on the side
Makes me so sad/sexy ? 

instagram.com/nastyboi97 tumblr_mxcp2sDhal1qcn6xro1_500.gif

She said it's going to be a "FU!" towards someone. What did you all expect?

Well I think it's because the 1st snippet made everyone think it would be about Lana dealing with fame.

I like how the song is really sarcastic but in the same time it's look kinda sad and disillusioned

She seems to adress one concrete person and uses the slur "whore". She's talking about this one woman. I don#t even think that whore is related to the "FMWUTTT" thing, as she clearly sings "I fucked my way up to the top - this is my show", which seems to be most likely sarcastic. So "whore" is just a "general" slur in this case. And "whore" .. well, itÄs  a whore. itäs not like she said "faggot" or ":)", a word that is musused as a slur and by that very negative and discriminating.

If it would be a  man and she would sing "you're a wanker", noone would say anything, but because she's talking about a woman and uses a female swearword you accuse her of being misogynistic- That's what I mean.

are you really trying to compare a loaded fucking word like "whore" - which is used to humiliate, dehumanize, shame ETC ETC ETC women for having sex/doing anything in sexual nature to ...calling a dude a wanker? which means what exactly? i have never heard anyone call a dude a wanker before in my life. know how many times i've heard men call women whores - for doing pretty much anything, from wearing short dresses to flirting at a party to having consentual sex?

give me a break.

it is just as discriminatory as a racist or homophobic word. i literally don't know how many times i have to say this; sexism is just as serious a problem as racism, homophobia, ableism and all other forms of discrimination in the world.

and i'm sorry, but how often are men repeatedly oppressed and objectified in the media? how often is a man chastised for sleeping around? how often is a man sexualised as an object? how often is a man's sexuality repeatedly described as something sinful or shameful?

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

I am throughly amused omg. You were expecting..better?

On one hand, yeah it's boring and old hat to call out someone as a whore (not that female singers don't do it all the time) butI don't know, we all heard So Legit right? That wasn't even or tasteful either. The song is called Fucked My Way Up to The Top...Like anyway you spin this, the song wasn't gonna tick any empowerment checkboxes. It sucks that Lana isn't more engaged in that particular aspect of her work, but we all accept that its very personal, and as we know she just doesn't give a shit about feminism. You should not be looking for Kathleen Hanna teas from the new LDR record. Maybe she'll change her tune one day, She wouldn't be the first to do so.

Tbh it sounds really great, Sonically, lyrically.

tZ7WN4B.gif

are you really trying to compare a loaded fucking word like "whore" - which is used to humiliate, dehumanize, shame ETC ETC ETC women for having sex/doing anything in sexual nature to ...calling a dude a wanker? which means what exactly? i have never heard anyone call a dude a wanker before in my life. know how many times i've heard men call women whores - for doing pretty much anything, from wearing short dresses to flirting at a party to having consentual sex?

give me a break.

Did you literally create an account here just to complain about a snippet? :lanasrs:  Was making a long winded tumblr post not enough for you or...? 

sort of ~

Oh my god just get over it! You all sound ridiculous...Getting all worked up on song which you haven't even listened to the whole thing yet. Stop taking it so personal

Just get over racism! You all sound ridiculous...Getting all worked up on a white person calling a black person :). Stop taking it so personal

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

So Legit is pretty insulting too towards the transgender community :"You're looking like a man" ...

" your looking like a man and talking like a baby how is your song in a coke commercial crazy".  lol unless lady gaga has a dick this is not offensive to transgenders 

So Legit is pretty insulting too towards the transgender community :"You're looking like a man" ...

" your looking like a man and talking like a baby how is your song in a coke commercial crazy".  lol unless lady gaga has a dick this is not offensive to transgenders 

Ciggeretes and RoboTusin will i ever get to Heaven

Gaga is not transgender, though. Not to our knowledge, anyway. Of course, "looking like a man" is relative, but c'mon. It's not necessarily negative.

rihKQ8M.gif

Just get over racism! You all sound ridiculous...Getting all worked up on a white person calling a black person :). Stop taking it so personal

How can you even compare these two things...

I AM MY ONLY GOD

it is just as discriminatory as a racist or homophobic word. i literally don't know how many times i have to say this; sexism is just as serious a problem as racism, homophobia, ableism and all other forms of discrimination in the world?

faggot and whore are so completely different, i hope im not the only that sees this

faggot- term used against people for what they were born with

whore- term used against people for getting with everything they see