Manueldelrey

Lana Del Rey Nominated for 2 Grammys!

I think Paradise got there as a compensation mechanism. Hnestly #justiceforborntodiealbum. They really ignored her but her SA tour did her good tbh. Now they know she is an act capable to get money off south american and europeans LOL and we all know the Grammys is a business machine. Anyway, whatever the reason is she deserves the prize more than most of those plastics.

go lana

ps: I think that if they want to acknolowdge her as a singer she will get the best pop vocals

I think she can get the best soundtrack after all Gatsby is a American classic

I don't think that has anything to do with her tour but her impact in USA this year, as you said Grammys is a business machine and Lana finally had 2 popular singles there is no way they can ignore her anymore.

About soundtrack nom, the real problem is Skyfall. There is no way to compete with this song

Everyone knows being nominated or wining a Grammy just means you’re a favorite among a bunch of music industry dinosaurs. They select people on album sales chart positions, or their connections in the industry.

If I went to jail, at least I wouldn't have to sign autographs

I'm not expecting a win, and i fucking hate this awards show...............but, i love her so the noms are welcome.

I agree. I find the nominations to be a nice treat for Lana, she deserves those nods. It's nice that's she's being acknowledge in the US. And I hope she can see that.

I just want her to perform.

Anyways, so far we have Satellite Award nom and Grammy award nom for Y&B. We are less than a week away from the Golden Globe noms announcements. There's already predictions for her to get a nod at the Oscars, but she gets the nom for the GG, it'll secure her a nominations for the Oscars.

I'm not expecting a win, and i fucking hate this awards show...............but, i love her so the noms are welcome.

I love the Grammys. Its so plastic!! Is like a wax museum but with statues that actually move, talk and walk

glgcDdT.gif

I love the Grammys. Its so plastic!! Is like a wax museum but with statues that actually move, talk and walk

Lana in Madame Tussauds wax museum. Maybe something for the future? That's an idea...

A lot of people have been talking about if Skyfall is still eligible to be nominated and why other albums, such as ARTPOP and Bangerz, were not nominated. Skyfall is still eligible to be nominated because the time frame for this upcoming Grammys is October 1, 2012 to September 30, 2013. Skyfall was released just in time for this years by being released October 5, 2012 and ARTPOP and Bangerz weren't released in time with ARTPOP being released November 6, 2013 and Bangerz October 4, 2013. Adele made it in the nick of time and Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus weren't snubbed. Hoped that cleared some stuff. 

tumblr_ma0935r5Ds1rbghbvo1_500.gif

Skyfall is dull and passe. Sure Adele has that powerful classic voice that people seem to love so much, but there's no real depth in her singing or lyricism. Other than that unfortunate "a boy left me and I'm butthurt and insecure so I'm going to stalk him at his wedding which would get me a restraining order if I were a man" moment on 21. Even though Y&B isn't the best Lana song, it deserves to beat fucking Skyfall. 

But Paradise???? Like I loved it in the way a parent loves their kid's talent show performance, and plus it was new material and Ride was flawless etc. But I don't think it's Grammy-worthy, unlike Born to Die. It wasn't as cohesive or well-produced or significant. I agree that it's a consolation prize for snubbing BTD. Stii hope it wins though--I want Lana to feel like the US loves and appreciates her again. AND IF FUCKING BLURRED LINES BEATS HER I AM GOING TO DIE AND EXPLODE INTO THE STRATOSPHERE BECAUSE I HATE EVERYTHING ON THIS FUCKED UP PLANET SO HELP ME. 

there is a light & it never goes out

Skyfall is dull and passe. Sure Adele has that powerful classic voice that people seem to love so much, but there's no real depth in her singing or lyricism. Other than that unfortunate "a boy left me and I'm butthurt and insecure so I'm going to stalk him at his wedding which would get me a restraining order if I were a man" moment on 21. Even though Y&B isn't the best Lana song, it deserves to beat fucking Skyfall. 

But Paradise???? Like I loved it in the way a parent loves their kid's talent show performance, and plus it was new material and Ride was flawless etc. But I don't think it's Grammy-worthy, unlike Born to Die. It wasn't as cohesive or well-produced or significant. I agree that it's a consolation prize for snubbing BTD. Stii hope it wins though--I want Lana to feel like the US loves and appreciates her again. AND IF FUCKING BLURRED LINES BEATS HER I AM GOING TO DIE AND EXPLODE INTO THE STRATOSPHERE BECAUSE I HATE EVERYTHING ON THIS FUCKED UP PLANET SO HELP ME. 

it's a piece of shit award show. don't get so invested in it. please.

I'm not invested in the show or who gets what trophy. If Blurred Lines wins a NATIONAL award, I think that's indicative of rape culture acceptance in mainstream media in America. It's the message that sends that would irritate me. Forgive the all-caps hyperbole that you apparently didn't pick up on.  

there is a light & it never goes out

Some of you are so.. pretentious acting as if you are above pop music (Fuckin bangerz!)

The only thing I'm pissed about is Gaga's snub and the fact that Macklemore/JT will do a sweep.  Kendrick deserves Album of the year, imo.  And I def don't think Katy deserves a nom right now, especially for that trash "Roar", "Applause" was the best pop single of the year..

*** People call me crazy but I'm in demand ***

I'm not invested in the show or who gets what trophy. If Blurred Lines wins a NATIONAL award, I think that's indicative of rape culture acceptance in mainstream media in America. It's the message that sends that would irritate me. Forgive the all-caps hyperbole that you apparently didn't pick up on.  

While the record companies submit for consideration of nominations, it's the voting members that determine who is nominated and later who wins. The voting members are determined by eligibility (look for that info synopsized on the second column of the 2nd page) and whether they join and pay the dues, so this document tells who will determine if LDR wins anything. The pre concert TV show said at the end that about 12000 can vote, but voters are encouraged only to vote in their categories of expertise and it's quality that supposed to determine their vote (they have a limited number of votes to spread over the specific categories).

http://www2.grammy.com/PDFs/Members/naras_app.pdf

I'm hoping LDR will be pleased even if she doesn't win anything. It's great being nominated.

Babe that ship has sailed a long time ago. Bluerred Lines was nominated which is already a clear message. America was shocked with Miley cyrus at the VMA's yet no one seem to take notice of the 40 year old looking like a pedo on stage with her, you know Robin Thicke.  or the one who created that mess, also 40, called Pharrel. Yet Miley was a "scandal". Go figure.

Remember that Chris Brown was performing at the Grammys and nominated to awards not even 16 months after he almost beat Rihanna to death. Was not even a unknown poor soul was fucking Rihanna. Remember while that is allowed M.I.A is being sued for 1.5 millions for fliping the middle finger at the superbowl. Beating a women is allowed but dont dare flip the middle finger. Who was the rapper who did that pro rape drug song and lost his Reebok contract? T Pain? 2 Chainz?

glgcDdT.gif